• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not sure if Cosmi is a reach but I like the pick of OT.
    That’s what the thought process has to be. We are getting a quality OLT in the first. Don’t let greed get the best of you.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s what the thought process has to be. We are getting a quality OLT in the first. Don’t let greed get the best of you.
      One thing I have noticed - and maybe its more prevalent in the NBA but I have seen it in the NFL - and this is just a theory - the more mocks there are because of the internet, players might get slotted by "mockers" either higher or lower than those in the NFL (or NBA) personnel departments. The more the mocks aren't correct. So Fairley from VaTech might be mocked pretty high by bloggers , Kiper McShay etc but in the actual NFL - he is slotted lower or vice versa. Another thing - style of play by a team and need for a team also play into it. Do bloggers really know the style of play and depth of every teams

So just because 10, 15 20 mocks might have Cosmi at 10-12; the NFL and most of the teams might have him at 7-9 and a few teams even higher (or lower)

So you make the pick and if he legitimately makes it to a second contract in the NFL (Jakke Conklin is a good example though he left the Tians - the 8th pick and has been a solid Pro_ - it was probably a good pick. If the Chargers pick a guy like COsmi at 5 - I get the pick 100%!!

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

eye understand the thought process, and.... don't forget some hog wild OT proponent went Simmons on us last go 'round....

as not overly convinced Telesco will go OT.... he could go Penei/Slater if he thought/felt he could pencil them in @guard for starters, and w/the possibility they move to tackle if his fellas don't pan out @tackle, as he is invested thrice over @the OT w/Pips, Sam and Bryan.

think OG and the OC are (much) more pressing than OT atm, as wouldn't be surprised if Tom rode things out @tackle for another season, and let the Pips contract play out one more year, and not to mention Bulaga would be pricey to let go this offseason as well ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

One thing I have noticed - and maybe its more prevalent in the NBA but I have seen it in the NFL - and this is just a theory - the more mocks there are because of the internet, players might get slotted by "mockers" either higher or lower than those in the NFL (or NBA) personnel departments. The more the mocks aren't correct. So Fairley from VaTech might be mocked pretty high by bloggers , Kiper McShay etc but in the actual NFL - he is slotted lower or vice versa. Another thing - style of play by a team and need for a team also play into it. Do bloggers really know the style of play and depth of every teams

So just because 10, 15 20 mocks might have Cosmi at 10-12; the NFL and most of the teams might have him at 7-9 and a few teams even higher (or lower)

So you make the pick and if he legitimately makes it to a second contract in the NFL (Jakke Conklin is a good example though he left the Tians - the 8th pick and has been a solid Pro_ - it was probably a good pick. If the Chargers pick a guy like COsmi at 5 - I get the pick 100%!!
          careful there, as seem to recall the axiom, "thought creates"

don't want him @all nor anywhere in the draft, and think he might be better value @fifth pick in the second round.... pls don't draft for need/by position.... the ghost of DJ Fluker awaits us. :O
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

eye understand the thought process, and.... don't forget some hog wild OT proponent went Simmons on us last go 'round....

as not overly convinced Telesco will go OT.... he could go Penei/Slater if he thought/felt he could pencil them in @guard for starters, and w/the possibility they move to tackle if his fellas don't pan out @tackle, as he is invested thrice over @the OT w/Pips, Sam and Bryan.

think OG and the OC are (much) more pressing than OT atm, as wouldn't be surprised if Tom rode things out @tackle for another season, and let the Pips contract play out one more year, and not to mention Bulaga would be pricey to let go this offseason as well ??
            Moi?

Yep, although I had a backup tackle in the 2nd. Drafting is tough, but sometimes you just have to do the right thing and pick BPA at a position of need. Especially if its a chronic weakness at a premium position.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

I like Wyatt Davis a lot for IOL. Not sure he can transition to Center or if he is a true OG. But if you do not get a chance for Sewell - I would prefer OT but if you can get an OG like Martin or Nelson - sign me up today. Just a plug and play right away - thats fine with me. A guy like Leatherwood at the top of R2. This would mean a trade back as I doubt Wyatt Davis goes as high as Quenton Nelson but if the pick warrants, why not.
              Davis is moving up my board, and will continue to do so if he plays the rest of the season like he has been.

Three things I would love to see us do with our first pick this draft.

1. Improve the oline
              2. Get a talented AND polished prospect(Plug n Play day 1 starter)
              3. Get a safe pick(Virtually bust proof, clean medical)

2 Guys fit that bill in this draft, from my point of view. Penei Sewell and Wyatt Davis...

By the way...Davis is a OG all the way...but I bet his buddy Josh Meyers can be had at the top of the 3rd...preestablished chemistry.
              The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Look i know these are always way off. I know the rankings are whack. Im gonna post many of these leading up to the draft. They are for fun. Its not a competition. Im just drafting BPA with guys i like. And since i get premium service with OTC i like to do trades. This one Detroit offered their 1,2 and 4.

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 3.16.46 PM.png

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Damn TT needs to go and take his coach with him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Look i know these are always way off. I know the rankings are whack. Im gonna post many of these leading up to the draft. They are for fun. Its not a competition. Im just drafting BPA with guys i like. And since i get premium service with OTC i like to do trades. This one Detroit offered their 1,2 and 4.

Yeah those rankings are whack. Lmao

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Pip is cheap.
                      We'll see how much he offers Tevi . Isnt he a FA?
                      Bulaga is what he is. he didnt break the bank but he is injured a lot.

OT and OC is a big need im my view.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah those rankings are whack. Lmao
                        Not only that but i bet you tell me that every time i post one? Followed with one of your own to one up me? lol

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Glad to see we share the same Parsons-obsession, Fleeter. Beach hinted you were a big fan. Awesome.

My 3rd Mock is trade-down attempt. It's pure madness. I bet the farm on Cosmi and Basham Jr. delivering in their 1st and second seasons, But I hope other enjoy it.

Mock 2.png

Comment

Working...
                          X