• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

I was hoping, the drama leading up to free agency would bear more fruit. One thing that didn’t happen is Mike Williams was not get traded along with his 15 million cap hit that could have been exchanged for OBJ and lesser than #13 overall pick. This path way could have secured the Chargers a proven franchise left tackle and still selected Jaycee Horn. Now I’d eat that contract and 13th pick for OBJ. Feel boxed in, but still the right play.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Do we try another project prospect?
      Do we invest a high pick in an OT prospect that can be our starting OLT from day 1 or wait yet again?
      Agree.
      Probably not a bad time to adjust your sig mock, though.

Spencer Brown (and maybe Larnel too) will be good players one day. But probably not day 1.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Agree.
        Probably not a bad time to adjust your sig mock, though.

Spencer Brown (and maybe Larnel too) will be good players one day. But probably not day 1.
        Thanks. I’ll take it under advisement. My final big board rankings and mock will be up in about a week after inputting the pro day metrics to finish my modeling.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Our continued failure at assembling a quality OL will be a constant reminder of our missteps to address the issues when presented opportunity.
          Is this the draft where we finally address the glaring roster hole with a premier talent?
          Do we invest a high pick in an OT prospect that can be our starting OLT from day 1 or wait yet again?
          Love your latest mock ninja.
          Skill level...advanced.

Now, why am I being pulled in the direction of Darrisaw ?
          Oh, let it be AVT, please.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Our continued failure at assembling a quality OL will be a constant reminder of our missteps to address the issues when presented opportunity.
            Is this the draft where we finally address the glaring roster hole with a premier talent?
            I see two things
            1) the Chargers putting a premium on Left Tackle in this draft. And for me, thats no latter than pick 47 in R2

2) its identifying the right player to play LEFT tackle as well. I mean just because somebody played LT in college doesn't mean they are LT in the pro's. Forrest Lamp, I think COdy Whitehair, Dalton Risner all played LT in college.

So this is where Telesco and Staley have the most work to do. Identify the player they feel can be Left Tackle. Will say it again, my guy is Costonzo. Finding a guy that compares to Costonzo

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Skill level...advanced.

If the Charger’s FO has been satisfied with Darrisaw’s interview answers then he’d be an excellent pick.
              The question I have about Darrisaw isn’t talent, he’s chalked full of physical skills.
              This is the year, finally, when prospect talent, depth, and our draft slot align to select a premier OLT prospect.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Darrisaw looks like Ryan Clady without the finish. Good knee bend, smooth hips, feet fine but combination of all these natural talents are not polished or fully developed. So to me he will take time and a lot of coaching up. Not sure how the interview went or if any coaching was involved? He is not a technician but he does have the physical attributes you look for to polish. Can he be polished is the 100 million dollar question? I fear we may find out firsthand.

Slater I have no issue with, size be dammed, he is a technician, in fact total opposite of Darrisaw.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
                  Darrisaw looks like Ryan Clady without the finish. Good knee bend, smooth hips, feet fine but combination of all these natural talents are not polished or fully developed. So to me he will take time and a lot of coaching up. Not sure how the interview went or if any coaching was involved? He is not a technician but he does have the physical attributes you look for to polish. Can he be polished is the 100 million dollar question? I fear we may find out firsthand.

Slater I have no issue with, size be dammed, he is a technician, in fact total opposite of Darrisaw.
                  When compared to Slater, every OT in this draft lacks technical polish. But Darrisaw is already a better technician than most of the LTs in the second round (except maybe Eichenberg, who lacks length and athleticism). Darrisaw’s certainly a better technician than Cosmi.

What Darrisaw lacks is situational awareness. Hopefully this can be coached up.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Ask KC how important offensive tackles are...
                    He did say depth was important. KC lost BOTH starting tackles, one the game before the super bowl, and had two of their best interior lineman sitting out the season.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Skill level...advanced.

Jeremiah thinks AVT-Rex is one of the "safest" players in the draft...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I don’t blame Bradley for that loss given the amount of bodies he lacked on defense. I do blame Whiz since we had everyone we needed on offense.
                        New England scored 35 1rst half points without the benefit of the Charger O turning the ball over.
                        No offense on the planet could have overcome that disaster: KC scored fewer 1rst half points the following week against that Cheatriot D.
                        You had the 2018 versions of Bosa, James, Ingram & Hayward at your disposal. King and Phillips were nice players; Liuget, Jones, Philon were decent enough.
                        Play ingram and James at linebacker if you are too crippled there to compete.

In all seriousness, Elmer Fudd could have been the defensive coordinator out there that day and the defense would have
                        done no worse. When you can't stop anyone, and refuse to change things up....just stick your chin out there and take straight rights the entire half....good God!

Gosh! What do you do now?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

New England scored 35 1rst half points without the benefit of the Charger O turning the ball over.
                          No offense on the planet could have overcome that disaster: KC scored fewer 1rst half points the following week against that Cheatriot D.
                          You had the 2018 versions of Bosa, James, Ingram & Hayward at your disposal. King and Phillips were nice players; Liuget, Jones, Philon were decent enough.
                          Play ingram and James at linebacker if you are too crippled there to compete.

In all seriousness, Elmer Fudd could have been the defensive coordinator out there that day and the defense would have
                          down no worse. When you can't stop anyone, and refuse to change things up....just stick your chin out there and take straight rights the entire half....good God!
                          Yep...and this is precisely what Chuckie gets to look at this coming season...

Comment

Working...
                          X