• Send PM

Or Darrisaw

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Let me just say I don't want Penei Sewell. In 6 years, he’s going to want QB money, he’s going to want to be the highest paid OL in history. And I don't want to pay that much.

Give me Slater or Darrisaw or AVT who will be damn good but not bank breakers.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Let me just say I don't want Penei Sewell. In 6 years, he’s going to want QB money, he’s going to want to be the highest paid OL in history. And I don't want to pay that much.

Umm, not sure what to think about that.

First maybe we win two SBs during that time and second, he has to perform, third..... fleece somebody for picks if he wants 150 million.

Somebody will pay him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

I’ll take that kind of problem.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Umm, not sure what to think about that.

First maybe we win two SBs during that time and second, he has to perform, third..... fleece somebody for picks if he wants 150 million.

Somebody will pay him.
            Well said!
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

My choice would be Slater or AVT... even if Pitts, Parsons, or Surtain are there.

OT's will be flying off the board in the 1st and early 2nd rounds.
              There are good TE's in the draft into the later rounds. There are good CB's into the 4th round. And LB's are set... with need for depth.

Yes, I'm going with PON. But I think Slater/ATV are as talented as Pitts/Parsons/Surtain.

Comment

• eaterfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Why do you think they won't want more money than Sewell? Everyone wants the most money and who gets it depends on leverage. I assume you are saying this because we all kind of believe the best players at each position get paid the most. So although I don't accept that premise, if I were to accept it, that's still not a reason to not draft him. As others pointed out, you still get 5-7 years of him as a player before that happens. And just because he gets the most doesn't mean the others won't make a boatload, too. Look at what the top paying OTs are paid now. We're looking at a $1-3 million dollar difference between numbers on guys who sign within a year of each other. Tunsil, Bahktiari, Staley, and Williams are all now making between $23 and $20 million AAV. If you boil the argument down to its core it's "Sewll will play like a $30 million tackle and the others will play like a $27 million tackle so I'll save the value on the second contract by getting the $27 million a year tackle. But that argument neglects the $30 million a year of value you get compared to the $27 million a year you get for the first 5-7 years when the player is cost controlled. Sewell will also be younger than all the others when he signs his second contract and is a better bet to hold up for the length of it. I couldn't find Darrisaw's age or Slater's, but Sewell is 1.5 years younger than AVT and I think is even younger than that compared to the other two.

The key to getting a lower price is to sign an early extension. Sewell may be a better candidate for that than either Darrisaw or Slater as he is more of a West coast kid (from Utah but went to college at Oregon) and maybe he'll enjoy being reunited with Herbert and be happier to stay than to test FA. AVT is from Oakland and went to USC so he may also be happy to stay in LA. This could all be BS and we have no idea who cares the most about money and who cares about circumstances, but that's true all around. We don't know Sewell will want the break the bank contract and the others won't.

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Dean Spanos isn't cheap. Chargers fans are. lol

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Yes, but that's six years of fair use for premium tackle if it pans out. First four years are cheap until year 5 and then franchise tag for year 6. I'd take that problem. That is a very manageable problem to have versus Herbert's pending new contract if he continues to perform for the next two years. That's a much bigger problem. LOL!

:beer:
                    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

:fight:

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Go for left tackle with great feet and footwork like this rooster or hand punch and long wingspan, da cat?

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Slater is overrated.... without Jeremiah, he'd still be a second rounder/borderline first.

a tackle @13 is not the best pick for this team going forward.

Villanueva or another FA LT will do until the draft and talent match up for us next @LT.
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X