• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah sux for him that he is 1-6 while playing so well and Tua is 2-0 and didn't do much his first game. Herbert has played very well with nothing to show for it. Just plays for a cursed franchise.
    You’re cursed until you’re not. 20 years ago nobody was singing the praises of the New England Patriots.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

You’re cursed until you’re not. 20 years ago nobody was singing the praises of the New England Patriots.
      We are 50 years and no praises.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Thoughts and appreciation while Justin Herbert sticks it out and honors his contract. Worse case scenario, TT and company work him sideways for the next 3 seasons until he gets frustrated and gets franchised tagged. It's not pointing in that direction yet. To you, the Spanos family...see that it doesn't, you dummies.

Pundits talk about how the Chargers have their franchise QB for the next decade. Not so fast. Franchise tags or not.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We are 50 years and no praises.
              Chiefs were in the same boat until Myhommie came along. I know they won SB 4 but they have been an afterthought since then with some good regular seasons and pathetic playoff appearances. Maybe we got our version of myhommie and we are set to win. We just need a real coach to bring it together.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I'm just wondering - has there ever been a rookie QB that did it better than JH10? I'm sure there have been some that did as well but I really can't recall any that did it any better.

Also, think about the big three from this years draft, it's very unusual for three QB's to all be starting and doing well as a rookie.

For those that think the Bolts have a curse, landing Herbert kind of blows away that curse.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  I'm just wondering - has there ever been a rookie QB that did it better than JH10? I'm sure there have been some that did as well but I really can't recall any that did it any better.

Also, think about the big three from this years draft, it's very unusual for three QB's to all be starting and doing well as a rookie.

For those that think the Bolts have a curse, landing Herbert kind of blows away that curse.
                  Re your 2nd point, I have been thinking about this too and wonder if QBs are being better prepared than before for the NFL in college and maybe even in high school. Re your 1st point, Rivers was poised and ready the moment he stepped on the field as a starter. Of course he had two years sitting behind a future HOF QB. He also had LT, who carried the offense and who opposing defenses were focused on; Rivers was the secondary focus. Also in his first year as a starter Rivers received all the 1st team work for all of the OTAs, training camp and preseason. So, when you compare all the benefit and preparation Rivers had before becoming a starter, what Herbert is doing, carrying the offense being thrown into the fire as a rookie, with no OTAs, not getting 1st team reps in training camp, and zero preseason games, it is unprecedented, absolutely.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Rule changes help with that but yeah, the speed of the game dont seem to be as much a issue for them.
                    Curse remains as we are still losing the same ways as before. New franchise QB playing lights out, still losing close games.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Who ever cut Herbert's hair needs to be fired as well.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

For SURE! He was the surfer dude with a cannon...now...a *** with a cannon.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

hahaha. Apparently it was the strength and conditioning coach. Fire him!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X