Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    4 QBs....it's all but written in stone. That leaves 9 players til #13....

Top 2 tackles= Sewell, Slater
    Top OLB=Parsons
    Top 2 playmakers=Chase, Pitts
    Top 2 CBs=Surtain, Farley
    Top Safety=Moerig
    Top Edge=Phillips
    Top coverage LB=Koramoah

That's 10. That's my "Clusta". Knock on wood, I can't see how we can dick it up...I think I'm gonna be a happy Charger's fan 4 weeks from this thursday....:rasta:
    I am so glad Darrisaw is not on your list. So many mocks are still pushing us there and his lazy tag has turned me off. He might go All Pro but he might as easily go Isiah Wilson.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I am so glad Darrisaw is not on your list. So many mocks are still pushing us there and his lazy tag has turned me off. He might go All Pro but he might as easily go Isiah Wilson.
      Thats the thing about this draft - I keep going back to maybe "higher floor lower ceiling" players over "higher ceiling but lower floors." I truly don't want the sammy school reaches, the trading up - and I Know Telesco is doing his best. But almost if he could the opposite this year - maybe Staley helps him identify players - and just have a good solid draft. It may not make the pundits go crazy draft weekend but come this fall - they are contributing players.

And yes, Left Tackle - it seems opinions are mixed on Darrisaw. I am not sure he goes Isiah Wilson but he is more a Fluker type pick.
      Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 03-30-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Nope!

Comment

• Parcells
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats the thing about this draft - I keep going back to maybe "higher floor lower ceiling" players over "higher ceiling but lower floors." I truly don't want the sammy school reaches, the trading up - and I Know Telesco is doing his best. But almost if he could the opposite this year - maybe Staley helps him identify players - and just have a good solid draft. It may not make the pundits go crazy draft weekend but come this fall - they are contributing players.

And yes, Left Tackle - it seems opinions are mixed on Darrisaw. I am not sure he goes Isiah Wilson but he is more a Fluker type pick.
          Darrisaw at 13 still makes way more sense in 2021 than Fluker at 11 did in 2013. Darrisaw has legit LT potential.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

...not just our pops' 3-4 from the Wade days, but a Staley 3-4. Meaning we can change up as needed. Problem is we can't run an effective 3-4 if needed to which sort of limits our hybridation. Then again Gus with a 3-4 is like giving a millennials and generation Z folks a manual stick shift and an extra pedal. To win the SB you have to get past KC. To beat KC you have to defend them. Consider this....
            • vs. Chargers: 51 percent success rate vs. 3-3-5 (33 snaps), 45 percent vs. 3-4 (11 snaps) Year where we beat them in Arrowhead.
            • vs. Steelers: 58 percent success rate vs. 2-3-6 (19 snaps), 29 percent vs. 3-4 (14 snaps)
            https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/10...ts-tyreek-hill

"watch previous film that they've played in their playoff games against 3-4 teams and understanding how they're potentially going to come out against us." - Ndamukong Suh
            https://www.buccaneers.com/news/defe...sblv-media-day

To beat Andy Reid you have to start playing chess on the field. You have to make in-game changes. A 3-4 opens more of the playbook for you defensively. I'm not saying we change to full 3-4 fulltime...but when we do we better win at the point of attack. This Shelvin kid is arguably the best NT of the class. Lots of media and forum chatter of the Pats getting him though in the 2nd or 3rd round.
            I dont think the key to beating KC is a 350 lb NT. Staley wasnt running a defense with Suh on it.

TB has a very good secondary and pass rushers and two very good ILB. Frankly we should of beat them last season. And we have beat KC before with Gus. Almost did it again last season week 2 with a rookie QB in his first start with no first team reps prior to the game.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-30-2021, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• AK47
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think the key to beating KC is a 350 lb NT. Staley wasnt running a defense with Suh on it.

TB has a very good secondary and pass rushers and two very good ILB. Frankly we should of beat them last season. And we have beat KC before with Gus. Almost did it again last season week 2 with a rookie QB in his first start with no first team reps prior to the game.
              Hey hey hey, its 346lbs!!!

Interesting to see if KC continues to roll on offense or comes back to earth after being completely exposed by TB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Shelvin would offer us an Akiem Hicks sized 4i.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                  Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Hotter than hell, Georgia
                  • Send PM

The only knock I’ve seen on Darrisaw that could be extrapolated to any sort of notion about work ethic is that he played down to lesser competition. One guys opinion that seems to now be he’s the next Isaiah Wilson. I know quite a few people around VT program and I’m telling you there isn’t anything lazy about Chris.

They guy came in as an unheralded 2 Star, he played with a chip on his shoulder as has been head and shoulders the best oline player on a top 10 oline unit. He has gotten better every year and played against some pretty damn good pass rushers the past 3 years.

Take PFF for what it’s worth but they rated him last year 2 while tenths of a point below Sewel and against better competition. He was highest rated pass AND run n blocker overall last year.

Don’t rate him at 13 that’s fine but he is NOT lazy nor does he have a poor work effort.There is zero indication he has any off field issues that are clearly the case with Isaiah Wilson. 2 Star recruits rarely take over LT position in P5 because they are lazy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Interesting look...so i say, why trade him? No guarantee Wilson will be better.

How about this pass to compare to Wilsons in shorts with no defenders

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Interesting look...so i say, why trade him? No guarantee Wilson will be better.

I think Darnold, with all his talent, has become stale in NY. I’d think it’d be hard for that not to happen with the Jets.

He would really benefit from a fresh start with a better run organization. Not the Texans, but maybe Chicago, N.O. or Seattle if Wilson leaves.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

So is this better than PFF? Next Gen Stats?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                          I think Darnold, with all his talent, has become stale in NY. I’d think it’d be hard for that not to happen with the Jets.

He would really benefit from a fresh start with a better run organization. Not the Texans, but maybe Chicago, N.O. or Seattle if Wilson leaves.
                          I added that video to that post. Check at Darnolds throw. And Agree, id hate to play in NY/NJ.

Comment

Working...
                          X