X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Herbert is our starter. Lynn needs to accept it. He plays better now and will be better next year after starting all this year.
    I completely agree with this, but just listened to Lynn's presser today.

Sadly, Lynn really seems 1000% out of touch with reality. Among the things Lynn said included his restatement that Taylor would play if he is healthy, including a statement that he believes that Taylor gives the team its best chance to win, which means that two people believe that--Lynn and Tyrod's mother, though I think Tyrod's mother may be on the fence after yesterday.

Lynn said that there are things we do not know and that he did not want to put Herbert in until he was ready. Lynn seemed to completely discount Herbert's performance yesterday saying that, "last time he checked, we didn't win the damn game."

When asked about whether or not he had sensed any concern from Tyrod about whether Tyrod was feeling any deja vu based upon what happened to Tyrod in Cleveland with Mayfield taking his job, Lynn responded by pointing out that the Mayfield led Browns did not win very many games (as if the Browns had made a mistake playing Mayfield over Taylor).

He then pointed Mahomes to justify a player sitting for a season (ignoring, of course, that Smith had beaten out Mahomes and was the #1 rated passer in the league the year that Mahomes sat on the bench, which is just slightly different than the quality we are getting from Taylor).

In my view, if Lynn plays Taylor at any time this year over a healthy Herbert, then Lynn should be fired immediately as he is not making objective, rational decisions about his players, clearly extending unwarranted favoritism toward certain players The QB comparison is not close and Lynn has such a soft spot for Taylor that he just will not accept the reality.

Comment

• LazyLightning
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I completely agree with this, but just listened to Lynn's presser today.

Sadly, Lynn really seems 1000% out of touch with reality. Among the things Lynn said included his restatement that Taylor would play if he is healthy, including a statement that he believes that Taylor gives the team its best chance to win, which means that two people believe that--Lynn and Tyrod's mother, though I think Tyrod's mother may be on the fence after yesterday.

Lynn said that there are things we do not know and that he did not want to put Herbert in until he was ready. Lynn seemed to completely discount Herbert's performance yesterday saying that, "last time he checked, we didn't win the damn game."

When asked about whether or not he had sensed any concern from Tyrod about whether Tyrod was feeling any deja vu based upon what happened to Tyrod in Cleveland with Mayfield taking his job, Lynn responded by pointing out that the Mayfield led Browns did not win very many games (as if the Browns had made a mistake playing Mayfield over Taylor).

He then pointed Mahomes to justify a player sitting for a season (ignoring, of course, that Smith had beaten out Mahomes and was the #1 rated passer in the league the year that Mahomes sat on the bench).

In my view, if Lynn plays Taylor at any time this year over a healthy Herbert, then Lynn should be fired immediately as he is not making objective, rational decisions about his players, clearly extending unwarranted favoritism toward certain players The QB comparison is not close and Lynn has such a soft spot for Taylor that he just will not accept the reality.

My take is Lynn doesn't want to place a crown on Herbert after one game. He wants Herbert to keep pushing to earn the spot.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by LazyLightning View Post

My take is Lynn doesn't want to place a crown on Herbert after one game. He wants Herbert to keep pushing to earn the spot.
        DING! DING! DING!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

I'm not worried about any of this. If he wants to start Tyrod, let him. Either Tyrod will step it up, and keep his job, which will go over well in the locker room...or he will be flat, so that not only will Herbert have won the job, but Tyrod will have lost it. No controversy...also will go over well in the locker room.

If Tyrod comes out flat against Carolina, and Lynn sticks with him...then I will question his judgement, motives, and possible agenda.

I think Tyrod, for what it's worth, will come out flat, maybe even lose, and Herbert will be in the driver seat going forward, no controversy...best possible scenario, IMO.

But as long as Tyrod is winning, let him go...the kid still needs work, we all saw that...wouldn't hurt if he sits back and continues to learn a bit more as long as Tyrod is making plays.

Whatever happens, I think we might have our QB of the future, folks...that was a very promising debut.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            I'm not worried about any of this. If he wants to start Tyrod, let him. Either Tyrod will step it up, and keep his job, which will go over well in the locker room...or he will be flat, so that not only will Herbert have won the job, but Tyrod will have lost it. No controversy...also will go over well in the locker room.

