Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    excited bring it GIF

We're all excited to see Herbert get his next start.
    I Started getting hypnotized watching the squirrel tail go like that! Be careful out there people! :drool:
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

5 points for making this a Rivers issue.
      at least you're living up to your name.
      But it is a bit odd! Rivers started every game since 2006; he finally leaves, and your next qb lasts 1 game.

I remember Norv's curse when removed: Chargers won't sniff the playoffs for a generation.

Did Rivers hex us upon departure?

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Tijuana
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
        Did Rivers hex us upon departure?
        I don't consider it a hex when you switch a career backup QB for a first round future franchise QB

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I Started getting hypnotized watching the squirrel tail go like that! Be careful out there people! :drool:
          If only he/she had a Bolt shirt to pull up to accentuate the pelvic movement.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

I noticed #54 on the Chiefs Herbert cleaned his clock and he clearly was KOed for a second yet I still seen him in the game till the end trying to land dirty hits on our running backs. Is there no more concussion protocol?

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Herbert starts the rest of the season. The Bolts win at least 8 more games to get a playoff berth. You go into the post-season with Herbert having the experience of starting 15 games. That is a much more appealing scenario than going into the post season with Taylor at QB and an inexperienced Herbert on the bench.

Does anyone doubt the Chargers can win at least 8 of their remaining 14 games with Herbert at QB? With 7 playoff spots, 9 wins is going to get you into the post-season. There is a good chance it will only take 8 wins to get the No. 7 seed. Win these games: Panthers, Jets, @Dolphins, Jaguars, Broncos, @Broncos, Raiders, Falcons and win just one of these games: @Saints, @Bucs, @Raiders, @Bills, Patriots, @Chiefs. That is 9 wins.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                I noticed #54 on the Chiefs Herbert cleaned his clock and he clearly was KOed for a second yet I still seen him in the game till the end trying to land dirty hits on our running backs. Is there no more concussion protocol?
                I thought there was a late hit on Herbert on his touchdown run. The Chiefs defender (I don't know who it was) knocked Herbert down a yard or two into the end zone. It looked a cheap shot to me. If you are a defender standing in the end zone you don't have a legitimate play on a ball carrier who already has possession of the ball. Once he crosses that line it's a TD, play over. You don't have the right to knock the ball carrier down even if it's a yard into the end zone.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I thought there was a late hit on Herbert on his touchdown run. The Chiefs defender (I don't know who it was) knocked Herbert down a yard or two into the end zone. It looked a cheap shot to me. If you are a defender standing in the end zone you don't have a legitimate play on a ball carrier who already has possession of the ball. Once he crosses that line it's a TD, play over. You don't have the right to knock the ball carrier down even if it's a yard into the end zone.
                  ya i noticed that also on replay
                  protecting qbs my arse.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                    Herbert starts the rest of the season. The Bolts win at least 8 more games to get a playoff berth. You go into the post-season with Herbert having the experience of starting 15 games. That is a much more appealing scenario than going into the post season with Taylor at QB and an inexperienced Herbert on the bench.

Does anyone doubt the Chargers can win at least 8 of their remaining 14 games with Herbert at QB? With 7 playoff spots, 9 wins is going to get you into the post-season. There is a good chance it will only take 8 wins to get the No. 7 seed. Win these games: Panthers, Jets, @Dolphins, Jaguars, Broncos, @Broncos, Raiders, Falcons and win just one of these games: @Saints, @Bucs, @Raiders, @Bills, Patriots, @Chiefs. That is 9 wins.

absolutely.
                    between Tyrod being hurt
                    pressure on Lynn from upper management
                    pressure from the locker room and assistant coaches
                    we will not see Tyrod start for us the rest of the season unless Herbert stinks it up
                    in which case we have a bigger problem
                    I told my Raven buddy that I won't complain if we lose our first playoff game so long as we get into the playoff
                    the experience is invaluable
                    all our attention should be big picture now
                    Herbert's window with Bosa/James on the other side for a few years
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

absolutely.
                      between Tyrod being hurt
                      pressure on Lynn from upper management
                      pressure from the locker room and assistant coaches
                      we will not see Tyrod start for us the rest of the season unless Herbert stinks it up
                      in which case we have a bigger problem
                      I told my Raven buddy that I won't complain if we lose our first playoff game so long as we get into the playoff
                      the experience is invaluable
                      all our attention should be big picture now
                      Herbert's window with Bosa/James on the other side for a few years
                      Yes, this has been my mantra as well. This team is built to win now, with players like Bosa and while we still have Ingram, and on offense players like KA, MW, HH and Ekeler. It's a shame we don't have James, or Tranquil, true, but the defense is still good enough to make this an elite team. The franchise just made a major investment in Bosa and KA. Let's not waste them. We have a dominant DL for the first time in forever with the addition of Jospeh and the emergence of Tillery. These windows close quickly.

Just one more stat:

Tyrod Taylor: 47 starts, 1 300-yard game.

Justin Herbert: 1 start, 1 300-yard game.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                        I made mention of this during the game thread.
                        That dude was 100% in cloud cuckoo land after he got to his feet.
                        No way in HELL he should have been allowed back in the game.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Even Rich Eisen is on the Bandwagon....Can't believe what Lynne said about Justin....seems like Lynne has a problem with untamed cocky gunslingers taking over his program....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X