• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Bill Walsh used to tell the story about the beginnings of the West Coast offense, he had hand picked Sam Wyche (later the 49ers assitant and Bengals/Bucs HC) to be the QB for the west coast offense for the Bengals, as a way for the expansion team to be competative. Paul Brown, then drafted Greg Cook in the top of the 1st round, and he was amazing. But Bill Walsh was determined to keep going with the plan, let Cook sit for a season (or more) and he would be able to prove Wyche was a capable QB.

Paul Brown walked up to him in practice and asked him what he was doing. Cook was the better QB, and the only person (including Sam Wyche) couldn't see it was Walsh. He finally realized that Paul Brown was right, and Cook went on to have the best rookie season of all time up to that point (with a torn rotator cuff that ended his career).

The point is that Anthony Lynn is being Bill Walsh in the sense that he is being blind to the obvious. At some point, TT or one of the assistants is going to have to have a little talk with him and talk him out of it.
    I don’t know if that was the best story to use considering what happened to Cook, which you already mentioned. I don’t want Herbert’s career to end after one season! Lol

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in reading about the Ohio River Offense and Greg Cook.
      The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post

I think I agree. Herbert starts again this week. If He struggles then Taylor can suddenly recover from his ribs and Herbert can continue to develop.
        Spot on.
        Herbert plays well and we win he gets another start while Tyrod isn’t “100%”.
        Justins performs well he earns another start. When he strings together 2-4 quality starts, Tyrod becomes QB2 for the remainder of this season. Easton will then be QB2 in 2021.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Spot on.
          Justins performs well he earns another start. When he strings together 2-4 quality starts, Tyrod becomes QB2 for the remainder of this season. Easton will then be QB2 in 2021.
          I think this is spot on given what Lynn has said so far.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

On the flip side of things Lynn has successfully mitigated pressure off Herbert. Not one person in the media nor fans is saying hey kid we drafted you #6 now go save this franchise. Actually if you think about it Lynn put more pressure on himself.
            So potentially, Lynn is a genius?
            ::mind blown::
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So potentially, Lynn is a genius?
              ::mind blown::
              Do you really believe that? I am absolutely certain that if Taylor is healthy enough to start this week that he will so we can eek by a bad team and Lynn can rationalize his faith in Taylor.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Do you really believe that? I am absolutely certain that if Taylor is healthy enough to start this week that he will so we can eek by a bad team and Lynn can rationalize his faith in Taylor.
                Either that or he makes Tyrod's next shot on the sideline stronger next week so he passes out completely!

:More Q Please:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

No.
                  I think the Tyrod love is real
                  but I also think he’s having some big, big conversations with Telesco, Baby Spanos and will play ball.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

No.
                    I think the Tyrod love is real
                    but I also think he’s having some big, big conversations with Telesco, Baby Spanos and will play ball.
                    I think Herbert's athletic freakishness is starting to out weigh his rookie naivete... Tyrod will conveniently have some continuing chest complications in a few days, and maybe against an opponent like Carolina, they can confirm what they just witnessed yesterday!
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Spot on.
                      Lynn is avoiding QB controversy, I hope.

What I really like from Herbert is his self confidence.

I see someone who can start shredding.

Don't forget about his running ability...look out Lamar.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

"theres things we didnt get done with justin on the field"- Lynn

Like what?? Score more than 13 points?? Control the ball on offense for huge chunks of the game? Or is it we didnt have a stagnant offense all game? What is it lynn?

everyone know Herbert played his ass off, and in no way is that game remotely close with tyrod starting, we only beat the bengals because they shanked a field goal, lynns acting like tyrod was out there being joe montana.

I was critical on the herbert pick, and i will continue to be, leaf looked good in his first 4 games, im not gonna count my chickens before the egg hatches, but damn you can easily see herbert is more gifted and the offense actually moves the ball.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

I agree.

At the very least, he wants to show everyone that his commitment to Taylor was well founded - he's stubborn about that.
                          He also has a close relationship with Taylor and wants to give him every opportunity:
                          pulling the plug after that dud against Cincy would be a big blow to taylor.

Taylor's career as a starter will be on a very short leash.
                          Lynn will have to respond to the anxious Spanos every week, who want to eventually sell tickets and gain a foothold in the LA market.
                          Herbert is the apple of their eyes right now.

Organizational politicking will by on the menu.

Comment

Working...
                          X