• Show
Clear All
  • CivilBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    Still like JJ over Kelley.
    I agree. Skill wise JJ beats Kelley. However, durability wise it is vice versa.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Just a few years ago we had a UDFA named Ekeler that we knew very little about. Then he showed up big time in the pre-season games and now he's our #1. Maybe we have a hidden gem in camp this year?

By the way, in the past, we've had good players that had injury problems for their first couple of years but turned out to be healthy after that. I hope that's the case with JJ because he is clearly a better back than Kelley.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• equivocation
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

2021 Lindy's #1 RBs , 18ea.
        Three #1s, Eight 2nds, Three 3rds, One 5th - Jones, One 7th- Carson, 2 CFAs,. Ekeler, Robinson.
        14 from draft rounds 1-3, four later. There are always anomalies but this is a typical distribution.
        I'm okay with a second, or a 3rd, on a dominant RB. You're probably only going to get a couple years, but that's okay for a 3rd. I'd like it more if Eke has another 5 good years in him.

Mathews and Gordon did not produce enough for a mid 1st pick. Not close.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
          Just a few years ago we had a UDFA named Ekeler that we knew very little about. Then he showed up big time in the pre-season games and now he's our #1. Maybe we have a hidden gem in camp this year?

By the way, in the past, we've had good players that had injury problems for their first couple of years but turned out to be healthy after that. I hope that's the case with JJ because he is clearly a better back than Kelley.
          UDFA make it on occasion but think odds decrease each round correspondingly. Seems more of a timing and team/system fit puzzle. Elite RB prospects should be fairly obvious for a capable scouting group. Which leads me to ask who has been the scout(s) mostly charged with the RB oversight from drafting pool? If it’s not any one scout, then it’s a collective group effort which points to TT.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            Still like JJ over Kelley.
            I’m not sure we have seen Kelley. If he’s the same as last year, I’ll agree. you’d need gale fucking sayers to gain any yards behind last year’s OL - I can surmise how that shit show would make any mid-talent rookie pensive and hesitant. Especially when you’re only getting a couple carries with a show it or sit down pressure, no TC, just weird year all around.

I’ll agree we ain’t seen it yet.

edit: not to beat on that dead OL thing, but I’ve watched football for 50 yrs, I have never in my life seen so many plays where 3 or 4 OL on the same play would all be standing around dumbfounded as defenders just ran past them. Watching those fools try to pull was a clown car in slow motion.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

JJ and his skinny ass legs is the one real RB we have. Instincts. Change of direction. Vision. I studied a LOT of his tape at Northwestern, and see a world of potential.

Everyone else is either the very athletic Ekeler, or a sluggo.

If we get any dynamism from JJ, that frees up EK, and makes our offense even more dangerous.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’m not sure we have seen Kelley. If he’s the same as last year, I’ll agree. you’d need gale fucking sayers to gain any yards behind last year’s OL - I can surmise how that shit show would make any mid-talent rookie pensive and hesitant. Especially when you’re only getting a couple carries with a show it or sit down pressure, no TC, just weird year all around.

I’ll agree we ain’t seen it yet.

edit: not to beat on that dead OL thing, but I’ve watched football for 50 yrs, I have never in my life seen so many plays where 3 or 4 OL on the same play would all be standing around dumbfounded as defenders just ran past them. Watching those fools try to pull was a clown car in slow motion.
                Yep...O-linemen like good old Tevi here from a few years back...on the bright side, he DID show some improvement last year...apparently not enough to keep him...

9 tevi beat rivers hurried short comp.PNG

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

I’d be shocked if JJ gets beat out by either Kelley or Roundtree. All I'm wondering is how fast the loser between Kelley/Roundtree gets poached off the practice squad.

We’ll need a 4th guy to be available because of the high injury potential of Ekeler and Jackson. That’s the argument for keeping 4 RBs on the 53.

Id feel better with Stick on the PS than Kelley/Roundtree.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                    I’d be shocked if JJ gets beat out by either Kelley or Roundtree. All I'm wondering is how fast the loser between Kelley/Roundtree gets poached off the practice squad.

We’ll need a 4th guy to be available because of the high injury potential of Ekeler and Jackson. That’s the argument for keeping 4 RBs on the 53.

We can keep both Kelley and Roundtree if we send Nabers to PS, if he's eligible. The big question is, will Staley even use a FB much in his new offense? Would Nabers stick on the PS more than either Kelley or Roundtree? Agree that we need RB depth, especially given JJ's injury history...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I think you hit on key component “injury potential” in fact a major reason they drafted Roundtree, his durability and ability to carry a heavy work load.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I think you hit on key component “injury potential” in fact a major reason they drafted Roundtree, his durability and ability to carry a heavy work load.
                        Right.

JJ’s injury prone, but he’s too damn good not to make the team.

Not sure we keep him, even if he plays the whole year injury-free, but he deserves the chance.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

JJacks had a monster college workload all 4 years with no injury concerns. Hopefully, his NFL luck has changed.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X