6.Phi, Slater-OL
    7.Det, Smith-WR
    8.Car, Fields-QB
    9.Den, Wilson-QB
    10.Dal, Horn-CB
    11.Nyg, Parsons-LB
    12.Sf, Farley-CB
    13 Lac, ????
    I draft OT Alijah Vera-Tucker for a perfect fit in my new outside zone blocking scheme... and I happily move on to the 2nd round.

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We need to retain one of Tevi, Pipkins, Norton, at least, for depth.

We can shoot for the moon at IOL.
      ​​​​​
      From zero to almost adequate in a few short days...feels good, don't it 'Roo ?

We've got a long month for further hashing out of who to draft or not.
      It does feel good. The new guys in the middle will help both Herbert and the RB's. We're close to finally having a good o line!

I think we should retain Tevi. He improved last season and he's played both OT positions, in fact he's had a year as a starter in each of them. That makes him a valuable swing man.

I kind of think Feeney should be retained too - he's not great but I/m thinking he'd be a good backup since he can play both OG and OC.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Boltgang74

Hey man do you see these icons on your phone? Both of these locations are where you would upload or attach a file in firefox.

IMG_0648.PNG

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

So what makes you believe that Slater is a tackle and AVT is a guard...?

I doubt your 2nd-round cluster makes it to the 2nd round. Little, Mayfield, and Hudson are the only ones that make it to #47 regularly. I think highly enough of Little to predict that goes before the #47th pick. Mayfield and Hudson are development projects that mean taking a huge reach @#47 with ooodles and ooodles of better players, at other positions, still on the board. No way in hell am I passing up a good CB, S, DL, Edge, RB for the likes of Mayfield... In fact, most of my 3rd round cluster is better than Mayfield.
          Production and tape and experience....and that whole cluster wont make it, but at least one will. You are assumming all your supposed tackle needy teams are gonna spend a high pick on tackle...like they have no other big needs. 4 to 5 tackles will go before we pick...6 if you count RT Jenkins.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

It does feel good. The new guys in the middle will help both Herbert and the RB's. We're close to finally having a good o line!

I think we should retain Tevi. He improved last season and he's played both OT positions, in fact he's had a year as a starter in each of them. That makes him a valuable swing man.

I kind of think Feeney should be retained too - he's not great but I/m thinking he'd be a good backup since he can play both OG and OC.

He signed with the jets a few days ago!

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

There are lots of pundits and places....like Jeremiah that have Mayfield in the first round. You say he is a reach at #47?

He isnt on my radar but i dont agree with that.
              I just don't see Mayfield as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

If we're relying on pundits, Brandon Thorn has Alijah Vera-Tucker rated as his #3 OT... ahead of Rashawn Slater... behind only Sewell and Jenkins.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                [/B][/I]

He signed with the jets a few days ago!
                It may not have been a good idea anyway!

Can't tell the players without a scorecard!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Trade with a team wanting a QB. NE is drafting a QB. And a team will want to get in front of them at 15. Or maybe the Pats trade with us just to keep that from happening. 15 and 46 and they get Lance or Jones. Lance is sort of a natural transition into that Cam offense. But Jones is a nice fit in that former Brady offense. Only move back 2 spots.
                  Trade with a vengeance down under these circumstances. Pick-up another second rounder or possibly multiple picks in addition.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

How many on your OT list fit Lombardi's outside zone...?

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Anyone think Creed Humphrey is still a possible selection( 2nd round or later), even with the signing of Linsley?
                      I generally don't like moving guys off their position, but that kid just seems like a mauler! I'd be happy having him as the first back up behind any of the 3 interior line spots( you know someone on that front 5 will go down at some point)

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Boltgang74

Hey man do you see these icons on your phone? Both of these locations are where you would upload or attach a file in firefox.

IMG_0648.PNG
                        When I try it states I dont have permission to view this page or somthin like that?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I just don't see Mayfield as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

If we're relying on pundits, Brandon Thorn has Alijah Vera-Tucker rated as his #3 OT... ahead of Rashawn Slater... behind only Sewell and Jenkins.
                          Just tells me he is a good player, but I wouldn't pick him ahead of Slater.
                          There are some,.... most that say he can probably play LT but then say his BEST possition is OG but who knows, maybe he will be fine at LT. We'll see how he moves at his pro day.
                          Sports Info solutions say Darrisaw is likely better suited for RT.

Nobody is all in agreement on everyone. Just like I think Trey Lance will be a bust but we don't need a QB so I don't care and hope someone picks him ahead of us.

Comment

Working...
                          X