• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    Stack Au Ag Pb
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Another good game from Herbert and I think mentally he needed a win. The INT sucked but Keenan looked bad on that play and probably shouldn’t have been on the field and even then for a rookie Justin is pretty good at taking care of the ball. That was gas to Johnson on the run for the TD and he hit him again late to get us in FG range to win the game.

I think he’s big against the Raiders this week as well.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

The problem is that with a guy like Herbert, who can buy some time with his legs, and extend plays, we need WR who can beat the press. A couple of receivers who can get off the line and get downfield is the kind of things that can stop teams from blitzing and makes an weakish OL look a lot better than it is. The first year Ron Rivera was our DC, Norv got the O working on all cylinders after a couple of weeks, and teams simply stopped blitzing us. Every time someone pulled out a new blitz, Norv had an answer and our receivers beat every blitz they threw at us. We went 13-3, despite the fact the D was not all that great.

I'm not suggesting we go back to that type of offense, just if the receviers can get into their routes quickly, or can create instant seperation, then Herbert is the kind guy who can make defenses pay time and time again.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
        Stack Au Ag Pb
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

So Johnson or Williams? I like Williams a lot and we’ve seen flashes where I thought he was going to beast and take off but then it’s some weird injury or he just disappears. I hope Johnson gets more reps and now is the time to do it IMO and Herbert gets him the ball.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Tyron Johnson to play over MW? Lol, you guys are nuts.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

We signed Williams to a 5th year option, so he is probably going to be around next season. However, if he doesn't find a way to stay on the field and develop some consistency, I think he is gone after that. The 2nd contract for a guy taken #7 is just too high to justify for a guy of his "modest" production.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              We signed Williams to a 5th year option, so he is probably going to be around next season. However, if he doesn't find a way to stay on the field and develop some consistency, I think he is gone after that. The 2nd contract for a guy taken #7 is just too high to justify for a guy of his "modest" production.
              They already picked up the option?

Maybe they sign him to a better four year deal for cap relief next season. Dont matter where he was drafted, he hasnt had a Tyrell type season yet,.. (Though he got 1000 yards last season)and he got 11 mil per season.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                doesn't have to be either/or. But Ty gives us a speed option that we've sorely lacked. good to see him come along.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

doesn't have to be either/or. But Ty gives us a speed option that we've sorely lacked. good to see him come along.
                  Agree, good to see he and Guyton coming along but neither are as good as MW. Just hope they keep progressing because your right we need some speed at WR and Guyton has given us a few nice long bombs for that homerun pass.

Having two in the same route as MW going deep all at once are good odds for a big play.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    No. MW is No. 2. Hopefully Johnson develops into a solid No. 3, which the Chargers have lacked the past two seasons. That's the way I see it right now.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Herbert has 25 TD passes after today, three away from setting the rookie record.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                        Herbert has 25 TD passes after today, three away from setting the rookie record.
                        I hope he smokes it in the final 3 games. maybe 5 above.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Classic
                          Hall Of Fame
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          He was headed for 30+ and still might make it. Love to see that happen.

Comment

Working...
                          X