• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Time management and coaching communication should not be an issue at this level. A rare mistake is understandable, but we're seeing this stuff weekly. Either this stage is too big for Lynn or he doesn't know the basics. It should have already been decided, but knowing this ownership, it probably hasn't. January might be worse for us than the season has been.
    No talk here about the decision to have Herbert attempt to sneak it in on 1rst down last Thursday for the win, and the awkward way he went about doing it? It looked as if that was his first time ever with a goal line qb sneak: it probably was - zero attention to detail on this staff. Raiders should have recovered Herbert's fumble in the end zone for the loss - the typical type of loss to which we are accustomed. And then they try the same damn thing again next play?

Its like we've grown numb to this type of shit and just accept it!! A win is a win.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

No talk here about the decision to have Herbert attempt to sneak it in on 1rst down last Thursday for the win, and the awkward way he went about doing it? It looked as if that was his first time ever with a goal line qb sneak: it probably was - zero attention to detail on this staff. Raiders should have recovered Herbert's fumble in the end zone for the loss - the typical type of loss to which we are accustomed. And then they try the same damn thing again next play?

Its like we've grown numb to this type of shit and just accept it!! A win is a win.
      good points. that was my point in the other thread if the "case" is being made well the team started 3-9 and they finish say 6-10 or who knows if KC rests everybody including the mascot, 7-9 -= its how they got there

its not like the mistakes in coaching still do not show up. they did against Atlanta and even the strategy against the Raiders. So if Lynn finishes the season with four wins it will be the Falcons, the Raiders, Denver and a Chiefs team resting Mahomes, Kelce, Helaire, Tyreek, Chris Jones, Mathieu. Hell Big Andy might not even show up for that game or just sit up in the press box eating his cheeseburgers

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

good points. that was my point in the other thread if the "case" is being made well the team started 3-9 and they finish say 6-10 or who knows if KC rests everybody including the mascot, 7-9 -= its how they got there

its not like the mistakes in coaching still do not show up. they did against Atlanta and even the strategy against the Raiders. So if Lynn finishes the season with four wins it will be the Falcons, the Raiders, Denver and a Chiefs team resting Mahomes, Kelce, Helaire, Tyreek, Chris Jones, Mathieu. Hell Big Andy might not even show up for that game or just sit up in the press box eating his cheeseburgers
        Too Funny! The ultimate insult would be to lose to the chiefs back-ups. Would probably FastTrack Bienamy, Mcdaniels, or daboll to the head coaching spot!
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Too Funny! The ultimate insult would be to lose to the chiefs back-ups. Would probably FastTrack Bienamy, Mcdaniels, or daboll to the head coaching spot!
          It won’t be the first. I remember the game after KC clinched the AFC West title, they had Chase Daniels playing qb and we lost.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Fleet, do u think Moses falls all the way to round 3? I'm thinking maybe round 2...Moses looked real strong in coverage in the Florida game...nice to see a Mike LB with closing speed to break up passes over the middle...something the Bolts badly need...
            No lol. Thats why i said these are fun. And why i pointed out the rankings a few days ago. They rank em i draft em.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltsfan70 View Post

Fleet what web site are you on for your mocks?
              Be the GM and make picks for your team while seeing different scenarios for the 2024 NFL Draft.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

What does everyone think of Kwitty Paye? Tankathon just mocked him to us, and several others have him in that area.
                Guy doesn't run/move like a 275 pound defensive end. He supposedly had a ridiculous 3.47 3 cone time, and sub 4.6 40.

And yet, if you want to see all that put into his pass rush reps, you just won't see it. He's raw and it shows.
                Former track & field guy.

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like the David Andrews signing - Chargers need a solid OC to me more than OG. Well after OT. Patriots might prioritize Thuney over Andres
                  Henry, Lamp, Davis, Jenkins, Vigil - all good with

Ingrama, Perryman, Green and Taylor - yep all can go
                  Feeney I think comes back

As for the draft Slater, Wyatt Davis any big old OL. Wyatt Davis might be a Zach Martin plug/[play OG - if you can't get a top flight tackle

And today, I probably am letting Mike Williams test the waters.
                  I'm on the fence on bringing Feeney back. He provides good depth but we need an upgrade. If David Andrews is cheaper than Pouncey then he should be a target FA signing. If not Andrews, then maybe Ted Karras, another NE product and another C from MIA.

