• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

I think & I hope that he sits all year. I understand the itchiness with him being a Top 10 pick + going into a new stadium.
    Don't.
    He's not ready.
    The passing windows in the Pac-12 are like garage doors.
    In the league they are like fast food drive through Windows.
    Let him run the scout team for a bit & figure it out.
    ​​​​

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

that was a bad bad bad football team with the worst coach in NFL history. they were out of it before game 1 first q ended. Hence hand it over to Baker.
      Taylor hasn't had any major issues, but has also never made it through a season as a starter without missing at least one game because of injury. He has missed games because of 3 concussions, a knee sprain and an MCL sprain in addition to playing through a torn groin muscle. The chances are high that he misses time again this year if the left side of the oline doesn't step up a lot. He got a concussion in game 3 of the season with the Browns which is why Baker was brought in. The offense immediately started playing better and there was no point in putting Taylor back in. Don't be surprised if this exact same scenario happens here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AsaFLBoltfan View Post

Look at the above post, it’s definitely not hurting guys to get some starts under there belts? Do you think we’re a SB contender this season? I don’t, maybe WC team... but if JH can’t get 6-8 starts this season, it’s a waste to me. I don’t want him starting 2021 without real game time.
        No sense in rushing him either. If Mahomes can sit, so can Herbert. .....for a while anyways.
        It won't hurt him.

Tua probaby won't start either for a little while.

Not sure why this is an argument. Those that sat turned out fine.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Tyrod is not that good..... you will start to see that as soon as we play a team that can score more than 13 points......... Tyrod is a safe, solid backup but not a good starter..... in todays NFL, even the best most talented defenses like 49ers, gave up 30 points to Chiefs........

The rules make it nearly impossible to play defense...... there is no such thing as dominating defense anymore..... To be winners Chargers need to start scoring 30+ points per game or as close to that as possible..... scoring less than 20 points per game is what got us our losing record last year.....
          Herbie can probably run for two touchdowns alone per game. LOL!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• JOJAX85
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Irmo, SC
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

that was a bad bad bad football team with the worst coach in NFL history. they were out of it before game 1 first q ended. Hence hand it over to Baker.
            Panama, I don't know how I just saw you on this board. You've obviously been on it much longer than me, but for some reason I'm just seeing you. I've drank a lot of beer during the stay at home mandate so maybe that's it. But I also drank a lot of beer before the mandate so that could also be it. Anyways, always appreciated your input.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by AsaFLBoltfan View Post

So out of 39 guys you pulled Mahommes out? Laughable, a lot of quality guys started Day 1, secondly don’t think Herbert is Mahommes (but that’s a different conversation). I personally like the Jackson, Watson, Goff route with 6-7 starts.
              Sorry but your list has a lot of sorry ass QBs on it who got playing time, still stunk.

I don't think your list means anything. You want him to get some starts, cool. That won't hurt him imo but neither will sitting and learning.
              He will have 2 preseasons as well.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Taylor hasn't had any major issues, but has also never made it through a season as a starter without missing at least one game because of injury. He has missed games because of 3 concussions, a knee sprain and an MCL sprain in addition to playing through a torn groin muscle. The chances are high that he misses time again this year if the left side of the oline doesn't step up a lot. He got a concussion in game 3 of the season with the Browns which is why Baker was brought in. The offense immediately started playing better and there was no point in putting Taylor back in. Don't be surprised if this exact same scenario happens here.
                But would Baker have develped into a better QB in the long run if that team took their lumps and played the 3rd stringer instead?

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

In my opinion you can’t start him right away. He doesn’t have the ability to start now based on his experience in the Oregon offense. He has potential to learn how to be an nfl QB but he isn’t one now. Frankly if this was Tua I say start him because he is ready for the big show now, Herbert isn’t Tua for better or for worse.

We are in limbo for the next 2 years while Herbert learns to be an nfl QB and Taylor muddles us to some mediocre records on the back of our dominantly wasted defense.

We won’t do it but Cam is a much better win now bridge QB. I mean worst case scenario cam is horrible and you get a top ten pick instead of a 10-20 pick and beat case scenario we get a 20-32 pick and have an MVP caliber QB back for vengeance. Taylor is milk toast and mediocre, great backup but bad starter for a good team like the Chargers.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                    Outback Goon
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Australia
                    • Send PM

Rodgers sat
                    Rivers sat
                    Mahommes sat
                    Brees sat

Its obvious our #6 pick is not NFL ready. He has the talent and the smarts, but still needs to learn knowledge, the speed of the game and small details that make big impacts. If we want our #6 pick to become a great QB, then Herbert needs to sit.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Mines conditional.

If Tyrod is doing a good job then we have the luxury of Herbie sitting out the first season. If tyrod stinks up the first 8 games then I think they throw Rocket man in there for the second half of the season so he gains some experience without killing his confidence.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Panama, I don't know how I just saw you on this board. You've obviously been on it much longer than me, but for some reason I'm just seeing you. I've drank a lot of beer during the stay at home mandate so maybe that's it. But I also drank a lot of beer before the mandate so that could also be it. Anyways, always appreciated your input.
                        LOL. Yes i have been here since the beginning, and even befoe TPB existed. Last 2 years have been rough. Personal loss and some health issues.

In addition to currency trading i am leveraging contacts to source PPE during the crisis. Not a lot of time. So i tweet more than on the board.

Lucky u can have a drink. I am allowed out 2 hours 2x a week (based on last # of gobv id) and they stopped alcohol sales 5 or 6 weeks ago out of the blue with no warning. I would love an ice cold beer right now.

I will try to pop in in the weekends when i can. Great people here. Great fans. Tremendous support for each other.

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                          In my opinion you can’t start him right away. He doesn’t have the ability to start now based on his experience in the Oregon offense. He has potential to learn how to be an nfl QB but he isn’t one now. Frankly if this was Tua I say start him because he is ready for the big show now, Herbert isn’t Tua for better or for worse.

We are in limbo for the next 2 years while Herbert learns to be an nfl QB and Taylor muddles us to some mediocre records on the back of our dominantly wasted defense.

We won’t do it but Cam is a much better win now bridge QB. I mean worst case scenario cam is horrible and you get a top ten pick instead of a 10-20 pick and beat case scenario we get a 20-32 pick and have an MVP caliber QB back for vengeance. Taylor is milk toast and mediocre, great backup but bad starter for a good team like the Chargers.
                          Yeah. I was on the same view of picking up Cam for this yr too.

Comment

Working...
                          X