• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBad
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Keenan's 96 yds receiving per game is 4th in the NFL right now. That is better than Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, DJ Moore, Ja'Marr Chase and Travis Kelce.

His 72 percent catch percentage is 2nd among the top 10 WRs.

His .67 TD receptions per game is 4th best in the league.

His 4.6 YAC yards per catch is 4th among players who have at least 500 yds receiving (16 players total).

But hey, Keenan is nothing more than an aged possession receiver the Chargers should trade ASAP.
    STATS STATS STATS STATS.....

Kirk Cousins is always at the top of the stats too. People don't seem to understand the impact on WINNING that guys actually have. If Keenan was our number 2 he'd be great but still about done due to age. The stats you list actually show how bad the Chargers offense is. Imagine any real contending team depending on him to be the man.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
      The stats you list actually show how bad the Chargers offense is. Imagine any real contending team depending on him to be the man.
      Stats that prove KA is a top 5 WR in the league shows how bad the Chargers offense is? Please explain that one.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Is the goal to be 2-4 or to overcome KC and compete for a Championship? The overthrow was bad in the first half but was Keenan even open in the second? He is an old safety valve possession WR that costs too much. I've watched the Chargers for over 40 years and I just don't care about ANY loyalty at this point.
        Again, if the QB doesnt over throw Keenan in two games, maybe we win those. And it was 2 overthrows in one game.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If they want to win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years of the Herbert deal (as they are not going to win one this year)-- , if he is willing to go to a contender yes, they should trade Allen while he has value
          Trade Bosa, Mack and Ekeler as well

The Chargers need a pseudo rebuild as by the time they are good again, none of these players will be with them.
          Patrick Mahomes won the Super Bowl in February and his best receiver was 2 years older than Keenan is now. Try again.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Just a note about my like or dislike for Keenan Allen. Its the same as Poppers. It was a matter of Dollars and (Cap) Sense. If one looked at the cap and the roster-- which I did - I saw a team that I didn't think was ready to win a title plus had many pending free agents after this year (Ekeler, Davis, Murray, Austin Johnson)

I didn't think it was wise to go all in on the cap - -they are now 55m over the cap in all reality heading into the 2024 offseason and the team is 2-4 - thats not good. They had decisions on four players and Allen was the easiest player to move on from

With respect to speed - you confuse speed with the ability to make plays with the ball in their hands.
            Im not confused at all. There is more ....alot more to being a WR than pure speed. Many here dont understand that. I get YAC, i talked about it al the time lol...i wanted us to draft Kincaid or Flowers. Two YAC players. But it isnt a must have need for a WR. Most WRs arent good YAC guys and if you look at their stats, their YAC averages arent very good. Diggs YAC ave for example is only 3.26 yards. Less than Keenans.

You wanted us to sign Andy Isabella purely because he was fast....but he isnt a good WR at all. Im not sure he is even on a roster this year.
            In fact, you named several WRs that were getting released that you wanted us to sign because they were fast. Davis is fast....he hardly plays. Guyton is fast, he sparingly plays when he is healthy.

Our WRs arent slow save for Keenan and he is the quickest off the LOS and the best route runner. Larry Fitz wasnt fast..., but he also wasnt slow and he has 1432 career receptions.
            Palmer is the same speed as MW but since he isnt as big he looks faster.

Not many here thinks Palmer isn't that great but he is going to be a good one and is better every year.

We have a good roster. The coaching is awful. Cant tell ya how pathetic that defensive plan in the first half against KC was a major fail and awful gameplan by Staley....or maybe it was Ainsley. Especially after Staley said a couple years ago, you cant play zone aganst KC and approved the plan anyways.

As for the cap....they will figure it out. Saints do every year when they are above the cap and they are still signing players. You focus too much on the cap....but we did take a big hit on JC which is Staleys fault for misuse of him. Had he not done that, he is still here and playing well for us and not NE. Keenan may be the easiet to move on from but Keenan is a stud and Herbs guy.

Where would we be without Kenan? 0-6? I didnt like Bosa's new contract. That one is the biggest one to get around or be stuck with.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-28-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
              In regards to Keenan Allen... he may not have the top-end speed to take the top off of the defense. But if you pair him with a WR that can... he is very dangerous. He is one of the best mid/short route runners in the NFL. If you single-man cover him... he will set you up, turn you around, and beat you for 5-15 yards every time. If you play zone vs him... he will find the soft spot faster than you can say "Travis Kelce".

