• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PR#1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

I found this thread on the Bills message board. Don't forget that Lynn was the HC and TT was the starting QB for the Bills.

Should this cost Anthony Lynn his job? Don't get me wrong, Tyrod seems like a great guy and he's a good QB to have on your roster, but what exactly is Lynn thinking here? They drafted Herbert 6th overall and he played lights out against the SB champs. He never looked like a kid in his first NFL a...

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Lynn is doing what is best for Lynn, not what is best for the team. He has to win this year to save his job and developing Herbert for the future won’t matter to him if he is fired.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
        I found this thread on the Bills message board. Don't forget that Lynn was the HC and TT was the starting QB for the Bills.

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/commun...od-as-starter/
        Great Thread on Buffalo Board...read the whole thread and their consensus is almost the same as ours...
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
          Lynn is doing what is best for Lynn, not what is best for the team. He has to win this year to save his job and developing Herbert for the future won’t matter to him if he is fired.
          No way...making great strides with his rookie QB would have done wonders with him staying coach next year...now he looks a bit dense in the head! :hello:

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-lyn...222831071.html -> He's a backup for a reason.

As far as the backup for a reason, that is nice coach speak, but the fact was we drafted him in the 1st round, so it is only a matter of time until he starts. The only 1st round QB who don't get to play are guys who are so, so awfully dreadfully bad that they can't get on the field at all (Jordan Love (so far) and Dan McGuire????). AL needs to realize that it is only a matter of time, even if TT plays well. TT can play better, I think he will if he starts a few more games. But he has never had a game as good as the one Herbert just had.

The only thing I can see right now is that AL is on a an assignment kick right now. He seems to be trying to get everyone to focus on assignment sound, mistake free football. So the only thing I can think is that maybe he doesn't feel Herbert doesn't know the playbook well enough and/or doesn't want to live with the rookie mistakes at QB (think Dennis Leary's character from Draft Day). Either way, while I totally get the coach not wanting to lose because of the mistakes, it's really bullshit.

The only other explanation could be that Lynn wants to push the mistake free football, play TT, come up short a lot in close games, and have another really good draft pick to add to a pretty strong roster.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Great Thread on Buffalo Board...read the whole thread and their consensus is almost the same as ours...
              Everyone on earth, with the exception of TT mother and Anthony Lynn has the same consensus.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Everyone on earth, with the exception of TT mother and Anthony Lynn has the same consensus.
                About as stealthy as this cat hiding behind this object! Everyone can see the cat except the mice!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said he didn't get word that Tyrod Taylor was unavailable for Sunday's game against the Chiefs until after the opening coin toss. His plans, and the veteran quarterback's fortunes, had been flipped by a pregame injection.

Los Angeles' QB1 was a last-minute scratch in Week 2 because he experienced complications from a pain-killer that was administered to address a rib injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported. Taylor was taken to a hospital soon after and discharged in the evening, per NFL Network's Steve Wyche. While his status for next week's game against the Panthers is not yet clear, Lynn noted after Sunday's overtime loss that Taylor would remain the Chargers' starter if he's healthy.
                  Rib injuries don’t heal quickly. So does he risk another pain shot and adverse reaction next week again?
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• BigBad
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

A quick point on THIS season, one unlike any other. THERE ARE NO FANS IN THE STANDS!!!! This is the PERFECT year to start a rookie QB. He does'nt have to deal with crowd noise affecting communication like in a normal season.

Comment

• Ceramic
                      Chargers are pathetic
                      • Sep 2020
                      • OC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post
                      A quick point on THIS season, one unlike any other. THERE ARE NO FANS IN THE STANDS!!!! This is the PERFECT year to start a rookie QB. He does'nt have to deal with crowd noise affecting communication like in a normal season.
                      It's just like any charger home game. Advantage chargers in away games, it just feels like home!

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

On the flip side of things Lynn has successfully mitigated pressure off Herbert. Not one person in the media nor fans is saying hey kid we drafted you #6 now go save this franchise. Actually if you think about it Lynn put more pressure on himself.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                          Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Palm Springs
                          • I know nothing
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                          On the flip side of things Lynn has successfully mitigated pressure off Herbert. Not one person in the media nor fans is saying hey kid we drafted you #6 now go save this franchise. Actually if you think about it Lynn put more pressure on himself.

I think I agree. Herbert starts again this week. If He struggles then Taylor can suddenly recover from his ribs and Herbert can continue to develop.

Comment

Working...
                          X