• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Last two games of this season or in 2022.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post
      Last two games of this season or in 2022.
      Man that's just too pessimistic for me! LOL!
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Attack
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2017
        • Send PM

Going by what Telesco said to Herbert in their phone call, that they will let Herbert grow and develop, and either asking him to be patient or they will be patient with him, I think they won't put Herbert in a game until they feel he is ready.....even if Tyrod struggles. I wouldn't mind seeing him sit the whole upcoming season, or maybe start a game or two at the end of the season. With what is going on in the world right now, I think the pressure to win will be less intense. I'd like to see Herbert learn this season. Most young QBs have a tough time their first season starting, and wouldn't be surprised if Herbert experiences growing pains in 2021. In 2022, I would expect Herbert to play well/better. And the team could select a LT high in the 2021 draft to help fortify the O line.

I preferred Tua in this draft, but he wasn't available. I'm on the Herbert train now. Let's be patient and not force him into the lineup before he's ready.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
          Going by what Telesco said to Herbert in their phone call, that they will let Herbert grow and develop, and either asking him to be patient or they will be patient with him, I think they won't put Herbert in a game until they feel he is ready.....even if Tyrod struggles. I wouldn't mind seeing him sit the whole upcoming season, or maybe start a game or two at the end of the season. With what is going on in the world right now, I think the pressure to win will be less intense. I'd like to see Herbert learn this season. Most young QBs have a tough time their first season starting, and wouldn't be surprised if Herbert experiences growing pains in 2021. In 2022, I would expect Herbert to play well/better. And the team could select a LT high in the 2021 draft to help fortify the O line.

I preferred Tua in this draft, but he wasn't available. I'm on the Herbert train now. Let's be patient and not force him into the lineup before he's ready.
          You guys are way to fragile. Herberts had to go thru a ton of shit up in Oregon and he's more saavy than people give him credit for! He's not some fragile flower that's going to wilt in the hot sun at the first sign of adversity. You have to remember that a QB's development comes twice as fast when he's playing! I'd rather watch him Bleep it up and then have the Coach give him backslaps every time he makes a good play with positive reinforcement.
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

You guys are way to fragile. Herberts had to go thru a ton of shit up in Oregon and he's more saavy than people give him credit for! He's not some fragile flower that's going to wilt in the hot sun at the first sign of adversity. You have to remember that a QB's development comes twice as fast when he's playing! I'd rather watch him Bleep it up and then have the Coach give him backslaps every time he makes a good play with positive reinforcement.
            It takes a lot of character and resiliency to take rookie lumps as a qb
            wts, I’d expect just that from any qb I draft.
            mental toughness means you get your ass handed to you year one and come back for more year two.
            Im not worried about JH being thrown in sooner rather than later.
            On one hand, our Oline isn’t perfect and might put JH at risk this season
            On the other, JH needs as many live NFL game reps at full speed to learn the speed of the game.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Herbert starts game 6.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Longwood , FL
                • Manager
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Sorry but your list has a lot of sorry ass QBs on it who got playing time, still stunk.

I don't think your list means anything. You want him to get some starts, cool. That won't hurt him imo but neither will sitting and learning.
                He will have 2 preseasons as well.
                What it means is the notion that QBs that are high draft picks sitting for a year or more, is ancient History. In the last 12 years the only 5 who’ve done completely sucked, besides Mahommes the other 4 were terrible. I’m not saying he should start Wk 1, but if he doesn’t 6-8 starts this season it’s a waste. You go into 2021 with no idea with what he’s even capable of in real game time/speed. If Tyrod has the team at 7-3/6-4 at the 10 game mark, don’t think you can bench him can you? No real game reps this season, means your almost wasting 2 seasons.

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

No one is suggesting he is fragile.

I don't know what other people are suggesting or why (exactly) but to me you can't start him because Hebert is inaccurate and he needs to get a handle on that, because he didn't play ANYWHERE near his ability. IT impacts his ability to get the ball out, and hit the throwing windows for the very limited Oregon playbook.

Comment

• AsaFLBoltfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2020
                    • Longwood , FL
                    • Manager
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                    I think & I hope that he sits all year. I understand the itchiness with him being a Top 10 pick + going into a new stadium.
                    Don't.
                    He's not ready.
                    The passing windows in the Pac-12 are like garage doors.
                    In the league they are like fast food drive through Windows.
                    Let him run the scout team for a bit & figure it out.
                    ​​​​
                    Sitting the entire year is thing of the past, is ancient (in NFL years) notion. I know Mahommes didn’t, but he’s in the small minority. I’m not saying he should definitely start WK1, but needs multiple starts to prepare for 2021.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by AsaFLBoltfan View Post

Sitting the entire year is thing of the past, is ancient (in NFL years) notion. I know Mahommes didn’t, but he’s in the small minority. I’m not saying he should definitely start WK1, but needs multiple starts to prepare for 2021.
                      It all depends on how much Herbert progresses this offseason. If he doesn't start this season, it will depend on the circumstances. Even though it's not the norm anymore, I personally don't think that it will be a waste if he doesn't play any games this upcoming season simply because there's so many mitigating factors. Maybe because we saw the good it did for Brees and Rivers.

Comment

• Attack
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Send PM

Going through adversity at Oregon helped build Herbert's strong character. The team did win a good amount of games with him, even with all the coaching changes. He's a perfectionist, and I think he described himself that way. If Herbert was put on the field before being ready and he struggled time after time- whether it's incompletions, interceptions, or losses, how would that affect him? How would that affect the team? In my experience, perfectionists have a tough time dealing with failure. But maybe Herbert is different.

The coaches know him better than we do. If they feel he's not ready yet to play this season, then I'm ok with him sitting and learning. Best case scenario for me is Herbert learning this yr, and starting at the end of this season or in 2021. Keeping things real, I don't have great expectations for 2020 anyway. Surprise the heck out of me, Bolts!

Comment

• GoDucks2020
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

I agree with this as long as Herbert is not getting beaten to a pulp by a porous OL. Let him learn from his mistakes. This kid is smart and will absorb the playbook and coaching quickly. The last thing you want to happen to him is to develop poor habits and damaging his confidence because he's running for his life.

Comment

Working...
                          X