• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
    Words to build a team around from a college HC.

“The holy trinity of success in football starts with having a dominant offensive line, which we tried to utilize it and shore up in last year’s recruiting class,” Locksley said. “[It also includes] having a dominant defensive line, which I think we met the needs that we were looking for. And then having a quarterback, and I feel really good about the quarterback we have in our system.”
    I think QB is more important than OL but I agree - if you have a dominant OL -- you can run the ball, pass protect, finish off games by churning first downs, keeps your defense off the field and their defense on the field. So, yes the Chargers do need some DL depth, another CB (that is brining back both Harris and Davis and probably letting Hayward go) - but it starts up front - get a good solid top 10-12 OL in the league (or higher) - and with Herbert at QB -you have the makings of a good offense

I just hope Telesco and JohnnyBOy see it. Do not get enamored with needing a flashy WR for Herbert. Give him an OLine - thats what he wants for Christmas

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Look at our new draft position after beating the Raiders:

draft order 12-18.JPG

2025 NFL Draft order tracker updated after every game. View traded picks in all seven rounds and a live updating Mock Draft after each game.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think QB is more important than OL but I agree - if you have a dominant OL -- you can run the ball, pass protect, finish off games by churning first downs, keeps your defense off the field and their defense on the field. So, yes the Chargers do need some DL depth, another CB (that is brining back both Harris and Davis and probably letting Hayward go) - but it starts up front - get a good solid top 10-12 OL in the league (or higher) - and with Herbert at QB -you have the makings of a good offense

I just hope Telesco and JohnnyBOy see it. Do not get enamored with needing a flashy WR for Herbert. Give him an OLine - thats what he wants for Christmas
        "All I want for Christmas is a new O-line,
        A new O-line, a new O-line
        All I want for Christmas is a new O-line,
        ...and a brand-new shiny HC!!!"

Comment

• La Costa Boy
          Pretty much retired......
          • Sep 2018
          • JoJa
          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
          • Send PM

So we need 5 teams to WIN another game.......just to get back to 4.
          Last edited by La Costa Boy; 12-18-2020, 10:22 AM. Reason: losing....winning..... who knows!!!

Comment

• eaterfan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Win another game, but yes.

But there are several matchups of teams lower than us so there will be automatic wins in there. The Raiders win didn't really kill us. Beating the Broncos will be tougher. That's a two game swing.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is the thing - if you have a franchise QB - you have the most important position filled in the NFL. I wasn't rooting for losses for draft picks - it was more for Lynn. The Chargers I think will finish 6-10 - as they beat the Broncos. So there will probably be good options for OL .

If anybody is watching, Guyton and Johnson are pretty solid players. WR is not a need
              Pitts might be an option at 10 or 12 where he wasn't at 4 like that one mock showed.

I still think its about making sure you get that OL fixed - nothing has change with the first four picks on Day 1 and 2: OT, CB, Edge and IOL.

Mike Williams - you might want to negotiate something like 4/40 where you get 24m in guarantees because they may not need you at 15.6 next year
              Yes. What was not long ago a liability - lack of WR depth - has now become a strength with the emergence of these two. Can't emphasize enough how good this is, to develop practice squad players into legit NFL WRs. It is one less need to fill in FA or the draft, and these guys are building familiarity with Herbert. Just bodes very well for the future of the passing game.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

They really blew it last night (from a draft perspective).
                After Chargers play KC their SOS is going to skyrocket ...their spot might get worse even if they don’t win another game.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  Look at our new draft position after beating the Raiders:

draft order 12-18.JPG

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
                  Damn you Lynn

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Damn you Lynn
                    I am still more concerned the loss keeps Lynns job over the draft position. There are good players in the draft. Telesco just needs to do a better job as GM
                    But will the last two weeks convince management that Lynn should keep his job? If they have been paying attention - he shouldn't

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

There are other 4 win teams that will win and move down the draft order too. And at 10, you can’t ignore taking an OT because a higher rated toy is sitting there.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Our WR coach is the shit.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          There are other 4 win teams that will win and move down the draft order too. And at 10, you can’t ignore taking an OT because a higher rated toy is sitting there.
                          10 is a helluva different than 4 or 5 in my opinion. You are right though - might be easier to take an OT at 10 that might be a bit of a reach than taking the second best OT at 5 which would be a major reach.

Comment

Working...
                          X