• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

4 QBs....it's all but written in stone. That leaves 9 players til #13....

Top 2 tackles= Sewell, Slater
    Top OLB=Parsons
    Top 2 playmakers=Chase, Pitts
    Top 2 CBs=Surtain, Farley
    Top Safety=Moerig
    Top Edge=Phillips
    Top coverage LB=Koramoah

That's 10. That's my "Clusta". Knock on wood, I can't see how we can dick it up...I think I'm gonna be a happy Charger's fan 4 weeks from this thursday....:rasta:
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

His name is Stone Forsythe.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Pretty cool name, but how’s his lateral agility?
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          Definite UDFA and practice squad guy. Good competition for Storm and Pip.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Pretty cool name, but how’s his lateral agility?
            It's OK. I think he's a RT. Here's a 2019 tape @ LT but he's also played RT. Looooong arms.
            I posted his name and tape 3 months ago as a sleeper. No one was impressed back then.

Starting Lineman:#72 LT Stone Forsythe#61 LG Brett Heggie#66 C Nick Buchanan#67 RG Chris Bleich#56 RT Jean Delance

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why? I have Jones as a first rounder. Not Mond, Not Lance but I have Jones ranked 16th but that means nothing to GMs.
              I may have confused you for someone
              all good fun
              I like Simms and not just for the bold takes
              He’ll be a GM one day if he aspires to be
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Chargers Prospect Interview: Illinois OL Kendrick Green

Gavino Borquez
                March 24, 2021 2:26 pm
                I was fortunate enough to sit down and talk to former Illinois guard Kendrick Green to pick his brain and get an inside look at his mindset going into this year’s draft.
                Vitals

Height | 6-4

Weight | 315

College Bio Page
                Overview

Green was recruited as a defensive tackle but switched to the offensive line as a redshirt freshman. Green started 33 games for the Illini, with 29 games at left guard and four at center. This past season, he was named USA TODAY second team All-America and All-Big Ten first team.

Green has good movement skills, is as durable as it gets and plays with a nasty disposition. While his pass protection is still a work in progress, he has the foot quickness, core strength and explosiveness up front to be impactful.

Green projects to be a strong contributor inside, either at center or guard. It may take him a year to carve up a starting role, but given his physical tools and willingness to take it to his opponents in the passing and running game, he profiles well to the next level.

Describe your time working with Duke Manyweather, the leading expert on NFL offensive linemen.
                I’m really enjoying it. Duke is one of the best at what he does and he’s taught me a lot. There’s a great group of guys out here, too.

You leave Illinois for the next level as an experienced interior offensive linemen. You really were one of the leaders of that offense. How does that experience serve you well going forward?
                Being a leader you learn as you go to become a better teammate than you already are. Also, getting the trust from the guys in the locker room is a big thing for me, as well.

What do you enjoy the most about playing on the offensive line?
                I like being a part of a wave, ya know? A unit, but of multiple parts. I think that’s the best part, but you get to play physical at all times.

Most of your experience has come at left guard, but you’ve played center. What do you feel is your best position at the next level?
                I think I play both very well. I’ve been working on both in my training, snapping the football and working on some guard stuff, as well. Wherever a team wants me, I going to play at 110%.

Is there one scheme that fits you best?
                Honestly, I can play in zone schemes. I can play in gap schemes. I can do a lot very well.

What’s your favorite way to demoralize your opponent?
                Try to take him into that deep water. Just wear him out the whole game, play through the whistle and break their spirit. I like to talk a lot on the field, too. I’m a big talker.

How do you react if someone delivers a late hit on your quarterback?
                Gotta go get him back, in between the whistle.

Do you have a preferred pass set?
                Not really. I do a little bit of everything.

What kind of impact is Kendrick Green going to make at the next level?
                I am going to bring a sense of competitiveness and dependability. I want to be a guy for a team who can be plugged in right away and not have to worry about the position until my career is over

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

It's OK. I think he's a RT. Here's a 2019 tape @ LT but he's also played RT. Looooong arms.
                  I posted his name and tape 3 months ago as a sleeper. No one was impressed back then.

Starting Lineman:#72 LT Stone Forsythe#61 LG Brett Heggie#66 C Nick Buchanan#67 RG Chris Bleich#56 RT Jean Delance
                  His arms do look long. But the thing that kept jumping out at me was an inability to keep balanced and maintain contact/correct positioning after his initial punch. That’s a symptomatic of slow, sloppy and/or uncoordinated footwork.
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I may have confused you for someone
                    all good fun
                    I like Simms and not just for the bold takes
                    He’ll be a GM one day if he aspires to be
                    If he is right in his takes he just might. Or certainly at least be NFLN's new guy like Mayock was. But not having Horn as a top 5 CB is a test for him and having Surtain #2 because of his speed isn't sub 4.4.

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                      4 QBs....it's all but written in stone. That leaves 9 players til #13....

Top 2 tackles= Sewell, Slater
                      Top OLB=Parsons
                      Top 2 playmakers=Chase, Pitts
                      Top 2 CBs=Surtain, Farley
                      Top Safety=Moerig
                      Top Edge=Phillips
                      Top coverage LB=Koramoah

That's 10. That's my "Clusta". Knock on wood, I can't see how we can dick it up...I think I'm gonna be a happy Charger's fan 4 weeks from this thursday....:rasta:
                      I think Farley, JOK, Moerig, Phillips, and possibly Parsons all slide past 13.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I think Farley, JOK, Moerig, Phillips, and possibly Parsons all slide past 13.
                        Would be amazing !

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think Tyler Shelvin is the type of NT we are looking for. Those days of the typical ol 3-4 for us w/ Staley are gone....and we wont be playing a 3-4 base all that often but player personel will dictate that more. But from what he did last year, id say no and has been spelled out in here often.
                          ...not just our pops' 3-4 from the Wade days, but a Staley 3-4. Meaning we can change up as needed. Problem is we can't run an effective 3-4 if needed to which sort of limits our hybridation. Then again Gus with a 3-4 is like giving a millennials and generation Z folks a manual stick shift and an extra pedal. To win the SB you have to get past KC. To beat KC you have to defend them. Consider this....
                          • vs. Chargers: 51 percent success rate vs. 3-3-5 (33 snaps), 45 percent vs. 3-4 (11 snaps) Year where we beat them in Arrowhead.
                          • vs. Steelers: 58 percent success rate vs. 2-3-6 (19 snaps), 29 percent vs. 3-4 (14 snaps)
                          https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10...ts-tyreek-hill

"watch previous film that they've played in their playoff games against 3-4 teams and understanding how they're potentially going to come out against us." - Ndamukong Suh
                          https://www.buccaneers.com/news/defe...sblv-media-day

To beat Andy Reid you have to start playing chess on the field. You have to make in-game changes. A 3-4 opens more of the playbook for you defensively. I'm not saying we change to full 3-4 fulltime...but when we do we better win at the point of attack. This Shelvin kid is arguably the best NT of the class. Lots of media and forum chatter of the Pats getting him though in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Comment

Working...
                          X