• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he is that good - trade back into the first round and take him at 20 or whatever. If the guy seems like he can be a LT for the next 5-8 years - just pick him. Don't worry about value. But get the pick correct.
    I want to trade up for Sewell, imo he is the only LT worth a first round pick. To me i see slater and and tucker as guards. And Little even tho hes great hes injury prone. And darrisaw just looks lazy. So to me id trade up for Sewell as option A, option b is to trade back and take either slater or Tucker to play guard. Option 3. Stay put and take a corner or parson. Bpa

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

So Walker had his pro day. 5.28 40 compared to Slater 4.88. Strength??? Walker threw down 24 reps in the BP while Slater did 33. Heck......Adebo, his team mate and a CB to boot threw out 18, only 6 behind Walker.

First round?????

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
        So Walker had his pro day. 5.28 40 compared to Slater 4.88. Strength??? Walker threw down 24 reps in the BP while Slater did 33. Heck......Adebo, his team mate and a CB to boot threw out 18, only 6 behind Walker.

First round?????
        I am waiting for Slater to get to 10 or 11, calling the Giants and offering the comp pick third and the TN 6th and see if they bite.

If Slater gets to 10 - I am not concerned with the Giants or Niners taking him - more concerned with a team trading up ahead of the Chargers

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

I don't know...

Weddle
          Waddle

Just makes more sense to me now.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

First round?????
            In a straight line race I’ll give you Slater beats Little.

Yes 1st round. His metrics are elite/near elite in agility/size and his tape matches.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Not to mention it’s impressive to be so agile at Little’s size
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1993 View Post

I want to trade up for Sewell, imo he is the only LT worth a first round pick. To me i see slater and and tucker as guards. And Little even tho hes great hes injury prone. And darrisaw just looks lazy. So to me id trade up for Sewell as option A, option b is to trade back and take either slater or Tucker to play guard. Option 3. Stay put and take a corner or parson. Bpa
                Slater's best position may be OG, but perhaps it's still worth taking him at 13 if he can be a good LT. He's clearly athletic, he's shown he can play LT and did well against Chase Young, and LT is one of the greatest positions of need on a team. Plus, if we get him, we can eventually start the 'Slater to LG' thread as the spiritual successor of the 'Jammer to safety' thread that a few of us from the old board might remember.

Now, I think Slater is gone before 13 and it's a moot point, but I for one will be quite pleased with Slater at 13 and will still be cool AVT and even Darrisaw at 13.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

Slater is no longer a priority for the OL.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    Slater is no longer a priority for the OL.
                    How?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Slater's best position may be OG, but perhaps it's still worth taking him at 13 if he can be a good LT. He's clearly athletic, he's shown he can play LT and did well against Chase Young, and LT is one of the greatest positions of need on a team. Plus, if we get him, we can eventually start the 'Slater to LG' thread as the spiritual successor of the 'Jammer to safety' thread that a few of us from the old board might remember.

Now, I think Slater is gone before 13 and it's a moot point, but I for one will be quite pleased with Slater at 13 and will still be cool AVT and even Darrisaw at 13.
                      If most are considering Slater a guard he should be there at 13 I would think.

Comment

• charger1993
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I wont be upset with picking slater, i just see him translating to a guard rather than a tackle, when i watched the tape he just didnt look like he had the feet of a left tackle.. And true it would be a good successor to jammer to safety thread, but tbh if im going after a tackle in the first 2 rounds its either sewell or little for me. Now for guards its slater, avt, wyatt davis "not in the first" and as for darrisaw i don't want him, his tape just screams lazy.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

In a straight line race I’ll give you Slater beats Little.

Yes 1st round. His metrics are elite/near elite in agility/size and his tape matches.
                          Pro days and the combine are tools in the chest...but they are not the ONLY tools by which we judge talent. There is the game tape, the stats, and impact a player has on his teammates, so many other factors. Personally, I weigh game performance and stats above the other metrics...

Comment

Working...
                          X