Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

The farm?
    If you are good and in post season, then those are bottom of rd picks.
    And we don't know who those picks will be and if they pan out or are even kept once hitting free agency, Seriously, it's just a few picks that could easily end up these players Fluker, Gordon, Verrett, Attachou, Teo, Henry, Lamp, Perryman, Watt, Mager, Tuerk.
    That is Three 1sts, Five 2nds and three 3rds.

Chargers front office isn't exactly nailing picks or resiging their own at a high clip. They are just as likely, maybe even a bit more likeky to get some subpar farm hands with those picks. And then having to go hire free agents to upgrade.

Scared money makes no money.

​​​​​Risk it. Get that Biscuit!

:beer:
    Or 47 could end up being Javonte Williams, or Eric Stokes and possibly even Walker Little and then we have NO 1st rounder the next two years. Sewell while a good player isnt the consensus best OT in this draft. If he were far and away the best then you got a point.

Wouldnt it make more sense to draft say Horn, or one of the other CBs if they are there, or even a Edge rusher and then trade back up for Little? Doing that would be less as far as trading draft picks. Or even trade up 2 or 3 spots for Slater , who MAY fall to us if these QBs are going to go like they say.

You never know what is going to happen in this years draft.

I mean geez, you wanted to trade multiple picks for a kicker. You like trading picks lol

You are right, you dont know about those other players/picks and just like Robert Gallery, ......Sewell believe it or not isnt a sure thing.
    Lamp and Feeney were top OL in that OL weak draft. This draft isnt a weak OL draft.

A lot of you act like Telesco dont draft well but hey, many teams dont draft that well but hit on key guys here and there. Take a look for yourselves. KC for instance only has Mahomes left on their team from 2017 and their 2nd round pick, i dont even know who he is. 2018 looks even worse. Telesco does as well or better than many other teams.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Or 47 could end up being Javonte Williams, or Eric Stokes and possibly even Walker Little and then we have NO 1st rounder the next two years. Sewell while a good player isnt the consensus best OT in this draft. If he were far and away the best then you got a point.

Wouldnt it make more sense to draft say Horn, or one of the other CBs if they are there, or even a Edge rusher and then trade back up for Little? Doing that would be less as far as trading draft picks.

I mean geez, you wanted to trade multiple picks for a kicker.

You are right, you dont know about those other players/picks and just like Robert Gallery, ......Sewell believe it or not isnt a sure thing.
      Lamp and Feeney were top OL in that OL weak draft. This draft isnt a weak OL draft.
      I hear you.
      I'm just saying if scouts are confident that Sewell-OT is highly likely to be a pro bowl left tackle for years. Then make the move. You always have free agency to make up for it. And other picks like Little, Williams or Stokes may or may not become great or good as well and may be off the board. And will they be on the roster helping Justin year after year for 15 seasons.
      I do understand that more bets, more picks increases odds one of them becomes a long term starter. But I really do believe Sewell-OT is a very safe bet long term.
      I do like Horn and I do not think Williams or Stokes will be there at #47. And Little may be there, But then that is a guess as it is possible that none of your favorite prospects will still be there at #47 picks.

So you get one from your cluster at #13 and then none of your #47 cluster and have to go plan B at 47. There is risk either either way.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I hear you.
        I'm just saying if scouts are confident that Sewell-OT is highly likely to be a pro bowl left tackle for years. Then make the move. You always have free agency to make up for it. And other picks like Little, Williams or Stokes may or may not become great or good as well and may be off the board. And will they be on the roster helping Justin year after year for 15 seasons.
        I do understand that more bets, more picks increases odds one of them becomes a long term starter. But I really do believe Sewell-OT is a very safe bet long term.
        I do like Horn and I do not think Williams or Stokes will be there at #47. And Little may be there, But then that is a guess as it is possible that none of your favorite prospects will still be there at #47 picks.

So you get one from your cluster at #13 and then none of your #47 cluster and have to go plan B at 47. There is risk either either way.
        My major concern for not trading up - well besides I think the team has so many needs based on who currently is on the roster in the last year of their contract in 2021 - is I don't trust Telesco in terms of who he is trading up for. Murray might turn out well - but his other choices have not worked out. I would prefer Telesco, the scouts and coaches do their jobs and identify other players that can play LT, Marcus McNeil was a second round pick.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2020
          • Send PM

I keep getting a stadium pic when I try to navigate the website. Is there something wrong with the site?

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post
            I keep getting a stadium pic when I try to navigate the website. Is there something wrong with the site?
            Yep...same for all of us

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep...same for all of us
              Oh ok. At first, I couldn't get in at all... I wondered if I got banned or some s***. Anyway, thanks for letting me know, Jolt

Comment

• JOJAX85
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Irmo, SC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My major concern for not trading up - well besides I think the team has so many needs based on who currently is on the roster in the last year of their contract in 2021 - is I don't trust Telesco in terms of who he is trading up for. Murray might turn out well - but his other choices have not worked out. I would prefer Telesco, the scouts and coaches do their jobs and identify other players that can play LT, Marcus McNeil was a second round pick.
                Sewell is the only 1 I would trade up for.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Sewell is the only 1 I would trade up for.
                  If moving up four spots, to swap picks with Denver (already have their CB in Fuller) they might just accept the Chargers 3rd pick #77 (works on trade value matrix board). Hell YEAH!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Irmo, SC
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

If moving up four spots, to swap picks with Denver (already have their CB in Fuller) they might just accept the Chargers 3rd pick #77 (works on trade value matrix board). Hell YEAH!
                    Sewell will be gone by then. I think we'd have to jump Atlanta. Most certainly Cinncy.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

How are you guys posting? Was the site not down for you?

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I did something very similar to this last night and ended up with Eichenberg
                        I would be very surprised if Eichenberg made it passed the Chiefs @#31.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL....your challenge sucks!!

I'm sure we can do better than Jackson Carmen...don't sweat your results...
                          LOL... the result (Carman) sucked. But the challenge itself is worthwhile... dare I say... illuminating.

Comment

Working...
                          X