• Show
Clear All
  • pacstud
    Black Belt Poster
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Ill probably lock this thread soon. Maybe force you to talk football. lol
    Check my posts. I'll drop knowledge. Gotta hold out, don't want you thinking less of me.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by pacstud View Post

Check my posts. I'll drop knowledge. Gotta hold out, don't want you thinking less of me.
      Its just my vision for the forum in general. Ill keep these threads up because i tend to think in some way its therapeutic for you guys to hash these issues out. None of it is from my guys though. lol

So i sit here and watch the back and forth from banned CMB guys and long term CMB guys and i dont know how to feel about it. Im a really peaceful guy. But i didnt used to be. I live my life really pretty drama free these days.

My thing here with this forum is to be a place where we can get better. Better understanding of the game. Better understanding of this team. Good in depth discussions of X's and O's. Skillets. Player breakdowns. Thats what motivates me. We have a lot of guys who have a clue. And its good to add more of you guys who have a clue.

Good to see you buddy. You are welcome here anytime.

Comment

• Dog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2014
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Welcome brother.
        Thanks brother.

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Formerly SuperBolts10 checking in. I think I'm already liking TPB way more than the CMB. Fleet rocks! The page number buttons work! I didn't have to wait 6 months to get my account approved for use. Definitely an upgrade! Looking forward to the draft.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Fuck Yeah Tol. Love having you dude. Aloha

Comment

• shruggy
              shruggy was here
              • Dec 2018
              • Send PM

I never did write my so long and farewell speech on the CMB, like a lot of others did. I didn't think there was much to say on my end, other than "see you on the other side!" So, I might as well post it on the Love Fest we've got going on here.

I wish I was on the CMB longer than I was, because there was/is some high character guys and girls posting on that forum. But I think I surveyed enough of the landscape, and long enough, to feel like I captured its essence. I appreciated the PMs from various peeps to let me know that "hey, you'll probably get a verbal warning for your use of "[insert semi-bad word here]; one way around it is to write [this] instead." 21&500 was my very first PM, when he messaged me a welcome aboard, and said drinks were on me if the Chargers won a Super Bowl. Or something like that.

I was an ex-pat from the SDUT forums. I was there for, I wanna say, 15 years? If I could log back on, I could actually check. (More on that in a bit.) Funny enough, I recognized some ex-SDUT members on the CMB (glutton4bolts, spaniard, sdcharger, beachcomber, Chargeroo, and sonorajim, to name a few...I think Totally Bolted was originally from the SDUT too.). And I recognize some others on here (BoltJolt and beachcomber). And I think I've seen g4b on here, as well.

I believe the SDUT forum suffered the same fate as the TPB, when after the team's move to L.A., it became a clusterfuck of team-bashing and bad vibes. A lot of people left. Some ex-fans lingered around to spew hate on the team and those who rooted for them. I stayed on despite all of that because, really, it takes a lot to get me to budge.

But I eventually budged. lol

WARNING: This next paragraph is boring. You've been warned.

But the reason for that was their forum software is really bad. Many users have problems logging into the forum (not sure if it's their vBulletin version that they use). It won't recognize your password a lot of times, and if locks you out after one bad try (sometimes...and that's when i'm pretty sure I've typed my simple password correctly). If you've been logged on, and then inactive for about 15 minutes, you have to go back and log on and again. And pray that you're IN. Otherwise, it's just back to creepy lurker mode. That's when I made the conscious decision to explore any other forum i could come across.

Anyway, I remembered the CMB existed, and I believe I actually had signed up years before I became active on that forum. (I probably first signed up with my SDUT handle, which is not the same as this one). I've been there for a little over 2 years now, and I don't have any complaints. It's like moving to a new country and trying to grow accustomed to your surroundings. There are things you like, and things you don't. But for the most part, I liked the vibe and interaction that went on there.

I like it here, too. (Hence, why I'm posting this.) I came across it on Twitter and with Fleet's open invite on the CMB.

I'm making the decision to split my time between this board and the (new) CMB. It's probably going to be a mood thing, or if I feel like I've neglected one of my girlfriends long enough, I'll come back to the roost.

Looking forward to seeing you all in the huge post-Super Bowl party once the Chargers win the damn thing.
              Last edited by shruggy; 03-13-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• shruggy
                shruggy was here
                • Dec 2018
                • Send PM

p.s. I thought one could use GIFs in their avatar. (Saw it on someone else's.) Might is... stuck.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Thanks for sharing that Shruggy. I paused my movie to read it. Good stuff. Welcome to the Blues. I know you have been around but ill make this a more formal Welcome after you took the time to create that post.

Ad far is GIFs im not sure. I did see Tol with a working one. Rich has one. I wonder if it has to do with the site hosting the gif.

Tol and richpjr

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

I tried many times to get the avatar GIF to work.

Note: The maximum size of your profile picture image is 250 by 250. If your picture (or crop area) is larger, it will be resized to the allowed dimensions.
                    I think a GIF image has to be 100 pixels wide or smaller. No GIF image wider than 100 worked for me. Also I did direct link over upload, not sure if that helps too. Here is a free GIF resize site: http://picasion.com/resize-gif/
                    Last edited by Tol; 03-13-2019, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

I tried to do it for him. Im struggling with it. lol

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Jesus there is nothing easy about Vbulletin. But i got it for you shruggy

Comment

• Tol
                          From Accounting
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Carlsbad
                          • Send PM

Try this: direct link

Comment

Working...
                          X