• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I do not know enough about the players after Leatherwood but I like how you hit on the key positions

It does seem like fans, even reading Poppers chat now , bloggers that there are three areas of NEED and the rest are WANTS; But the needs are: OT, Edge and CB

I hope Telesco or the new GM sees the same thing. Though my guess, Telesco will want to give Herbert a weapon so today, he would draft WR or the TE Pitts over OT, Edge or CB, all things equal.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do not know enough about the players after Leatherwood but I like how you hit on the key positions

It does seem like fans, even reading Poppers chat now , bloggers that there are three areas of NEED and the rest are WANTS; But the needs are: OT, Edge and CB

I hope Telesco or the new GM sees the same thing. Though my guess, Telesco will want to give Herbert a weapon so today, he would draft WR or the TE Pitts over OT, Edge or CB, all things equal.
      Looks to me like it came out very blurry.
      Taking a screen shot with my desktop and making it work here don't work well and I can't use the simulators on a mobile device as the links don't show up for me on mobile version.

As. For the picks, I traded down if you can tell lol. With Miami and this simulator doesnt have our coming 3rd comp or extra 6th pick.
      The Sims don't have the best rankings.
      Not sure how Wood says he uses these as a tool. Even trading is very tough to get any value on the TDN simulator.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-22-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Experimenting for better viewing..Eureka...but kinda is work lol.

2020-12-22 (2).png

Comment

• Tol
          From Accounting
          • Mar 2019
          • Carlsbad
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I don't see the Jets taking Sewell...they just picked Becton, and outside of being knicked up his first year, the outlook is good for them at LT. I think the Bengals pair Chase back up with Burrows, and address the oline in the second and third rounds...lot of good tackles. So do we have a shot at Penei? No way he gets past the Eagles...their oline is a mess.

In your mock, there is a tough choice. Would love to put another pass rusher across from Bosa, but Gregory hasn't wowed me. He just happens to be the best DE in a weak class...but I admit, I haven't watched a lot of him yet.

Now Slater....I'm a big fan. I have been watching what little I can find, and I am excited with this kid. If I forget his 6-4 frame(barely), he looks like top 10 all the way. His apparent lack of length doesn't show on the film. First time I watched him, it was right after I watched Penei, and even though I liked him, I knit picked him a little bit. But if I watch him along with Darrisaw, Cosmi, and Leatherwood? He makes them all look slow and plodding. In the run game, he is violent at the line, and in the second level, he looks like a shark gliding amongst the Tuna, until he pounces! If there is anything wrong with his game, it's that he is so athletic, he gets caught racing the DE to the edge, instead of shadowing...which opens him up to counter moves and spins back inside...that can be tighteded up in coaching. A little grabby at times too...but all these college guys are...he will clean it up.

For that matter, I'm not sure he is lacking in length...might turn out he has an average to above average wingspan/reach. In any event, I am sold. I have moved him into my first round cluster. Would absolutely love to add this kid to our oline, and in the above mock, I'm turning in his card.
          The thing about the Jets, is they already have a QB that they drafted 3 overall. If they can't get Lawrence, then they probably stick with Darnold. Sewell is the best player on the board, move one to the right side and boom, elite bookend tackles.

There are some good EDGE rushers to be had late in round 1 or early in round 2. Patrick Jones II is at the top of my list. Also Joseph Ossai, Azeez Ojulari, and Carlos Basham Jr. have all had consistent production for the past couple of years.

That's a good write up on Slater, Lone Bolt! Slater is rising up pretty quick. The difference between him and Darrisaw though, is Slater opted out, so there's no tape from this season. I do wonder if that affects draft stock and if there's any worry about regression or development stall from not playing. I saw one mock where the Jets took Sewell and the Bengals took Slater at 3. So people are certainly waking up to him, but I think he's still widely viewed as a guard prospect.

OT is a big need, but we might be in a position to get a lockdown corner. After OT1, OT2 thru OT8 are all kind of bunched up. So I'm leaning towards taking the elite blue chip CB talent in round 1, and the red chip OT talent in round 2.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

TraScreenshot (8).png

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              What does everyone think of Kwitty Paye? Tankathon just mocked him to us, and several others have him in that area.
              Guy doesn't run/move like a 275 pound defensive end. He supposedly had a ridiculous 3.47 3 cone time, and sub 4.6 40.

And yet, if you want to see all that put into his pass rush reps, you just won't see it. He's raw and it shows.
              Former track & field guy.
              I like quick-twitch type defensive players, Kwity isn't that kind of player. Lateral movement is not that outstanding, I would not describe his game as 'fluid.'

Then again, I am looking for a OLB to rush the QB, not a DL. There are no D line worth taking this high, IMO. LBers, yes.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

image_2020-12-22_144529.png

Patriots offered their 1st and 2nd for the 15 Overall pick to select a QB, took it traded down further.

I bet the pass rush on Zaven Collins. His lateral movement is special. Or, this could be a Larry English-type deal.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I like quick-twitch type defensive players, Kwity isn't that kind of player. Lateral movement is not that outstanding, I would not describe his game as 'fluid.'

Then again, I am looking for a OLB to rush the QB, not a DL. There are no D line worth taking this high, IMO. LBers, yes.
                  We might want to actually go to a 3-4 first lol. Im not for a 3-4 but before we make personel for it, .....we may want to actually have a DC that runs it.
                  We would need some LB changes for it.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We might want to actually go to a 3-4 first lol. Im not for a 3-4 but before we make personel for it, .....we may want to actually have a DC that runs it.
                    We would need some LB changes for it.
                    You didn't read this article I posted this morning, I gather?

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/09/05...mes-with-ease/

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

bama has several players that could start right away and help Chargers immensely...
                      Here's the deal I have always had with Bama. All of their guys are 4 and 5 star recruits. I would sign UDFA's from Bama in a heartbeat. He is a 4-5 star that played behind 2 or 3 other 4-5 star guys and it was just numbers there. Those guys left HS as some of the best in the land. Sign em up IMHO and see what you get because they HAVE major talent or they would not be in Alabama.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

I was playing with PFF's simulator and basically just chose BPA:

9. Kyle Pitts TE Florida Pure BPA..... Most boards now have him in top 10,,,,, CBS had us taking him at 4 lol...... he is bigger, stronger, and much much quicker and faster than MW or HH....... 6-6 250, catches everything with hid hands, breaks tackles and our runs CB's..... and this is a bigger need than most think...... Williams will be gone this year or next..... and HH is an average solid TE...... Pitts would give Chargers a similar TE threat as Gates or Winslow....... HH is not in that category......

Check out Pro Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClUYr8IsVJRr4EqpIu-PMgg?view_as=subscriber(No copyright intended, All videos belong to their rightful o...

40. Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

77. Hamsah Nasirildeen S Florida State

107. Trey Smith OG Tennessee

138. Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College

169. Camryn Bynum CB California

184. Tyler Vaughns WR USC

199. Jaret Patterson RB Buffalo

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

I still favor the 3/4 and I think we have people on board already to make the switch. But, we'll need a new DC!
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X