• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parcells
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Ok but the Chargers need a dynamic RB because Austin isn't a #1 RB. Will Jaret Patterson be available at pick 45??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwRiI0jVyLs
    Javonte Williams from UNC is actually probably the better back. Insane amount of broken tackles.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No need to give up the farm...Slater or AVT should be there at #13...
      AVT likely gonna be a guard, but I’m not opposed to grabbing a stud OG with #13.

Comment

• pigskin
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Southern Oregon
        • Send PM

OK this site is WACK! https://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

It kept offering trades I couldn't turn down and their rankings are well....

Your score is: 44872 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
        Round 1 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (A-)
        Round 2 Pick 2 (NYJ): Rashawn Slater, OG/OT, Northwestern (B+)
        Round 2 Pick 15: Hamsah Nasirildeen, FS/SS, Florida State (A+)
        Round 2 Pick 17 (ARI): Walker Little, OT, Stanford (A)
        Round 2 Pick 27 (CLE): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
        Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Alijah VeraTucker, OG, USC (A-)
        Round 3 Pick 13: Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A)
        Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Charles Snowden, DE/OLB, Virginia (A+)
        Round 4 Pick 13: Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State (A+)
        Round 5 Pick 15: Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A)
        Round 6 Pick 14: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+)
        Round 6 Pick 21: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
        Round 7 Pick 13: Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

Originally posted by pigskin View Post
          OK this site is WACK! https://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx

It kept offering trades I couldn't turn down and there ranking is well....

Your score is: 44872 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
          Round 1 Pick 28 (N.O.): Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina (A-)
          Round 2 Pick 2 (NYJ): Rashawn Slater, OG/OT, Northwestern (B+)
          Round 2 Pick 15: Hamsah Nasirildeen, FS/SS, Florida State (A+)
          Round 2 Pick 17 (ARI): Walker Little, OT, Stanford (A)
          Round 2 Pick 27 (CLE): Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, ILB/OLB, Notre Dame (A+)
          Round 2 Pick 28 (N.O.): Alijah VeraTucker, OG, USC (A-)
          Round 3 Pick 13: Alec Lindstrom, C/OG, Boston College (A)
          Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Charles Snowden, DE/OLB, Virginia (A+)
          Round 4 Pick 13: Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State (A+)
          Round 5 Pick 15: Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington (A)
          Round 6 Pick 14: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida (A+)
          Round 6 Pick 21: Elijah Molden, CB, Washington (A+)
          Round 7 Pick 13: Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB, Miami (A+)
          ​​​​​​Yeh although I'd like to have all those guys, NO WAY they fall to these picks. Slater & Horn would be a pretty good 1st 2 picks, but I don't think Horn will last until our 2nd & I would be thrilled if Slater made it to 13.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Slater looking like he won’t last until 13.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
              If slater is there at 13 - I would hope Telesco makes the pick in like 30 seconds or less. Granted the tape needs to check out but potential franchise LT for your potential franchise QB is a smart way to go.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It’s so far until the draft. If we look back at years past, things tend to shakeup a fair amount between now and the draft. Although without the combine I wonder if that happens this year.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Javonte Williams from UNC is actually probably the better back. Insane amount of broken tackles.
                  agree... and there are alot pf better backs than patterson(who is more like the small backs we already have)..... Chargers need two durable stud powerbacks with speed to rotate and account for Chargers habit of getting injured.... .....Ekler is a situational scat back not an every down power back.....

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

If a video of him with a pipe smoking weed surfaces like the LT of previous draft, he will be there :rasta:

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

2021 Senior Bowl: Daniel Jeremiah's top 10 NFL draft winners from week of practice

Published: Jan 29, 2021 at 01:08 PM

Daniel JeremiahNFL Media analyst

Mac Jones shares what it means for him to play in Senior Bowl
                      On the eve of the Reese's Senior Bowl, 100-plus prospects for the 2021 NFL Draft are on the verge of wrapping up a crucial job interview. NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah provides a look at 10 players who helped their stock the most during the week of practice leading up to the game.

Tune in for the Senior Bowl live on NFL Network at 2:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, Jan. 30.

Carlos "Boogie" Basham, DE, Wake Forest. Basham made himself some money this week by showing his inside/outside versatility. Some defensive linemen just have a knack for getting into the backfield no matter where they line up, and Boogie is one of those players. His quickness was a problem for guards when he rushed from the inside, and he's going to be a good edge setter against the run. I'd like to see him play as a 4-3 DE in a base defense at the next level and then kick inside in sub packages. There was no top-tier defensive end in this year's Senior Bowl, but Basham really stood out from the rest of the group.

Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina. Every now and then there's a player who just pops off the screen when I sit down to watch tape, and Carter was that guy this year. He showed burst and an ability to make plays out of the backfield as a receiver. I think he has a legitimate shot to be a Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) pick. In an era when running backs are being devalued, he has a unique skill set. I envision him playing a role similar to the one Nyheim Hines fills for the Colts.

North Carolina RB Michael Carter joins 'NFL Now' ahead of Senior Bowl

Demetric Felton, RB/WR, UCLA. Felton played running back last season for the Bruins, but he primarily lined up as a receiver at the Senior Bowl, although he did get a little bit of work at RB, too. He has some dynamic qualities. UCLA coach Chip Kelly told me Felton practiced at both running back and wide receiver throughout the 2020 season. That familiarity with each position showed in Mobile. He's an explosive player.

Richie Grant, S, UCF. If you wanted to find Grant on the field, all you had to was follow the ball. He was around it all week long. I was really impressed with his performance in one-on-one drills. Grant proved he can cover in man and play in the deep middle. That's a good combination as far as NFL teams are concerned.

