• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Except that he actually called for 2 passing plays. Under pressure. an incompletion, and on the other Herbert got sacked... leaving us no other choice but to send in a struggling kicker to attempt a game-winner of 51 yards... which he barely missed.
    Excuse me. Justin Herbert had 1 pass attempt in the 4th quarter.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Chase seems like a luxury to me. OL seems like a priority to me

It just seems so obvious to fix the OL first. I hope TommyT and JohnBoy realize this. Now the Chargers are probably going to be closer to 10 than 5 (as I think they beat the Broncos next week) - so Chase at 10 might be really good value as opposed to Chase at 5. But all things equal - please get OT, Edge, CB and IOL in this draft.
      it

We are in agreement. We can fit WR in the 5th Round with Tutu Atwell. Until then it is prioritized as EDGE, OT, CB, OC, IMHO.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        it

We are in agreement. We can fit WR in the 5th Round with Tutu Atwell. Until then it is prioritized as EDGE, OT, CB, OC, IMHO.
        I just think if you bring back Mike Williams at whatever cost, you have Allen and Williams at a decent portion of your cap - plus Guyton, Johnson, Hill and Reed - WR truly becomes a luxury. Or, if you do not bring back Williams but sign a JuJuSmithSchuster - thats still a lot of cap

Now if you were to say rescind the offer for Williams and sign an OL like Thuney - well maybe WR in the draft is more of a priority

But I do not think you can commit both cap to Williams (or a WR in free agency) AND a top 10 pick on WR.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Now that we've fallen out of the Sewell, Parsons, Rousseau sweepstakes... where do we turn...?

A WR...? The emergence of Johnson and Guyton seem to suggest another WR is not a PON.
          A CB...? Are Surtain or Farley all that much better than some of the CB's in the 3rd-5th rounds...? Can't you find CB's in later rounds that are effective in zone coverage...? Currently, are best CB (Davis) was an UDFA. Wasn't Chris Harris an UDFA...? We landed Desmond King in the 5th round...

After Sewell, Parsons, and Sewell... I believe the talent level of remaining DE's and OT's falls off to the late teens and early 20's. Is this the year to go PON over BPA @#10 (or wherever we end up)...?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Now that we've fallen out of the Sewell, Parsons, Rousseau sweepstakes... where do we turn...?

A WR...? The emergence of Johnson and Guyton seem to suggest another WR is not a PON.
            A CB...? Are Surtain or Farley all that much better than some of the CB's in the 3rd-5th rounds...? Can't you find CB's in later rounds that are effective in zone coverage...? Currently, are best CB (Davis) was an UDFA. Wasn't Chris Harris an UDFA...? We landed Desmond King in the 5th round...

After Sewell, Parsons, and Sewell... I believe the talent level of remaining DE's and OT's falls off to the late teens and early 20's. Is this the year to go PON over BPA @#10 (or wherever we end up)...?
            Of course not.
            We draft Daviyon, the next Aaron Donald.
            Nixon's the one.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Hope they can trade back. Seems likely since the QB crop is attractive and a few teams will be looking. If we can't pick up any extra picks we should at least get some value with BPA at an area of need. OL is where we need it most but CB and EDGE will need some attention too this off season. Even with as bad as our line is, 1 extra possession each game due to a stud CB or EDGE, and we win some of those 1 score games.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

RB Trey Sermon. One of his last and best runs of the day.

Critic: QB Justin Fields, really made no situational QB throws that jump out, but still flashed amazing play-making ability. His first instinct is still, to pull down the ball and run, instead of his going through his progressions. Still want to see more situational throws from the pocket and can he throw off-platform. If and when Fields shows this, then I'll consider him a flawed prospect.

Right now, he's like a tentative Lamar Jackson, and rely on his legs, instead of progressing through his reads. If I'm Jacksonville, their new GM needs to a have a workout of Justin Fields before April 2021.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Of course not.
                  We draft Daviyon, the next Aaron Donald.
                  Nixon's the one.

Woodie, where are you at with Tulsa LB/EDGE Zaven Collins?

He's my #2 candidate to rusher the passer behind #1 Micah Parsons. Zaven is currently playing MIKE in a 4-3 UNDER at Tulsa.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Fleet, Anthony Lynn responded to your advice by letting Justin Herbert throw the ball once in the 4th quarter against the Raiders.

The run game is 2.2 YPC in the first half Thursday night.

IMHO, Culprit is lack-of talent at LT and LG, and the Center and the entire RIGHT SIDE of the offensive line are stealing money.

It starts by getting a new GM who can draft offensive line talent, which Tom Telesco cannot do.

If you would like to argue he can, I offer this: This is what Telesco has drafted
                    3 3 25 89 Chris Watt G Notre Dame
                    2 2 6 38 Forrest Lamp G Western Kentucky
                    3 3 27 91 Trey Pipkins T Sioux Falls
                    3 3 7 71 Dan Feeney G Indiana
                    3 3 3 66 Max Tuerk C USC
                    5 5 18 155 Scott Quessenberry C UCLA
                    1 1 11 11 D.J. Fluker T Alabama
                    Yeah i had a twitter follower get after me about Telesco. Saying he couldnt draft an OL for shit. But that he was so good everywhere else that cutting him loose was stupid.

I countered with "If you cant draft trenches...i think Telesco would be the first to tell you he isnt doing his job well enough"

Gotta build the trenches.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

The only teams we've beaten are both awful at stopping the run and rushing the passer. Translation: run better and protect your QB better... win more games. It has always been this.
                      Id build up that left side. Thats where my mind is at this draft. Who knows maybe it makes our RBs not named Ekeler more efficient. LIkely it does.

We have used a lot of capital on the defense. We have to get a better staff in there to develop these guys.

I dont think we have a shot at Sewell. Im likely hoping for a trade back and acquisition of a pick or 2. Then look at some of the OL guys. Honestly just not a fan of the top end of this draft. As we dont need a QB. Sewell is the main prize there. And with the emergence/development of our WR corp it just makes too much sense to build up the OL. We have the rockets. Now we need the tank(OL)

And with that...i have doubts that TT can get it right.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Yeah i had a twitter follower get after me about Telesco. Saying he couldnt draft an OL for shit. But that he was so good everywhere else that cutting him loose was stupid.

I countered with "If you cant draft trenches...i think Telesco would be the first to tell you he isnt doing his job well enough"

Gotta build the trenches.
                        image_2020-12-19_131735.png

Big trench-builder, myself. On my mother's side.

Regarding Telesco, Jacksonville moved on from Dave Caldwell, Bill Polian's other protege in Indianapolis.

AJ Smith won 5 AFC West titles in 10 seasons.

Tom Telesco 0 AFC West titles in 8 seasons as GM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Woodie, where are you at with Tulsa LB/EDGE Zaven Collins?

He's my #2 candidate to rusher the passer behind #1 Micah Parsons. Zaven is currently playing MIKE in a 4-3 UNDER at Tulsa.
                          My guess is Zaven to PIT.
                          Jaelen Phillips round 2 LAC.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X