• ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

My guess is Zaven to PIT.
    Jaelen Phillips round 2 LAC.
    Thank you.

You going to watch Bills-Broncos at 1:30 today? The Bills model is one to follow, IMO. I can see Zaven to Buffalo to upgrade Jerry Hughes.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Id build up that left side. Thats where my mind is at this draft. Who knows maybe it makes our RBs not named Ekeler more efficient. LIkely it does.

We have used a lot of capital on the defense. We have to get a better staff in there to develop these guys.

I dont think we have a shot at Sewell. Im likely hoping for a trade back and acquisition of a pick or 2. Then look at some of the OL guys. Honestly just not a fan of the top end of this draft. As we dont need a QB. Sewell is the main prize there. And with the emergence/development of our WR corp it just makes too much sense to build up the OL. We have the rockets. Now we need the tank(OL)

And with that...i have doubts that TT can get it right.
      Excellent post.

The Chargers are underachieving because of the quality of our coaches and the quality of our draft picks, in the core rounds, 3-7, where teams are built.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Excellent post.

The Chargers are underachieving because of the quality of our coaches and the quality of our draft picks, in the core rounds, 3-7, where teams are built.
        You mean players like Feeney, Jenkins, Pipkins, Tevi and JJones ?
        And, to mention TPB's favorite raw nerve, Oline...so why was Campen, for example brought in ?
        James needs another year, especially with COVID not allowing for his hands on approach.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just think if you bring back Mike Williams at whatever cost, you have Allen and Williams at a decent portion of your cap - plus Guyton, Johnson, Hill and Reed - WR truly becomes a luxury. Or, if you do not bring back Williams but sign a JuJuSmithSchuster - thats still a lot of cap

Now if you were to say rescind the offer for Williams and sign an OL like Thuney - well maybe WR in the draft is more of a priority

But I do not think you can commit both cap to Williams (or a WR in free agency) AND a top 10 pick on WR.
          No need to resign Williams.... he is always iffy health-wise.....

If we don't take OL, then CB should be chosen which is a huge need, WR is a need but you can get those later, and more than WR, a big solid durable RB is a huge need(we could use 2) or if there is a difference-making pass rusher there but I doubt that there are any other than Parsons. There are 2 elite coverage CB's in this draft and both will go top 5 to 7........ and we definitely need at least one...... we do not have any now.....

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

No need to resign Williams.... he is always iffy health-wise.....

If we don't take OL, then CB should be chosen which is a huge need, WR is a need but you can get those later, and more than WR, a big solid durable RB is a huge need(we could use 2) or if there is a difference-making pass rusher there but I doubt that there are any other than Parsons. There are 2 elite coverage CB's in this draft and both will go top 5 to 7........ and we definitely need at least one...... we do not have any now.....
            Maybe....maybe not...you might have some QB's go in the top 5 that pushes the whole stack down a bit. If we're drafting 10-12 we might have a shot at one of those CBs.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just think if you bring back Mike Williams at whatever cost, you have Allen and Williams at a decent portion of your cap - plus Guyton, Johnson, Hill and Reed - WR truly becomes a luxury. Or, if you do not bring back Williams but sign a JuJuSmithSchuster - thats still a lot of cap

Now if you were to say rescind the offer for Williams and sign an OL like Thuney - well maybe WR in the draft is more of a priority

But I do not think you can commit both cap to Williams (or a WR in free agency) AND a top 10 pick on WR.
              I’d rather spend $15M on OL. Even if they prioritize OL in draft, they aren’t going to draft 5 starters. Even spending that money on a good DB would be a better use of the money imo. Last 3 games MW has produced 22, 43 and 26 yards, zero TDs.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

image_2020-12-19_131735.png

Big trench-builder, myself. On my mother's side.

Regarding Telesco, Jacksonville moved on from Dave Caldwell, Bill Polian's other protege in Indianapolis.

AJ Smith won 5 AFC West titles in 10 seasons.

Tom Telesco 0 AFC West titles in 8 seasons as GM.
                Nice lol

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Nice lol
                  Bring back AJ!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

RB Trey Sermon. One of his last and best runs of the day.

Critic: QB Justin Fields, really made no situational QB throws that jump out, but still flashed amazing play-making ability. His first instinct is still, to pull down the ball and run, instead of his going through his progressions. Still want to see more situational throws from the pocket and can he throw off-platform. If and when Fields shows this, then I'll consider him a flawed prospect.

Right now, he's like a tentative Lamar Jackson, and rely on his legs, instead of progressing through his reads. If I'm Jacksonville, their new GM needs to a have a workout of Justin Fields before April 2021.
                    We need a guy like Sermon or Najee.

justin Fields would be a mistake for Jax. Has there ever been an Ohio State qb who was successful in the NFL?

Jax would be better off trading for Darnold after the Jets take Trevor

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Did Collins tweak his Hammy? Keeps grabbing. Lets see if he lines up over the TE when hes at OLB. Because SAM is where Nwosu was supposed to excell and its possibly a target for us. Thats why i like Parsons so much. He can play all 3. But i doubt we see Collins on the strongside very much.

Good zone coverage guy though.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chargers will be ahead of the Broncos in the draft order based on strength of schedule, for this week. Need to see what the rest of the 4 win teams do this week (Dallas, Carolina, Atlanta, Houston and Philly) to see what the new position will be. I think Dallas at home has a shot against the Niners, but the other games, look like all will be playing against playoff contenders.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We need a guy like Sermon or Najee.

justin Fields would be a mistake for Jax. Has there ever been an Ohio State qb who was successful in the NFL?

Jax would be better off trading for Darnold after the Jets take Trevor
                          I really like Najee. I doubt we use a highish pick on RB though. If we moved back and aquired another 2nd i wouldn't be upset with him in the mid to back 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                          X