Could we even see this:
    1-QB
    2-QB
    3-QB
    4-QB
    5-QB

With perhaps a Mond, Trask or Miles rising hard

I think we could.
    I don’t see the bengals giving up that #5 spot, but probably 5QBs going in the top 8. And I think Davis Mills may have jumped in front of Mond and Trask.

Maybe that’s who you meant by ‘Miles’.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      I don’t see the bengals giving up that #5 spot, but probably 5QBs going in the top 8. And I think Davis Mills may have jumped in front of Mond and Trask.

Agree...after what happened to Burrow last year with that injury, if the Bungles don't stay @#5 and draft Sewell, there will be people with pitchforks out in Cincy...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Yep, even if all of them had zero medical histories, it’d still be a tight race. They all look like NFL CB1s to me. Hopefully we’ll get a choice between two of them, but I wouldn’t count on it.
        If we didn't have so many injuries like we have had to our top guys like Derwin, it wouldn't bother me as much. Just trying be be more cautious. Seriously though either one is a good get. Just prefer the healthier guys lol.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Agree...after what happened to Burrow last year with that injury, if the Bungles don't stay @#5 and draft Sewell, there will be people with pitchforks out in Cincy...
          Depends if Miami is look to get a QB or not. Would you make the trade if you where the Bengals to trade down 1 spot?

Would you pull a Chargers-Giants move, draft the 5th QB on behalf of Miami, and then trade the guy to Miami to get their 6th pick and ensure you got Sewell (that way the Dolphins couldn't screw you)?

Comment

• bman6555
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

They signed Reiff and have Jonah Williams on the other side, I could see them getting Burrow his old weapon in Chase or a new one in Pitts, and getting a developmental tackle later.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Depends if Miami is look to get a QB or not. Would you make the trade if you where the Bengals to trade down 1 spot?

Would you pull a Chargers-Giants move, draft the 5th QB on behalf of Miami, and then trade the guy to Miami to get their 6th pick and ensure you got Sewell (that way the Dolphins couldn't screw you)?
              It would be a calculated risk...imagine the reaction in Cincy if they traded down a spot or two, thinking the trading partner will go QB, then they pull a fast one and grab Sewell...pitchfork time...

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

If there is a team that wants a 5th QB at #5...are the Bengals going to turn down a king's ransom to hold there? I doubt it. the question is: Do one of the remaining hungry QB teams want a QB there? I now believe so. I suspect an offer like trading down to 8/Panthers could be available.

QB hungry teams aren't going to sit waiting and hoping this year. I'm calling it now: 5 QBs in first 5 picks.

Yes Mills. Typo.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

They signed Reiff and have Jonah Williams on the other side, I could see them getting Burrow his old weapon in Chase or a new one in Pitts, and getting a developmental tackle later.
                  I suppose the Reiff signing helps, but I would think they'll play it safe and get quality depth in case someone goes down with an injury...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

If there is a team that wants a 5th QB at #5...are the Bengals going to turn down a king's ransom to hold there? I doubt it. the question is: Do one of the remaining hungry QB teams want a QB there? I now believe so. I suspect an offer like trading down to 8/Panthers could be available.

QB hungry teams aren't going to sit waiting and hoping this year. I'm calling it now: 5 QBs in first 5 picks.

Yes Mills. Typo.
                    Mel Kiper kind of agrees with you...

kiper.JPG

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

Agreed.
                      I will say it again.
                      Burrow was injured as a result of inside pressure.
                      Chase at #5.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
                        I will say it again.
                        Chase at #5.
                        In that case, maybe a tradedown for Cincy makes sense...get an extra pick and get IOL in either round 1 or 2...then double dip later...I still think if they pass on Sewell, it may backfire on them in more ways than one...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agreed.
                          I will say it again.
                          Chase at #5.
                          Been calling that for weeks...can I have some props this time?:whistlin:
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X