• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

This draft will be so easy to access in hindsight. It will either be an A or an F and there is no in between. TT either is the GM for the next 10 plus years here or he will be fired if they continue with losing and have another losing season. IF Love or Tua go onto have a winning career and Justin Herbert becomes a "not who we thought he would be" QB ... F

IF Simmons goes on to be a generational LB' and Murray never makes a pro bowl... F However if all goes well and the opposite happens A

The reality is we needed a QB, WR, OT, RB, and LB, everyone knows it and the players we got to fill those voids were chosen and now we see if TT made the right picks, or the Chargers go the other way and continue to stay in last place, If so changes will be made. The point is we are finally going to really find out IF TT has the right stuff to continue to be our GM.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

I'll give this draft a C. Ironically, I think three of these players will be around a long time. But Herbert won't be one of them. Without a long-term QB, it's a late 80s rehash of the Chargers.

Murray, Kelley & Hill were great picks.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

For all those crapping on Herbert. One question. If you swapped he and Burrows on teams how do u think each would have faired? My opinion? Burrows never even gets drafted. Do the same for Tua. Honestly i think Burrows may have the highest bust factor. But by any objective measure both Burrows and Tua had vastly superior skill players to play with. Burrows could not beat out RJ Barrett and stunk yr 1 at LSU before NO pass coordinator came in and used all the weapons to attack and he had perhaps the best yr a college QB ever had.

I will go out in a limb ..... Herbert has the best pro career of these 3. Yes i said it and BELIEVE it. One reason for this is I believe Tua will have a career with flashes derailed by injury.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Today i give it a B with upgrade potential. I expect 3 starters day 1, 4 starters by 2022. If there are 4(+) starters by 2022, its an A+. We haven’t had a draft net 4 starters in a really long time. If its just 3 or less starters that don’t include JH, it drops to D+.

We won’t know the final grade until JH Is ready to start games (or never ready). that is the big chalupa - 50% of my total grade imo and nobody expects to know the answer first week of Sept or Oct.

When you swing big for the fences at QB1 with your high first pick, its feast or famine. If he becomes a steady starter its an A, if he flops its an F. Everything else is adjustments around this Preliminary Grade.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

This draft is easy - if Herbert is a good NFL QB - its a good draft. If he is a great NFL QB - its a great draft. But the picks

really liked the Murray Reed and Hill picks
            I understood the Herbert pick
            I will give the benefit of the doubt on the Kelly pick

I hated the kid from ND pick - Telesco must owe somebody money at that school . I know there were better prospects than that kid on the board. AT worst take a flier on a OL or DT - you always need depth there.

Comment

• Boltup90
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Maybe TT is planning for the future in a different way than we expect.

If Joey doesnt plan on resigning with us, no matter what, as some reports suggest, maybe we franchise him next year.

Package Joey - Herbert - and our first to move up for Lawrence. Use our second on a LT or Edge...

Just grasping straws here to make sense in the event that Herbert really isnt our future. Hope he is, hope he becomes a stud, but just in case.

Comment

• Disco Volante
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                This draft is easy - if Herbert is a good NFL QB - its a good draft. If he is a great NFL QB - its a great draft. But the picks

really liked the Murray Reed and Hill picks
                I understood the Herbert pick
                I will give the benefit of the doubt on the Kelly pick

I hated the kid from ND pick - Telesco must owe somebody money at that school . I know there were better prospects than that kid on the board. AT worst take a flier on a OL or DT - you always need depth there.
                I get everyones notre dame fatigue but i think people are gonna be pleasantly surprised by gilman. Agree with the people who say the draft is all about herbert. If hes good its a good draft. If he isnt its not.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The Chargers aggressively avoided drafting an OT.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    The Chargers aggressively avoided drafting an OT.
                    Only reason I can think of is Campen has told em he can coach what we got up?

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Only reason I can think of is Campen has told em he can coach what we got up?
                      That or they expect to sign Peters or somebody’s camp cut

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Longwood , FL
                        • Manager
                        • Send PM

First I’ve seen many Charger fans (everywhere) ready to jump off a cliff for not taking Simmons. I didn’t want him, we have a guy similar to him and I think Murray fits our D better than him. Now onto the Draft, I’m going to say right now B- to C+
                        Herbert- My take on him for months has been, I think he’ll be a average to good starter. So not a bust, but not worthy of #6 pick. I think Love is WAY more a boom or bust pick, but he could’ve sat behind Tyrod for a bit and traded down to get him. When Tua was gone, my preference would have been a Tackle and Draft J. Hurts in the 2nd (who think will be in the same realm of Herbert) Getting Murray helps and OBVIOUSLY I hope Herbert exceeds my thoughts on him.
                        Murray- ABSOLUTELY Love him as Player, Person and Fit A+
                        Kelley- I hope he’s productive, would’ve rather had a Developmental Tackle at this spot
                        Reed- Seems redundant from the signing of Jennings, hope he does well.
                        Gilman- see him as Special teams player, hope he perform well. Just think UDFA route you could find special team Aces
                        Hill- maybe be one of the steal of the Drafts, think he’ll be our #3 WR
                        My Grade represents my overall feeling, just ok. Love the Murray and Hill picks, as has been stated the Draft overall will Depend on Herbert‘s Performance.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

They needed a franchise QB and they drafted one.
                          Herbert is very talented. I don't think he was BPA. He is Not ready to pick apart a defense until game slows down for him.
                          B

Murray adds talent to LB group. Solid player.
                          Im not a fan of the trade up. Deep draft, think having more picks would have been the better strategy. As picks do and dont pan out for many reasons. More picks more chance to swing and get a hit. Also Telesco trade ups to get a player he really liked in the past did not work out so well. Attachou, Teo. Maybe this one will.
                          B-

Kelley-RB. Solid RB fills a need on depth chart. Not sure he was BPA.
                          C+

Reed-WR. Versatile player and a need.
                          B+

Gilman-S. If he a core special teamer. I get it. You need that unit to be strong too. TT gets his domer.
                          But, Think you can find core special teamers in udfa and not spend draft pick just for that.
                          D

WR-KJ Hill. Might be a steal. Not a speedster, but seems like a very savy slot WR that knows how to play.
                          B+
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X