• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    I'm actually thinking we pick in the 10-12 range because we're gonna sweep the last 3 meaningless games. The chiefs because they may sit mahommes if they win the next 2.
    I don't think that happens. The Chargers will have a tough time in all 3 games. Beyond that, you need to remember that KC only has a half game lead on Pitt for the one seed because of tie breakers. Maybe the tiebreaker changes by the end of the season or maybe Pitt loses to Indy next week, but if not both games are at 10:00 AM PT during week 17. So it will be a must win for the Chiefs if they want the bye.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

My brother swears that we should draft Anthony Schwartz from Auburn. It looks like mock drafts have him as a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder. Just curious if anyone else is hyped on him....

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I don't think that happens. The Chargers will have a tough time in all 3 games. Beyond that, you need to remember that KC only has a half game lead on Pitt for the one seed because of tie breakers. Maybe the tiebreaker changes by the end of the season or maybe Pitt loses to Indy next week, but if not both games are at 10:00 AM PT during week 17. So it will be a must win for the Chiefs if they want the bye.
        1 down two more victories to go. It's ok...we can still get an olineman or corner back we like inside the top #15.
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

When Herbert reached the ball across into the end zone tonight, he dropped the Chargers to No. 9 in the draft order, as it currently stands.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
            When Herbert reached the ball across into the end zone tonight, he dropped the Chargers to No. 9 in the draft order, as it currently stands.
            The only consolation was knocking the Raiders out of the playoffs.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
              My brother swears that we should draft Anthony Schwartz from Auburn. It looks like mock drafts have him as a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder. Just curious if anyone else is hyped on him....
              He's allegedly the fastest man in college football, a WR. We have two 4.3ish guys right now in Johnson and Guyton.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post
                a Charge!! special.... John Brown comp

2021 NFL Draft: A deeper look at two electrifying WR duos (withthefirstpick.com)

Auburn WR Anthony Schwartz Is The Fastest Man In College Football | The Draft Network (will pretty much guarantee you've never seen a video clip quite like the one in there)

Scouting Report: Anthony Schwartz - The Dynasty Draft Room

(your friend might be onto something....)

ps. my money is on the Chiefs taking WR Rondale Moore at the bottom of the first round.... do we answer w/Schwartz (these are the kinda reasons that it helps to accumulate/stockpile picks)
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• AK47
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2019
                  • Send PM

He's allegedly the fastest man in college football, a WR. We have two 4.3ish guys right now in Johnson and Guyton.
                  Al Davis would've approved this post!!!

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

1 down two more victories to go. It's ok...we can still get an olineman or corner back we like inside the top #15.
                    agree.... we might miss out on Slater, but guessin' that Darrisaw will still be there, and then like you say.... we could still be looking CB in round one if we drop further and out of Darrisaw range.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

That's going to vary until the season ends. If he gets better I'm good with that too so rooting for top 15 pick. If we can snag a top CB in the draft I'm good with that.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

That's going to vary until the season ends. If he gets better I'm good with that too so rooting for top 15 pick. If we can snag a top CB in the draft I'm good with that.
                        Here is the thing - if you have a franchise QB - you have the most important position filled in the NFL. I wasn't rooting for losses for draft picks - it was more for Lynn. The Chargers I think will finish 6-10 - as they beat the Broncos. So there will probably be good options for OL .

If anybody is watching, Guyton and Johnson are pretty solid players. WR is not a need
                        Pitts might be an option at 10 or 12 where he wasn't at 4 like that one mock showed.

I still think its about making sure you get that OL fixed - nothing has change with the first four picks on Day 1 and 2: OT, CB, Edge and IOL.

Mike Williams - you might want to negotiate something like 4/40 where you get 24m in guarantees because they may not need you at 15.6 next year

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Words to build a team around from a college HC.

“The holy trinity of success in football starts with having a dominant offensive line, which we tried to utilize it and shore up in last year’s recruiting class,” Locksley said. “[It also includes] having a dominant defensive line, which I think we met the needs that we were looking for. And then having a quarterback, and I feel really good about the quarterback we have in our system.”
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X