• 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Alright, here's the Nutty Challenge...

1. List your top-10 OT's (if you believe that short arms exclude a player from playing OT... then don't list them).
    2. List all of the teams that you believe could/should draft an OT in the 1st/2nd round.
    3. See who's left @#47.
    4. Embrace them.

I'll start...

1. Sewell
    2. Slater
    3. AVT
    4. Eichenberg
    5. Darrisaw
    6. Cosmi
    7. Little
    8. Radunz
    9. Jenkins
    10. Carman

1. Mia
    2. LAC
    3. Min
    4. Pit
    5. Indy
    6. Ten
    7. GB
    8. KC
    9. Den
    10. LV

And with the 47th pick, the Chargers embrace Jackson Carmen!
    I did something very similar to this last night and ended up with Eichenberg
    I realized I’m getting crucified for having 3 straight golden domers, believe me, I’m not proud of it haha
    Eichenberg is like Wood describes, high floor/low ceiling and I think he’ll be there at 47
    I also realized I was under rating Tremble’s athleticism in space and as soon as he gets some decent coaching, will be able to run decent NFL routes.
    I previously thought he was a slug brought in for blocking but there is big potential there.
    Finally, JOK is my derwin insurance so we can run a similar defense despite James missing time
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

1. List your top-10 OT's (if you believe that short arms exclude a player from playing OT... then don't list them).
      2. List all of the teams that you believe could/should draft an OT in the 1st/2nd round.
      3. See who's left @#47.
      4. Embrace them.

I'll start...

1. Sewell
      2. Slater
      3. AVT
      4. Eichenberg
      5. Darrisaw
      6. Cosmi
      7. Little
      8. Radunz
      9. Jenkins
      10. Carman

1. Mia
      2. LAC
      3. Min
      4. Pit
      5. Indy
      6. Ten
      7. GB
      8. KC
      9. Den
      10. LV

LOL....your challenge sucks!!

I'm sure we can do better than Jackson Carmen...don't sweat your results...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They can go get him. It's all about want to.

If they need to move up to Jets #2 it will cost quite a bit.
        #13, #47, 2022 1st, 2023 1st .
        But if your getting a franchise Left Tackle for next decade then you have to pay a premium.

Now if Sewell is there at Falcons #4, then the cost goes down.
        #13, #47, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd.

​​​​​I'd be shocked if he wasn't picked in top 5. But if he got to Eagles #6
        #13, #47, 2022 1st.

And if he fell to Panthers #8
        #13, #47, #97.

Somehow was still there at Dallas #10
        #13, #47

All of these overpay vs draft Chart because I think teams won't move down without that extra.
        But I also look at it as you can buy a proven vet to make up for the draft picks. And looking at Chargers off season they have allowed former draft picks to walk in free agency like Henry, Perryman, Lamp and Feeney. That's three 2nds and 3rd.
        And replaced many of them with free agents veterans.

​​​​​​So I don't look at trading picks as mortgaging the future when there are other ways to bring in talent. Free agency and also Chargers are always good for a udfa gem each year. And you still have all the other picks to find talent.
        The future is now.
        I think if he gets to the Panthers - thats where it starts getting interesting for me. Otherwise- Telesco, Staley and the coaches need to start doing their job and identify alternatives to Sewell or if need be Slater at 13. The Broncos having Callahan, Darby and Fuller might take them out of the CB market. I think unless they trade for DeShaun - than QB comes into play for the Broncos.

I still am more comfortable sitting at 13 because the Chargers have too many long term needs to give up so much draft capital for one player. I go back to the same message, Telesco and the coaches need to figure out, and not over draft like Fluker - but maybe its Walker Little at 13 or Darrisaw or Tucker and draft, coach a player. I think there is still a good chance Slater or one of the two CBs will be there at 13. Both would be players that are not overdrafted but fill needs.

Comment

• bman6555
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

3. See who's left @#47.
          4. Embrace them.

I'll start...

