• Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Its sad when you think of what will happen to the non-believers, as Jesus said, they are the ones that need him, not those that already believe.

Millions of people still wrongly believe they will go to heaven simply because they are "nice guys". I know, because I was one of them before I became born again.
    With all my respect, Roo,
    I think millions of people still wrongly believe they go to heaven simply because they are believers.
    Last edited by Maniaque 6; 07-21-2022, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

With all my respect, Roo,
      I think millions of people still wrongly believe they go to heaven simply because they are believers.
      We could have quite a discussion about that but I don't think Fleet would appreciate us turning this thread into a bible study.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

We could have quite a discussion about that but I don't think Fleet would appreciate us turning this thread into a bible study.
        This thread is your forum, Roo.
        Not speaking for Fleet but I'm quite happy to have you say whatever you want within this thread.
        :beer:

Comment

• Caslon
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Send PM

There’s an awesome order to this universe. Fathom that.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

God does many good things for people and they don't give thanks or acknowledge him. Might this be the same if the Chargers go the Super Bowl? All good things come from above, from God. Will there be any praise on this forum for God/Jesus if the Chargers go to a Super Bowl?

Regarding the fate thing, people don't mind when you tell them about the goodness of God/Christ. When it comes to the severity of God, that tends to be hard for many people to handle.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Your thread man. I will allow whatever it is you choose to discuss since you have a terminal illness. These types of threads....while i hope they are few and far between....are here for the member who needs to open up about whatever they want.

You however are making the case for me to unstick this thread. lol Just wondering if you are no longer terminal because you know...MOJO!!!!

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Your thread man. I will allow whatever it is you choose to discuss since you have a terminal illness. These types of threads....while i hope they are few and far between....are here for the member who needs to open up about whatever they want.

You however are making the case for me to unstick this thread. lol Just wondering if you are no longer terminal because you know...MOJO!!!!
                Hey, I've witnessed examples of people who were in hospice stabilizing, and being removed from hospice care.

That, of course, is my prayer for Roo. Well, among OTHER prayers.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

BTW...

Awesome "coincidence" experience over the last weekend:

I was tipped off to a rescue kitten adoption event that took place last Saturday.

Well, I'm a cat guy. Already have four. But I lost a fifth cat last Fall, at only 2 years of age, obviously well before her time.

Since then, I've become ready to add a fifth cat, and when I went to the adoption event, I found the perfect kitten for me.

He's a black-and-white tuxedo cat. Best of all, he's a polydactyl-- he has three extra toes on each front foot, and one extra toe on each of his back feet.

I adopted a cat in 1989 who was a polydactyl. She lasted 16 years, and-- like our friend Felix-- was a wonderful cat. So finding a polydactyl was, for me, a heartwarming surprise.

But the awesome coincidence part? The rescue agency gives names to each of the kittens, and the one I got was named 'Rue'.

Why someone assigned a female name to a male cat... I still haven't figured out. But, this was a kitten who's name, phonetically, was 'Roo'.

How could I *not* adopt THAT cat? Pretty much seemed like a signal from the Universe, to me.

I mentioned to the kitten adoption volunteer that the polydactyl I once had was named 'Sally'. She looked at me a bit funny, and said, "*My* name is Sally. And the woman you'll be talking with on the phone to finalize the adoption? Her name is Sally, too."

So how could I not name this cat accordingly?

And I think Roo will approve. The name I chose for my new cat son is "Salvador".

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I've been busy and traveling a bunch the last couple months, so I hadn't logged on in over a month, if not two months. I figured that I would find that Roo had sinced passed...very pleased to see not only is he still alive but sounds like he's doing pretty well. I remember when he it didn't look like he'd make it to the draft. We're 49 days from opening day against the Raiders...

Glad you're hanging in and doing well Roo.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I have prayed for you, and I am not one for much prayer, I always feel like I’m asking for something and I don’t feel worthy to ask for anything.

Thanks dmac, I do appreciate the prayers. You don't feel worthy? Before I was called by God to become a born-again Christian, I was your typical Marine, bad language, many waisted nights in bars, fist fights, - not a good guy much of the time. Which of the Apostles had done something to be called by Jesus?

Don't sell yourself short dmac, God could use you!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

God Bless you, Roo. The Lord sees a greater purpose in keeping you here with us for this season than bringing you home now. He knows more than I ever will, I won’t question. He wants you here for Chargers 2022. I believe your faith and the prospects of Chargers 2022 have intertwined in a divine way. I have prayed for you, and I am not one for much prayer, I always feel like I’m asking for something and I don’t feel worthy to ask for anything.

(I’m also not guaranteeing a SB win, but … i am guaranteeing it, for you !)

Thank you so much, Fleet, for allowing this thread to violate the norms of modern civil topic avoidance. Its beautiful, and I feel even non-believers feel the love and harmony in this thread and havre no insult or objection to our focus of holy love upon Roo. I don’t think they should - its part of the coexist bummer sticker after all . Our inability to share feelings and beliefs without insulting others who think differently is the great sorrow of our age; it paradoxically brings no harmony or happiness to anyone. God bless you too, good sir.
                        We are blessed. Being alive today is a blessing.
                        Trying to be better to and for yourself and others is a simple form of respect & thanks.
                        A 40 yo neighbor hung himself @ 10 days ago. We spoke occasionally and I didn't see his pain.
                        It was not my fault but we all lost. Reflecting on this harsh lesson : respect your gift. Love you brother.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Speaking of blessing, I want to share my bit of good news...
                          about 3 months ago my niece was diagnosed with Leukemia.
                          treatment has been rigorous, and she's been in an isolation bubble at home, figuratively. No visitors, no going outside.
                          Today we received news that her numbers are good enough to spend the next 2 weeks outside, just not around too many people.
                          treatment will resume afterward for at least a year but this is so hopeful for me.
                          She is 15 and hoping she turns 90 someday.
                          taking her to San Clemente next weekend to buy her a bucket of muscles she loves, it'll be a day after my birthday and hands down the best bday gift ever.
                          Thanks for all prayers and good wishes undoubtedly thrown our way guys.
                          G-Ro knows.

Comment

Working...
                          X