Defenses know this. That's why they double him and bracket him. If this is the way teams play him... it should only free others up to make plays (whether that is other WR's... or a TE... or RB's). If you look at it this way... you can see his true value. On a team that lacks intelligence... he is a shining light with the ability to teach others how to become professionals. Is he worth $34 million against the cap next year...? Only elite QB's are worth that type of money. But if they decide to extend him (say, another 2-3 years) then that creates a bit more room. And I think this was the plan all along.

They had 2 WR's signed to big contracts in KA and MW. They had 2 Edge players signed to big contracts in JB and KM.
              If you pair those contracts with their first 2 draftees (QJ and Tuli)... it's easy to connect the dots. The only thing that's left to do is decide which of the 2 WR's to keep (I prefer Keenan) and which of the 2 edge-rushers to keep. I prefer Mack... but I think the way both player's contracts are structured, that the organization plans to keep Bosa.
              I keep saying this but the focus is on speed....lol. Never hurts to have a Keenan Allen on again ill say, if we release him he would be signed in NY minute by another team and then the TV pundits would be talking about him a lot more than they do with our team.

Comment

• BigBad
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

Stats that prove KA is a top 5 WR in the league shows how bad the Chargers offense is? Please explain that one.
                He isn't a top 10 WR.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Keenan's 96 yds receiving per game is 4th in the NFL right now. That is better than Justin Jefferson, Stefon Diggs, DJ Moore, Ja'Marr Chase and Travis Kelce.

His 72 percent catch percentage is 2nd among the top 10 WRs.

His .67 TD receptions per game is 4th best in the league.

His 4.6 YAC yards per catch is 4th among players who have at least 500 yds receiving (16 players total).

But hey, Keenan is nothing more than an aged possession receiver the Chargers should trade ASAP.
                  Fact is Keenan can get YAC and does but he isnt Tyreek so it doesnt get noticed because he isnt taking them to the house.

Here are some stats for WR and the only one i can find YAC totals. People can do some math and see YAC isnt a big stat. Tyreek by far leads the league with a 6.62 ave. Smallr number than im sure some thought.

Keenans ave is 4.58. Kelce is just ahead of him (4.62) because of the swell coverage we used on him in the first half last week. Diggs YAC ave is only 3.26

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I keep saying this but the focus is on speed....lol. Never hurts to have a Keenan Allen on again ill say, if we release him he would be signed in NY minute by another team and then the TV pundits would be talking about him a lot more than they do with our team.
                    Guaranteed! Imagine our secondary vs Keenan. Not pretty.
                    Who would you rather see vs our secondary...? MW or KA...?

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

He isn't a top 10 WR.
                      You are correct in the sense that he's a top 5 WR.

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Fact is Keenan can get YAC and does but he isnt Tyreek so it doesnt get noticed because he isnt taking them to the house.

Here are some stats for WR and the only one i can find YAC totals. People can do some math and see YAC isnt a big stat. Tyreek by far leads the league with a 6.62 ave. Smallr number than im sure some thought.

Keenans ave is 4.58. Kelce is just ahead of him (4.62) because of the swell coverage we used on him in the first half last week. Diggs YAC ave is only 3.26

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/i...electedTable=2
                        Some fans here only see KA's age and think he can't possibly a top WR in the league anymore, without actually looking at his performance this season compared to the other top WRs in the league. Travis Kelce is 34, three years older than Keenan, and is at the top of his game. In his 30s Kelce is having some of his best years. So is Keenan, who, like Kelce, is still in great physical condition and uses his experience and understanding of the game to play at high level after 30.

BTW, I use Pro Football Reference for all my stat gathering. They have detailed stats for very player by career, season and game and it's always up to date.

Checkout the latest stats for Keenan Allen. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Some fans here only see KA's age and think he can't possibly a top WR in the league anymore, without actually looking at his performance this season compared to the other top WRs in the league. Travis Kelce is 34, three years older than Keenan, and is at the top of his game. In his 30s Kelce is having some of his best years. So is Keenan, who, like Kelce, is still in great physical condition and uses his experience and understanding of the game to play at high level after 30.

BTW, I use Pro Football Reference for all my stat gathering. They have detailed stats for very player by career, season and game and it's always up to date.

Checkout the latest stats for Keenan Allen. Get info about his position, age, height, weight, college, draft, and more on Pro-football-reference.com.

I use it too but they dont show YAC. Edit...i found it, had to scroll down further lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X