• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    The only thing I DON'T want in this draft is to trade up using draft picks.We need MORE picks, not less. There are too many talented football players in the top 150.
    We need more good football players.
    Keep your picks Tom, or better yet, get MORE!
    I agree with this. I think trading up is the easy way to go for Telesco actually. He focuses on a small group of players and needs that player. When they are good players - expand the circle a bit

He can get a lot of good players. And with respect to Sewell - if he is a true, I mean a TRUE Top Shelf Left TAckle prospect - he wouldn't get past the Bengals. Jeremiah has him behind Slater. Stay at 13 - keep your picks or maybe trade down. Telesco you have been zagging by trading up, maybe zig a little and trade back.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree with this. I think trading up is the easy way to go for Telesco actually. He focuses on a small group of players and needs that player. When they are good players - expand the circle a bit

He can get a lot of good players. And with respect to Sewell - if he is a true, I mean a TRUE Top Shelf Left TAckle prospect - he wouldn't get past the Bengals. Jeremiah has him behind Slater. Stay at 13 - keep your picks or maybe trade down. Telesco you have been zagging by trading up, maybe zig a little and trade back.
      Agree with this 100%. With so many draft picks not working out, there is definitely something to be said about quantity vs quality (especially when this is so subjective).

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
        Fluent in Sarcasm
        • Jun 2013
        • Iowa
        • Man of the People
        • Send PM

So if the Bengals don’t take Sewell he is no longer an elite prospect? Hopefully they pass on him and we can take him
        in the 7th once teams see how bad the Bengals think he is.

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

So if the Bengals don’t take Sewell he is no longer an elite prospect? Hopefully they pass on him and we can take him
          Hopefully Burrow is begging for a Ja’Marr Chase reunion.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Agree with this 100%. With so many draft picks not working out, there is definitely something to be said about quantity vs quality (especially when this is so subjective).
            This might be unpopular opinion - and I am by no means a draft expert. I am in preschool compared to people on this board. But for me, what I have been reading, there isn't enough consensus about Sewell. Jeremiah has him rated behind Slater. I read the McGinn article. To me, if he were a true bonafide no doubt LT prospect - there would be a cleaner scouting report. Seems to be a lot of questions about Sewell. And I could care less if he blocked for Herbert or not - that doesn't help in the NFL.

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

If Herbert was a TRUE top shelf QB the Dolphins wouldn't pass on him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

I just think if he were a true bona top LT prospect -there would be more of a consensus. Like Kyle Pitts seems like the cleaner pick to me at this point. There is consensus about Pitts that there isn't about Sewell. I just am not sure he is worth trading up for - especially a future first or a current 2nd plus more picks.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

This might be unpopular opinion - and I am by no means a draft expert. I am in preschool compared to people on this board. But for me, what I have been reading, there isn't enough consensus about Sewell. Jeremiah has him rated behind Slater. I read the McGinn article. To me, if he were a true bonafide no doubt LT prospect - there would be a cleaner scouting report. Seems to be a lot of questions about Sewell. And I could care less if he blocked for Herbert or not - that doesn't help in the NFL.
                  Based on this way of looking at it I can't help thinking how stupid the Patriots were to take Tom Brady after all the teams had passed on him for five rounds.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Silversurfer
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Los Angeles
                    • Send PM

Telesco is only good for about 1 to 2 picks then he just sucks. Might as well trade up to get our guy because the other ones wont pan out.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                      If Herbert was a TRUE top shelf QB the Dolphins wouldn't pass on him.
                      Herbert was ranked in the teens or 20's on jeremiahs board
                      we can play this game all day
                      but QBs are also moved up on draft boards because they are QBs

if the chargers trade up for Sewell - they trade up for Sewell
                      but the Chargers need more than Penei Sewell and have three picks in Rounds 6 and 7 will not make up for what you traded away

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                        Telesco is only good for about 1 to 2 picks then he just sucks. Might as well trade up to get our guy because the other ones wont pan out.
                        and thats why I am also not trading up
                        quite frnakly, Tom Telesco is a bottom half of the league GM
                        I don't trust his ability to identify talent he trades up for

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Herbert was ranked in the teens or 20's on jeremiahs board
                          we can play this game all day
                          but QBs are also moved up on draft boards because they are QBs

if the chargers trade up for Sewell - they trade up for Sewell
                          but the Chargers need more than Penei Sewell and have three picks in Rounds 6 and 7 will not make up for what you traded away
                          It's almost like people are frequently wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X