1. Sewell
          2. Slater
          3. AVT
          4. Eichenberg
          5. Darrisaw
          6. Cosmi
          7. Little
          8. Radunz
          9. Jenkins
          10. Carman

1. Mia
          2. LAC
          3. Min
          4. Pit
          5. Indy
          6. Ten
          7. GB
          8. KC
          9. Den
          10. LV

You've got a bit too many teams going tackle, there will not be a third of the league going for an OT round 1/2. In the last decade by the end of 2nd the most amount of tackles drafted is 9 and average is 6-7, and if you go to just pick#47 the most is 7, with the average being 5-6, that leaves us plenty of options.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

1. Sewell
            2. Slater
            3. Little
            4. Jenkins
            5. Cosmi
            6. Darrisaw
            7. Eichenberg
            8. Radunz
            9. Mayfield
            10. Hudson

AVT is a guard. That's just my view. As for the teams who need a tackle...hard to judge whether need to take a tackle, plus willingness or history to spend a high pick on a tackle, will factor in, and with which teams. I'm just thinking, when I factor in other players that those teams you listed might take, I think you get 4-5 tackles taken by 47...my cluster would be Cosmi, Darrisaw, and Eichenberg...plus Little, who I think falls regardless of where I have him ranked. I can live with that cluster.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              1. Sewell
              2. Slater
              3. Little
              4. Jenkins
              5. Cosmi
              6. Darrisaw
              7. Eichenberg
              8. Radunz
              9. Mayfield
              10. Hudson

AVT is a guard. That's just my view. As for the teams who need a tackle...hard to judge whether need to take a tackle, plus willingness or history to spend a high pick on a tackle, will factor in, and with which teams. I'm just thinking, when I factor in other players that those teams you listed might take, I think you get 4-5 tackles taken by 47...my cluster would be Cosmi, Darrisaw, and Eichenberg...plus Little, who I think falls regardless of where I have him ranked. I can live with that cluster.
              Little, Darrisaw after Slater and Sewell.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

They can go get him. It's all about want to.

If they need to move up to Jets #2 it will cost quite a bit.
                #13, #47, 2022 1st, 2023 1st .
                But if your getting a franchise Left Tackle for next decade then you have to pay a premium.

Now if Sewell is there at Falcons #4, then the cost goes down.
                #13, #47, 2022 1st, 2023 2nd.

​​​​​I'd be shocked if he wasn't picked in top 5. But if he got to Eagles #6
                #13, #47, 2022 1st.

And if he fell to Panthers #8
                #13, #47, #97.

Somehow was still there at Dallas #10
                #13, #47

All of these overpay vs draft Chart because I think teams won't move down without that extra.
                But I also look at it as you can buy a proven vet to make up for the draft picks. And looking at Chargers off season they have allowed former draft picks to walk in free agency like Henry, Perryman, Lamp and Feeney. That's three 2nds and 3rd.
                And replaced many of them with free agents veterans.

​​​​​​So I don't look at trading picks as mortgaging the future when there are other ways to bring in talent. Free agency and also Chargers are always good for a udfa gem each year. And you still have all the other picks to find talent.
                The future is now.
                If he is there @ 10, im not offering our #47. One of the thirds should be just fine. Im sure not trading away all those picks though. Id just draft Slater, Sewell isnt THAT much better....and if you ask Jeremiah, he isnt better at all. Zeirlein has them about even.

So yes, good player, love to have him but not trading the farm.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Anybody else having trouble clicking on Notifications and getting just a background? Navigating around is difficult right now. Clicking on the Chargers forum i also get just a background...no forum.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Anybody else having trouble clicking on Notifications and getting just a background? Navigating around is difficult right now. Clicking on the Chargers forum i also get just a background...no forum.
                    yes.... same thing,
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

If he is there @ 10, im not offering our #47. One of the thirds should be just fine. Im sure not trading away all those picks though. Id just draft Slater, Sewell isnt THAT much better....and if you ask Jeremiah, he isnt better at all. So yes, good player, love to have him but not trading the farm.He isnt a QB.
                      The farm?
                      If you are good and in post season, then those are bottom of rd picks.
                      And we don't know who those picks will be and if they pan out or are even kept once hitting free agency, Seriously, it's just a few picks that could easily end up these players Fluker, Gordon, Verrett, Attachou, Teo, Henry, Lamp, Perryman, Watt, Mager, Tuerk.
                      That is Three 1sts, Five 2nds and three 3rds.

Chargers front office isn't exactly nailing picks or resiging their own at a high clip. They are just as likely, maybe even a bit more likeky to get some subpar farm hands with those picks. And then having to go hire free agents to upgrade.

Scared money makes no money.

​​​​​Risk it. Get that Biscuit!

:beer:

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Yep. Think the main link in is glitched out.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Same here.

Comment

Working...
                          X