Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Anyone who had a 4.0 GPA in both high school and college (and as a biology major) is someone willing to put in time to achieve something. If he fails in the NFL it won't be from lack of effort or attitude. He appears to have the drive, work ethic and a ton of physical talent to be a very good QB.
    indeed he does!
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

So salty.
      Somebody pee'd in my corn flakes.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Fleet has been tweeting up a storm.
        Good reads.
        KJ Hill and Parham give us Slot capabilities.
        Getting off early in the snap takes pressure off the Oline in a big way.
        Joe Reed has versatile playmaking skills and some deep speed.
        We've got weapons.
        These guys catch the damn ball.
        Donkeys, Raiturds and Queefs can have their track meet.

I think LVR/DEN are making a huge mistake by trying to match KC's explosion. There is never an adequate answer for Mahomes.

We will keep him off the field. Ball control. Managing the pace. See our complete array of weaponry, including now possibly Ballard, Holly, and Mr. Kelley.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Fleet has been tweeting up a storm.
          Good reads.
          KJ Hill and Parham give us Slot capabilities.
          Getting off early in the snap takes pressure off the Oline in a big way.
          Joe Reed has versatile playmaking skills and some deep speed.
          We've got weapons.
          These guys catch the damn ball.
          Donkeys, Raiturds and Queefs can have their track meet.

I think LVR/DEN are making a huge mistake by trying to match KC's explosion. There is never an adequate answer for Mahomes.

We will keep him off the field. Ball control. Managing the pace. See our complete array of weaponry, including now possibly Ballard, Holly, and Mr. Kelley.
          ^This...eat up the clock...dink and dunk with KA, Mike Will, Parham, HH and Hill...Ekkie on screens and swings...Kelley blasting between tackles...we got this...

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I actually do think we are adding some explosiveness.
            None of our WR
            is a Tyreek Hill type of player in terms of speed. But fast guys aren't the only ones who score long TD. Reed and Hill are both guys who generate some explosive plays because of their skill sets. Hill has some lightning fast cuts that leave DB in his dust. Reed is also pretty good at turning short passes into big plays, and he is the kind of guy who has the size to run through most CB tackles. Parham may not be super fast on the stop watch, but tall, long strider types can east up ground and make plays down the field.

I get why the Raiders didn't try to matchup with KC on D. They aren't close enough to having a good D to be able to fix it in a single draft. Their O is a bit closer and will show more bang for the buck.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

There's going to be tight competition at WR this year. Probably no more Inman, Davis, Scott, etc. Should be interesting.

Comment

• jubei
                Vagabond Ninja
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

as long as patton isnt on the team. it seemed as if being in a live nfl game was too big of a stage for him, imo.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
                  as long as patton isnt on the team. it seemed as if being in a live nfl game was too big of a stage for him, imo.
                  Patton is a good downfield blocker...and that’s it. It was really limiting on offense with him in as it was literally wasting a receiver on passing downs.

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Patton is a good downfield blocker...and that’s it. It was really limiting on offense with him in as it was literally wasting a receiver on passing downs.
                    it's kinda like saying "she's fugly, but she is a great conversationalist"

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

^This...eat up the clock...dink and dunk with KA, Mike Will, Parham, HH and Hill...Ekkie on screens and swings...Kelley blasting between tackles...we got this...
                      Yup. First downs are premium
                      Herbert's mobility will be helpful here
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Yup. First downs are premium
                        Herbert's mobility will be helpful here
                        Yes.
                        Chargers have defended Cheifs well.
                        let up 24 & 31 last year. But that is also with turning it over too much. Protect the rock and get 1st downs then Chargers can hold them to 17 & 24.
                        Can Chargers score 27-30. They don't need 40 to win. But 20 is too little.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Chargers WR K.J. Hill credits Brian Hartline on preparation as a pro

Gavino Borquez
                          12 hours ago

Former NFL wide receiver and current wideout coach for the Ohio State Buckeyes – Brian Hartline – has had a huge impact on the positional group as a whole since taking over in 2018. But he’s also had an influence on the success of the individuals that he’s coached.

Parris Campbell, who was drafted by the Colts in the second-round and Terry McLaurin, a third-round selection by the Redskins in the 2019 NFL Draft were just a pair of reflections of Hartline’s expertise.

This year, K.J.Hill joined the crop of receivers who attributed their progress to Hartline. After leading the team in receptions (57) and posting a career-high in touchdowns (10) in 2019, Hill was drafted by the Chargers in the seventh-round of the 2020 NFL Draft.

Known for his smooth route-running ability and ball skills, Hill finished as Ohio State’s all-time leader in receptions (201), with 2,332 receiving yards and 20 touchdowns.

In a league where getting open is an absolute must, Hill checks the boxes. Who was the one that taught him the finer details of the position? Hartline. But it was more than just that. Not only did he aide in his development as a receiver, but he helped prepare him for the next level.

“Working with Coach Hartline was the biggest thing I had going for me,” Hill said, per Ric Serritella. He taught me how to be a pro. It was not even from route running. He taught me things like accountability, being a great practice player.

He would just tell us sometimes in practice, like ‘Those things will get you cut in the league.’ So I feel like I got a jump on everybody just because he was my position coach.”

Hartline played for the Buckeyes from 2005-2008. Following his collegiate career, he played in the NFL with the Dolphins from 2009 to 2014 and the Browns in 2015 before retiring.

Now that Hill won’t have Hartline for his guidance on a daily basis, that doesn’t mean he won’t receive the proper mentorship anymore.

Keenan Allen, who Hill compares his game to, will be there to show him the ropes.

“I’m a route technician,” said Hill, adding that he used to watch tape of Allen while he was in college.

Even though he was selected in the last round, Hill has the talent and skillset to play a vital role as early as his rookie season. He has the opportunity to win the WR3 job to play alongside Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry in Year 1 and become a major contributor for years to come.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X