Robert Hainsey, OL, Notre Dame. Hainsey was one of the most consistent prospects this week. He played with good hands and a firm base, taking snaps at guard and tackle. The team that picks him will be getting a very polished player. It didn't go unnoticed that the Notre Dame guys worked after practice every single day, and I was told Hainsey's interviews with teams were outstanding.

Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State. Johnson did not play this fall because the Missouri Valley Conference postponed its football season until the spring, but he showed no signs of rust during practice. He consistently won in one-on-one drills, flashing his impressive quickness. If your NFL team needs a good slot receiver, Johnson is a player to keep an eye on.

Mac Jones, QB, Alabama. The national championship-winning QB was consistent and steady in practices, just like he was during the season. There's no individual trait that wows you, but he's a good decision maker with accuracy and touch, especially underneath and at the intermediate levels. He'll leave Mobile having shown he was the best passer of the Senior Bowl QBs. It was impressive that he came here to compete after wrapping up his season just a couple weeks ago and I still have him rated on the borderline of the first round. Hopefully we'll get a chance to see him in the game on Saturday, but he did say he hurt his left ankle in practice on Thursday and wouldn't play if he didn't feel 100 percent.

Quinn Meinerz, interior O-lineman, Wisconsin-Whitewater. Meinerz was the most impressive player during practices, from start to finish. He was a relative unknown coming into the week, hailing from a Division III school. Well, not only did he prove he belonged, he showed everyone that he's one of the best players here. Meinerz was dominant, displaying plenty of power and strength. No one should have any questions about his toughness either, as he reportedly played through a broken bone in his right hand on Thursday. He's going to be a quality starting interior offensive lineman in the NFL.

Jeremiah breaks down 'borderline ridiculous' block from Quinn Meinerz

Quincy Roche, edge rusher, Miami. I think Roche came into the week as a likely early Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) pick, but he probably pushed himself up to Day 2 (Rounds 2-3) based on his work at the Senior Bowl. I came away impressed by how hard he battled from rep to rep. He just kept showing up in team drills. He has heavy hands and a motor that runs hot.

D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina. Smith played in only one game this fall due to injury and scouts were lukewarm on his tape from the 2019 season. So, there was very little buzz about him coming out of the 2020 campaign. There will be plenty of chatter about him coming out of this week, though. Smith was phenomenal at tackle and guard. He has extremely long arms and knows how to use them.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Quinn Meinerz, interior O-lineman, Wisconsin-Whitewater.

(read the story to get the tweets. This is the player story of the Senior Bowl.)

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ly/4312542001/

A UW-Whitewater player is stealing the show at this week's Senior Bowl for his play (and his belly?)

JR RadcliffeMilwaukee Journal Sentinel

Quinn Meinerz didn't get a chance to play out his senior season with the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater because of a COVID-19 shutdown, but the offensive lineman is nonetheless making a name for himself as the only Division III player at practices for the Senior Bowl this week.

Yahoo! Sports has followed Meinerz's rise to viral stardom, thanks to his play and also his willingness to let his stomach shine, with the latter helping him land an interview on NFL Network.

"I don't have the great abs, but I'm working on it," Meinerz joked in the interview when his exposed belly drew comparisons to Seattle star receiver D.K. Metcalf, who showed off his abs in a memorable 2019 moment. "Right now, we've got the keg, but we're working on it though."

It's Meinerz's performance in practices that has truly opened eyes at the pre-draft event, which features players from the highest levels of college football. Meinerz has matched up favorably with rushers from Pac-12 and Big Ten schools during the training in Mobile, Alabama. That included this pancake of UCLA's Osa Odighizuwa.

He also shook off a broken hand suffered early in Thursday's practices, though he'll likely be playing with a club when the Senior Bowl arrives Saturday, with a 1:30 p.m. kickoff on the NFL Network.

Meinerz, who played at Hartford High School in greater Milwaukee, was named a first-team All-American in 2019 by the Associated Press and American Football Coaches Association and also garnered the Warhawks' most valuable player honor.

Yahoo! writer Eric Edholm discussed Meinerz's training routine, which included summers in remote Canada clearing brush and rolling fuel tanks. He only got a spot in the Senior Bowl lineup when Alabama center Landon Dickerson suffered a torn ACL.

It's hard to know if this will pay off in terms of a better standing for the NFL draft; with no NFL combine and other COVID-related precautions, the evaluation process will be trickier than ever. But it's not unprecedented for an offensive lineman to get taken high in the draft from a smaller school, such as Ali Marpet, who was taken in the second round by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2015 out of Hastings in New York.

Just last year, the Jacksonville Jaguars selected offensive tackle Ben Bartch out of St. John's in Minnesota in the fourth round.

Yahoo! mentioned that Meinerz had been training in Milwaukee after the Division III season was canceled.

The last time a player was drafted out of Whitewater was in 2007, when receiver Derek Stanley was taken in the seventh round by the Rams. Wide receiver Jake Kumerow went undrafted but played in the 2018 and 2019 seasons with the Green Bay Packers before bouncing around in 2020 and finishing with the Buffalo Bills.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Quinn Meinerz, #71, has 3 pancakes for breakfast at Center

Brandon Thorn

Senior Bowl: DIII Wisconsin-Whitewater center Quinn Meinerz wrecking Texas DT Graham (1) & UW DT Onwuzurike (2/3) in the first team period yesterday. Whew.

That's how you win a job.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X