• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bartman83642
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Also a good by to David Lander. Best known as Squiggy on Laverne and Shirley.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      R.I.P. Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret), 97. The ultimate pilot...First man to break the sound barrier, and definitely had the Right Stuff.

He entered service as a private, and with outstanding eyesight and aptitude, he was accepted to pilot training. He also score an "Ace in a Day" and had 11.5 confirmed victories in WWII. After WWII he became a test pilot and broke the sound barrier on X-1 in 1947. He also commanded squadrons in the Vietnam War, and retired as a one-star General after over 30 yrs of flying service. His last official USAF flight was in 2000 on a recall to active duty, but he also broke the speed barrier again as a co-pilot in an F-15, on the 65th anniversary of his first time through.

I wonder if Fleet ever met him!

Legend. Never personally. But i do believe he spoke on behalf of the SD Foundation and Fleet Legacy Fund at least once. Giving college scholarships to at risk youth through the Aerospace Museum.

Dude had major balls. RIP

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        R.I.P. Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret), 97. The ultimate pilot...First man to break the sound barrier, and definitely had the Right Stuff.

He entered service as a private, and with outstanding eyesight and aptitude, he was accepted to pilot training. He also score an "Ace in a Day" and had 11.5 confirmed victories in WWII. After WWII he became a test pilot and broke the sound barrier on X-1 in 1947. He also commanded squadrons in the Vietnam War, and retired as a one-star General after over 30 yrs of flying service. His last official USAF flight was in 2000 on a recall to active duty, but he also broke the speed barrier again as a co-pilot in an F-15, on the 65th anniversary of his first time through.

I wonder if Fleet ever met him!

One of my idols growing up.
        Great life lived!
        Hero and Patriot!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

R.I.P. Pro Football Hall of Famer Kevin Greene, 58. Played for the Rams, Steelers, Panthers and 49ers, and coached after retiring from playing. No cause of death disclosed, but way way too young.

Greene, who was 58, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2016 after starring as a pass rusher over a 15-year NFL career.

The road to Canton started when Greene walked onto the Auburn football team and was drafted by the Rams in the fifth round of the 1985 draft. He had seven sacks in his second season, became a starter in his fourth season, and went on to compile 72.5 sacks while playing for the team through the 1992 season.

Greene signed with the Steelers as a free agent and led the league in sacks during the 1994 season. He moved on to Carolina in 1996 and led the league in sacks again while being named the NFL’s defensive player of the year, but was released after a contract dispute. Greene signed with the 49ers, posted 10.5 sacks, and then returned to Carolina for the final two years of his career.

Greene is third all-time with 160 career sacks. He was a three-time All-Pro and a member of the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 1990s. He would win a Super Bowl ring as an outside linebackers coach with the Packers and also coached with the Jets.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I was at the 1995 Indianapolis 500 in Turn Four, and a squadron of B-52 bombers flew low overhead over the track, with Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret), flying lead of the bombers squadron.

RIP, Brigadier General Chuck Yeager, USAF (Ret)

Comment

• bartman83642
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Good bye to Mary Ann, or in real life Dawn Wells.

a image that should work:

Last edited by bartman83642; 12-30-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

R.I.P "Mary Ann" . Tina Louise or "Ginger" is now the sole survivor of the cast.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

R.I.P. Floyd Little

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

R.I.P. Tanya Roberts, 65. Former 'Bond Girl" ("A View to a Kill"), "Charlie's Angels" and "That '70s Show.", of complications due to a urinary tract infection. I heard she passed but there were conflicting reports, and confirmed today.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

R.I.P Tommy Lasorda, 95. I am not a Dodger fan, but there are players and managers that I highly respect. Tommy Lasagna is one of them.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

waaay too many legendary rockers snuffed out in 2020. Glad I kept all my 70s and 80s vinyl and cassettes.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• bartman83642
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

And an all time legend is now gone. Rest in Peace Hank Aaron.

Hank Aaron, who endured racist death threats while chasing down and breaking Babe Ruth’s all-time home run record, and still considered by many to be baseball’s legitimate long ball king, died Frid…

One of my very earliest sports memories was him breaking the all time HR record.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