• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Yes, this has been my mantra as well. This team is built to win now, with players like Bosa and while we still have Ingram, and on offense players like KA, MW, HH and Ekeler. It's a shame we don't have James, or Tranquil, true, but the defense is still good enough to make this an elite team. The franchise just made a major investment in Bosa and KA. Let's not waste them. We have a dominant DL for the first time in forever with the addition of Jospeh and the emergence of Tillery. These windows close quickly.

Just one more stat:

Tyrod Taylor: 47 starts, 1 300-yard game.

Justin Herbert: 1 start, 1 300-yard game

I'm not sure if that 300 yard figure is paramount to winning.
    We had a guy here for, what, 16 years that threw for a boat load of yards yet never won anything.
    I'll take W's over big passing numbers.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Even Rich Eisen is on the Bandwagon....Can't believe what Lynne said about Justin....seems like Lynne has a problem with untamed cocky gunslingers taking over his program....

I can believe Lynn’s comments even more now after what happened with Tyrod. Adds so much more context.

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

I'm not sure if that 300 yard figure is paramount to winning.
        We had a guy here for, what, 16 years that threw for a boat load of yards yet never won anything.
        I'll take W's over big passing numbers.
        Your missing the point! The upside is just to huge for Justin. Yes, it's only one benchmark but who he did it against and the circumstances are huge!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Your missing the point! The upside is just to huge for Justin. Yes, it's only one benchmark but who he did it against and the circumstances are huge!
          I agree! Justin played really well. And I agree that he should be our starter going forward. AL is looking bad with with his comments.
          It's just that we as Charger fans got duped into thinking that big passing numbers should have meant better outcomes. And that is NOT the case.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

I agree! Justin played really well. And I agree that he should be our starter going forward. AL is looking bad with with his comments.
            It's just that we as Charger fans got duped into thinking that big passing numbers should have meant better outcomes. And that is NOT the case.
            A good percentage of River's big yardage games comes after we're down and coming back in semi- garbage time (flinging it wildly down field to catch up) . This is 311 yards contested through out the entire game!
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• WindsorUK
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Windsor, U.K.
              • Send PM

I thought our O looked more balanced than I've seen it in almost 12 years( i.e since LT left)
              You are correct in that all those yards were part of a solid offensive attack that should have led us to victory.
              I'm looking forward to see what JH can do with a weeks worth of reps with the first team.
              This kid might actually give us a chance to win.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Not sure why Lynn looks bad with his comments given what happened today. Some of us saw it even though we didn’t realize the extent of the injury.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Even Rich Eisen is on the Bandwagon....Can't believe what Lynne said about Justin....seems like Lynne has a problem with untamed cocky gunslingers taking over his program....

Also I guess you can somewhat make the argument that Rivers is a cocky gunslinger but Herbert? Nah to that.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Not sure why Lynn looks bad with his comments given what happened today. Some of us saw it even though we didn’t realize the extent of the injury.
                    Ya I don’t have a problem with anything Lynn said
                    frankly I’m more disappointed that he felt the need to say anything
                    “We will evaluate our players and start whoever gives us the best chance to win on Sunday”
                    and move the hell on

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I thought there was a late hit on Herbert on his touchdown run. The Chiefs defender (I don't know who it was) knocked Herbert down a yard or two into the end zone. It looked a cheap shot to me. If you are a defender standing in the end zone you don't have a legitimate play on a ball carrier who already has possession of the ball. Once he crosses that line it's a TD, play over. You don't have the right to knock the ball carrier down even if it's a yard into the end zone.
                      I thought so too but no flag. It was #51
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Yes, this has been my mantra as well. This team is built to win now, with players like Bosa and while we still have Ingram, and on offense players like KA, MW, HH and Ekeler. It's a shame we don't have James, or Tranquil, true, but the defense is still good enough to make this an elite team. The franchise just made a major investment in Bosa and KA. Let's not waste them. We have a dominant DL for the first time in forever with the addition of Jospeh and the emergence of Tillery. These windows close quickly.

Just one more stat:

Tyrod Taylor: 47 starts, 1 300-yard game.

Justin Herbert: 1 start, 1 300-yard game.

Lynn would say they are tied then.:uplol:
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ya I don’t have a problem with anything Lynn said
                          frankly I’m more disappointed that he felt the need to say anything
                          “We will evaluate our players and start whoever gives us the best chance to win on Sunday”
                          and move the hell on
                          Part of it may be to not let Herbert get too high off of his first start. The other part may have legal ramifications.

Comment

Working...
                          X