• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Thats a toughy...Waddle would be a steal there because of injury...fractured ankle doesn't scare me like a knee injury would...but in a trade down scenario that puts us in the middle of the first, I would be looking hard at Wyatt Davis. No pick is 100 percent safe, but Davis would be close...RG problem solved for 10+ years. But have to admit, nabbing Waddle there, and getting some picks to boot, wouldn't upset me.
    No WR...please...not a PON...still have Mike Will next year, have KA, Guyton and Johnson are coming on...no, just...no...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This is the guy that Mac Jones has been tearing it up with? I saw his position rank as #1 receiver....If we draft at #16 I don't think he's there as #1 receiver. Most likely we draft 10-12 because now that the pressure of winning or losing is gone we're gonna win meaningless games. So yeah, if he drops to #12 and we pick I'd draft him too! Better get on the phones to sign a premium CB.
      No...that's Devontae Smith. Waddle was injured in the first game I think...he was projected to be a stud, and is still considered a huge talent. In fact, he may actually come back this season...the fact that his ankle isn't as bad as some feared, could lead to him being a fast riser up the boards when he turns in some good workouts...he will actually be in the top 10 mix I think, but who knows. In any scenario, trading back and picking him up would be a pretty good deal.
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

First attempt with a Sim. Note: Not a fan of these and i could of drafted RB Micheal Carter in the 7th round LMAO...not going to be there.

4: R1 P4 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
        36: R2 P4 RB Najee Harris - Alabama
        68: R3 P4 CB Eric Stokes - Georgia
        96: R3 P32 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College
        106: R4 P4 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh
        145: R5 P4 S Divine Deablo - Virginia Tech
        183: R6 P4 TE Chase Allen - Iowa State
        203: R6 P24 LB Jabril Cox - LSU
        226: R7 P4 G Boe Wilson - Nebraska

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No WR...please...not a PON...still have Mike Will next year, have KA, Guyton and Johnson are coming on...no, just...no...
          Agreed.
          plus, we’ll likely be able to find good value in FA WRs whenever a great opportunity arises as many WRs would likely take a pay cut to play with Herbert
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            Is
            Agreed.
            plus, we’ll likely be able to find good value in FA WRs whenever a great opportunity arises as many WRs would likely take a pay cut to play with Herbert
            Would they though? I don't know about that. Maybe if Minshew or Trubiski is your QB but I'll assume most may not and take the best money offer.
            A NFL career is only so long. Allen Robinson isn't going to be cheap and he is the only FA I see from those teams.

Brashard Perriman would leave the Jets because they suck, if you want to roll the dice on him but they Wil have Lawrence next year.
            Coming here comes with a negative or two. Taxes in CA with little fans playing for Spanos.... With the latter probably not a concern for players.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
              Would they though? I don't know about that. Maybe if Minshew or Trubiski is your QB but I'll assume most would not. A NFL career is only so long. Allen Robinson isn't going to be cheap and he is the only FA I see from those teams.

Brashard Perriman would leave the Jets because they suck, if you want to roll the dice on him but they Wil have Lawrence next year.
              Coming here comes with a negative or two. Taxes in CA with little fans playing for Spanos.... With the latter probably not a concern for players.
              I haven’t looked into any specific guys
              but I’m thinking of guys that want to avoid bust labels
              I know you’re not a fan of John Ross, but someone like him comes to mind.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I haven’t looked into any specific guys
                but I’m thinking of guys that want to avoid bust labels
                I know you’re not a fan of John Ross, but someone like him comes to mind.
                Yeah I wouldn't want him. Maybe for vet minimum. China doll and we have many of those lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Agreed.
                  Nobody wants to take a pay cut.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Yeah I wouldn't want him. Maybe for vet minimum. China doll and we have many of those lol
                    not saying I necessarily do but
                    It’s all about the fit and chemistry
                    WR doesn’t always translate proportionately across qbs
                    Elite wr talent will likely flourish depending on the QB skill, but lesser talents have a chance at thriving with certain qbs that match
                    so far herbert looks to work well with UDFA speed guys, and anyone can work well with KA
                    I’d expect our future OC to be very interested in what types of WRs match JH, Belicheat’s best GM skill is finding average joes to fit his system perfectly
                    hoping Josh wasn’t asleep in class that day
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2020
                      • Send PM

First attempt with a Sim. Note: Not a fan of these and i could of drafted RB Micheal Carter in the 7th round LMAO...not going to be there.

4: R1 P4 OT Penei Sewell - Oregon
                      36: R2 P4 RB Najee Harris - Alabama
                      68: R3 P4 CB Eric Stokes - Georgia
                      96: R3 P32 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College
                      106: R4 P4 EDGE Patrick Jones II - Pittsburgh
                      145: R5 P4 S Divine Deablo - Virginia Tech
                      183: R6 P4 TE Chase Allen - Iowa State
                      203: R6 P24 LB Jabril Cox - LSU
                      226: R7 P4 G Boe Wilson - Nebraska
                      As long as Cincinatti picks ahead of the Chargers, Sewell will not be available.
                      It is a lock that he will be the first non quarterback taken, and Cinci does not need a QB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post

As long as Cincinatti picks ahead of the Chargers, Sewell will not be available.
                        It is a lock that he will be the first non quarterback taken, and Cinci does not need a QB.
                        Agree the chance is big they take him but he was available in that Simulator. And I didn't even look on there to see who they chose. I just saw his name and clicked the Draft Player button lol.
                        I rushed thru that one and wasnt the Sim i was looking for. Rankings were whack.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-14-2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Agree the chance is big they take him but he was available in that Simulator. And I didn't even look on there to see who they chose. I just saw his name and clicked the Draft Player button lol.
                          It is possible they trade down to some other team that needs a QB. But I find that unlikely. Not if Sewell is available, he is just too good, too rare of an offensive line prospect.
                          In his Sophmore year he won offensive lineman of the year award.
                          I also think he went the entire year without allowing a sack, crazy stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X