• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

He is 14th in yards, 15th in average completion. 8th in TDs, 9th in ratings. So not sure what you're looking at. But here is the thing. He is getting worse not better.
    The offense is sputtering. 0 2nd half points against the Raiders, 3 against the Cowboys, 0 against the Chiefs. Has not played at a high level all year. Has had
    multiple games where he could have won the game but failed. He's not seeing the field, missing wide open receivers. Making bad throws. Pressure getting to him.
    Has not come through in the clutch.

You shouldn't be making excuses for him. Palmer is doing just fine. Run game was OK yesterday. Ekeler should not have been playing. Lots of 3 and outs when
    we needed a score.

At this point in time he is broken. You can't watch the games and tell me otherwise.
    Not making excuses - just watching the game and realize its bigger than Herbert

He throws a catchable pass to Everett in the end zone - and the dude doesn't catch it. Next play, tipped ball and an INT. But there wouldn't have been the tipped ball if Everett makes the catch

He throws a pass to Allen - yes, it had some zip on it - right through Allen's hands. Next play was a sack

And back to the defense - they absolutely are bottom of the league. Even when they got a stop after that whacky defense by Staley - that allowed the Chiefs to flip field position by 20 yards

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Sure I can, and I did.

He is 7th in yards passing per game at 265.3 yards per game (most of the guys ahead of him have played 7 games to Herbert's 6 which is why he is 14th in yards). He'd be higher on the TD list with another game as well. He is 6th in average yards per attempt at 7.6. He is 9th in ratings, all of which fall into the top 10 like I mentioned.

He has played a couple of bad games while dealing with his broken finger against 2 really good defenses. He'll be fine and is the least of the things I worry about on this team.
      100 BLEEPING PERCENT!!!!

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Not making excuses - just watching the game and realize its bigger than Herbert

He throws a catchable pass to Everett in the end zone - and the dude doesn't catch it. Next play, tipped ball and an INT. But there wouldn't have been the tipped ball if Everett makes the catch

He throws a pass to Allen - yes, it had some zip on it - right through Allen's hands. Next play was a sack

And back to the defense - they absolutely are bottom of the league. Even when they got a stop after that whacky defense by Staley - that allowed the Chiefs to flip field position by 20 yards
        Herbert has been getting his balls tipped at a high rate. Nothing really new there. And you can blame the first half 24 point debacle on the defense. You cannot blame 0 points in the second
        half on the defense. In all four losses Herbert had the chance to win the game. Not saying he's expected to come through all four times. But just 50% and we'd be 4-2 instead of the reverse.

Instead 0. That's not a elite QB playing at a high level. 3 points in the second half of three games now. Sorry but right now he is broken.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2022
          • Send PM

Sure I can, and I did.

He is 7th in yards passing per game at 265.3 yards per game (most of the guys ahead of him have played 7 games to Herbert's 6 which is why he is 14th in yards). He'd be higher on the TD list with another game as well. He is 6th in average yards per attempt at 7.6. He is 9th in ratings, all of which fall into the top 10 like I mentioned.

He has played a couple of bad games while dealing with his broken finger against 2 really good defenses. He'll be fine and is the least of the things I worry about on this team.
          All very nice, if he's your fantasy football quarterback.He hasn't played well for the majority of this season. It may continue throughout the year under this coaching staff. If he's still playing this way after a coaching change next season, that's when it becomes concerning for me.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

All very nice, if he's your fantasy football quarterback.He hasn't played well for the majority of this season. It may continue throughout the year under this coaching staff. If he's still playing this way after a coaching change next season, that's when it becomes concerning for me.
            Actually I loyally trot him out as my fantasy QB every week and he got me 16 points yesterday and lost me my game lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Sure I can, and I did.

Maybe.

He only had 1 yesterday and only had like 227 yards against the Cowboys and that will bring his yards per game down if the Bears play good defense. It is a bit alarming that he is missing open receivers and I'll agree the OL hasn't been a big help but his injured finger is on his other hand. That shouldn't hinder him anywhere close like the rib injury did.

You got to step up. Rivers had plenty of times when he didn't have his best receivers and still played well. Missing Everett isn't good though. We have crap behind him. I think missing Everett is a big deal. He isn't a stud but he is miles better than the guys behind him.

Sure would be nice if he was locked in to the same system for some time but Spanos/ Telescos failures in hiring HCs is killing that.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Actually I loyally trot him out as my fantasy QB every week and he got me 16 points yesterday and lost me my game lol
                He only got me 10...our league is low scoring. But what really lost my game was Atlanta not putting out word that Bijan wasn't going to play.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He only got me 10...our league is low scoring. But what really lost my game was Atlanta not putting out word that Bijan wasn't going to play.
                  Same!!!! That was the other thing beside Herbert. Beyond annoying! Thanks Falcons, I hope they get a hefty fine. It is being investigated. A good day from Herbert might have rescued me though.

Comment

• victoriaboltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • victoria b.c.
                    • Send PM

That cost me too.!! Aren't there rules about that ?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by victoriaboltfan View Post

That cost me too.!! Aren't there rules about that ?
                      Yes. NFL is investigating

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Maybe.

He only had 1 yesterday and only had like 227 yards against the Cowboys and that will bring his yards per game down if the Bears play good defense. It is a bit alarming that he is missing open receivers and I'll agree the OL hasn't been a big help but his injured finger is on his other hand. That shouldn't hinder him anywhere close like the rib injury did.

You got to step up. Rivers had plenty of times when he didn't have his best receivers and still played well. Missing Everett isn't good though. We have crap behind him. I think missing Everett is a big deal. He isn't a stud but he is miles better than the guys behind him.

Sure would be nice if he was locked in to the same system for some time but Spanos/ Telescos failures in hiring HCs is killing that.
                        This is reasonable.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

So Herbert is not playing very well right now and I think it is fair to mention like many have said there are circumstances that have to be mentioned. I wont list them all because we all know what they are and the biggest is management and coaching.

But I have been listening to NFL media, and podcasts and it is pretty sad. Herbert is being called not a winner, most over rated player in NFL etc etc. I understand where it is coming from ...he was annointed early when he put up gaudy numbers and he is now paid to be elite. Now as the QB he is getting all the blame.

For sure something is not right with him right now but he has the talent and smarts to fix it, but why this is unfair and sad is because this bad organization is setting him up to fail. I doubt we see the same result from Mahomes without 6 years of stability with Andy Reid and 3 new offenses in 4 years, no defense, no protection, no speed on offense etc etc.

It is getting to the point that if the Spanos don't do something to protect their huge investment and franchise player, the ways things are going currently, Telesco and Staley are going to ruin this kids career. Knowing all this I do find it difficult to listen to all the heat Justin is taking around the NFL world.

FU Staley. Charger fans were finally given something nice and you are ruining it.

Comment

Working...
                          X