If Tyrod comes out flat against Carolina, and Lynn sticks with him...then I will question his judgement, motives, and possible agenda.

I think Tyrod, for what it's worth, will come out flat, maybe even lose, and Herbert will be in the driver seat going forward, no controversy...best possible scenario, IMO.

But as long as Tyrod is winning, let him go...the kid still needs work, we all saw that...wouldn't hurt if he sits back and continues to learn a bit more as long as Tyrod is making plays.

Whatever happens, I think we might have our QB of the future, folks...that was a very promising debut.
            Very well said sir!

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

This crap about a single turnover is nothing more than double speak...I've seen so many games where hall of fame QB's threw 3 picks in a game only to come back and win it! Whatever plan Lynne had it's time to revise it before he looks stupid!

:2cents:
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• PR#1
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Unfortunately none of us have a say in the matter.

This is Hue Jackson, TT, and Baker Mayfield all over again.

Jackson had to be fired for Mayfield to start

Comment

• Originally posted by LazyLightning View Post

Herbert has earned the spot by superior play. He did better than Taylor did and against a better team. He has better tools that Taylor has and the diference in performance should only widen with more in game repetitions for Herbert.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post
                    Unfortunately none of us have a say in the matter.

This is Hue Jackson, TT, and Baker Mayfield all over again.

Jackson had to be fired for Mayfield to start
                    Making any reference to us and the brownies is not a wise comparison.
                    How has it worked out for the tolietbowls and that Baker shit sandwich?
                    Hue is a fool but Lynn drives us to WIN! No comparison.
                    Herbert is far more physically talented/gifted, has an 8” howitzer vs Baker’s M-16, but doesn’t have the TV commercial chops as of yet.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Making any reference to us and the brownies is not a wise comparison.
                      How has it worked out for the tolietbowls and that Baker shit sandwich?
                      Hue is a fool but Lynn drives us to WIN! No comparison.
                      Herbert is far more physically talented/gifted, has an 8” howitzer vs Baker’s M-16, but doesn’t have the TV commercial chops as of yet.
                      Baker put up 35 points against the Bungles and we did 16 with Tyrod and almost lost the game! Disparaging an improving Browns team is not good for your credibility! :whistlin:

Comment

• Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

1. We are not going to keep winning with Tyrod. We barely snuck away with a victory against the lowly Bengals with Tyrod at QB. With Herbert, we very nearly beat the Super Bowl champs.

2. Every game we do not play Herbert, we delay his development.

3. We have a good chance to be a playoff team this year with Herbert. This season just got a whole lot more exciting after yesterday. That one extra game that we let Tyrod screw up so we can make a clean break from him could very well be the game that keeps us out of the playoffs.

4. Lynn will not recognize Taylor's garbage ball as screwing up because there will not be tons of INTs, just tons of positive plays not made that Herbert would have made. Lynn seems to have no understanding of this concept. He only seems to understand/value avoiding negative plays, not producing positive ones. He does not get that if Taylor had played yesterday, we would have lost by 20+ points because all of that possession we had would not have been there with the one, two, three kick offense led by Taylor.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

1. We are not going to keep winning with Tyrod. We barely snuck away with a victory against the lowly Bengals with Tyrod at QB. With Herbert, we very nearly beat the Super Bowl champs.

2. Every game we do not play Herbert, we delay his development.

3. We have a good chance to be a playoff team this year with Herbert. This season just got a whole lot more exciting after yesterday. That one extra game that we let Tyrod screw up so we can make a clean break from him could very well be the game that keeps us out of the playoffs.

4. Lynn will not recognize Taylor's garbage ball as screwing up because there will not be tons of INTs, just tons of positive plays not made that Herbert would have made. Lynn seems to have no understanding of this concept. He only seems to understand/value avoiding negative plays, not producing positive ones. He does not get that if Taylor had played yesterday, we would have lost by 20+ points because all of that possession we had would not have been there with the one, two, three kick offense led by Taylor.
                          POTD.... :coffee:

Comment

Working...
                          X