Isn't Mike Williams signed through 2022? What do we gain by letting him go 1 year early? Genuinely interested since I read this a lot but not the reasoning.

There will be a big hole to fill opposite Bosa. There's a lot of good options in Free Agency after the season. And with Ingram, Perryman and Taylor leaving, there should be plenty of cap space to work with. Kerrigan was my first choice, but after thinking about it more, he's getting old, and his production is on the decline. So the younger option is 28 year old OLB Leonard Floyd (8 sacks, 16 QB hits). Or 26 year old DE Yannick Ngakoue (8 sacks, 13 QB hits) who may come at an even higher cost than Floyd.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                    What does everyone think of Kwitty Paye? Tankathon just mocked him to us, and several others have him in that area.
                    Guy doesn't run/move like a 275 pound defensive end. He supposedly had a ridiculous 3.47 3 cone time, and sub 4.6 40.

And yet, if you want to see all that put into his pass rush reps, you just won't see it. He's raw and it shows.
                    Former track & field guy.
                    I'll believe it when I see it. Not sure we will get a combine though

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Quarter Mock and Round 1 Cluster

1 JAX Jaguars - QB Trevor Lawrence
                      2 NY Jets - OT Penei Sewell
                      3 CIN Bengals - WR Ja'Marr Chase
                      4 ATL Falcons - LB Micah Parsons
                      5 CAR Panthers - QB Justin Fields
                      6 MIA Dolphins - WR Jaylen Waddle
                      7 PHI Eagles - CB Patrick Surtain II
                      8 LA Chargers -
                      9 DAL Cowboys -
                      10 NY Giants -

EDGE Gregory Rousseau
                      CB Caleb Farley
                      WR Devonta Smith
                      OT Christian Darrisaw
                      OT Rashawn Slater
                      TE Kyle Pitts

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

8 LA Chargers -
                        9 DAL Cowboys -
                        10 NY Giants -

EDGE Gregory Rousseau
                        CB Caleb Farley
                        WR Devonta Smith
                        OT Christian Darrisaw
                        OT Rashawn Slater
                        TE Kyle Pitts
                        I don't see the Jets taking Sewell...they just picked Becton, and outside of being knicked up his first year, the outlook is good for them at LT. I think the Bengals pair Chase back up with Burrows, and address the oline in the second and third rounds...lot of good tackles. So do we have a shot at Penei? No way he gets past the Eagles...their oline is a mess.

In your mock, there is a tough choice. Would love to put another pass rusher across from Bosa, but Gregory hasn't wowed me. He just happens to be the best DE in a weak class...but I admit, I haven't watched a lot of him yet.

Now Slater....I'm a big fan. I have been watching what little I can find, and I am excited with this kid. If I forget his 6-4 frame(barely), he looks like top 10 all the way. His apparent lack of length doesn't show on the film. First time I watched him, it was right after I watched Penei, and even though I liked him, I knit picked him a little bit. But if I watch him along with Darrisaw, Cosmi, and Leatherwood? He makes them all look slow and plodding. In the run game, he is violent at the line, and in the second level, he looks like a shark gliding amongst the Tuna, until he pounces! If there is anything wrong with his game, it's that he is so athletic, he gets caught racing the DE to the edge, instead of shadowing...which opens him up to counter moves and spins back inside...that can be tighteded up in coaching. A little grabby at times too...but all these college guys are...he will clean it up.

For that matter, I'm not sure he is lacking in length...might turn out he has an average to above average wingspan/reach. In any event, I am sold. I have moved him into my first round cluster. Would absolutely love to add this kid to our oline, and in the above mock, I'm turning in his card.
                        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

8 LA Chargers -
                          9 DAL Cowboys -
                          10 NY Giants -

EDGE Gregory Rousseau
                          CB Caleb Farley
                          WR Devonta Smith
                          OT Christian Darrisaw
                          OT Rashawn Slater
                          TE Kyle Pitts
                          If thats the board I am taking Slater followed by Darrishaw followed by Pitts

Comment

Working...
                          X