https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news...ng-full-circle
    UDFA.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Off topic, but how smart are the Dolphins? They now have the 6th pick in the draft. Picks 1-4 will probably be the QBs. The Bengals won't draft a QB at #5. Then the Dolphins at #6 will hold the golden ticket for the last of the first round QBs. Watch them trade it for a king's ransom to one of the QB needy teams. They'll have played the long game brilliantly, spinning Laramy Tunsil into the future of their franchise. Pure gold.

Comment

• chargers_22
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Off topic, but how smart are the Dolphins? They now have the 6th pick in the draft. Picks 1-4 will probably be the QBs. The Bengals won't draft a QB at #5. Then the Dolphins at #6 will hold the golden ticket for the last of the first round QBs. Watch them trade it for a king's ransom to one of the QB needy teams. They'll have played the long game brilliantly, spinning Laramy Tunsil into the future of their franchise. Pure gold.
        Agree they seem to have made all the right moves except for one lone mistake in taking Tua over Herbert

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Yep, Telesco isn't that creative. Could be Miami has a target they know will be there as well.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Niners drafting Mac Jones at #3 ?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rafting-third/

Kyle Shanahan on scouting Mac Jones: You don’t have to hide as much drafting third

Posted by Charean Williams on March 29, 2021, 4:03 PM EDT

Getty Images

The moment the 49ers traded up to third in next month’s draft, their intentions became clear: San Francisco will draft a quarterback.

The 49ers aren’t disputing that.

“To move up to 3, we had to feel good there’d be three guys we’d feel comfortable leading our team for a long time,” 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said, via Cam Inman of bayareanewsgroup.com. “There’s a chance to get there with four or five. There’s five guys that are kind of at this party.”

Who will that quarterback be?

Shanahan, who doesn’t “like going to pro days,” is attending Alabama’s pro day Tuesday to watch Mac Jones.

It was important, Shanahan noted Monday, for the team not to tip its hand until the trade was completed.

“Now that you’re up at three, you don’t have to hide as much,” Shanahan said, via Albert Breer of SI.com.

Shanahan added the 49ers have touched based with Justin Fields’ agent, and the Ohio State quarterback will have another pro day before the draft.

The 49ers paid a price to move up to third overall to land their quarterback of the future. The Dolphins sent the third overall pick to San Francisco in exchange for No. 12, the third-round compensatory pick the 49ers received when the Jets hired Robert Saleh as their head coach, a 2022 first-round pick and a 2023 first-round pick.

General Manager John Lynch said Monday the 49ers were afraid of being left at the altar.

“We paid somewhat of a premium doing it early, and why was that important: I remember one thing Bill Walsh used to talk about when I was at Stanford is that you’ve got to beat your opponent to the punch,” Lynch said, via Inman.
            If they draft MJ, you owe Chris Simms a beer and an apology
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yep, Telesco isn't that creative. Could be Miami has a target they know will be there as well.
              Possibly. I'd imagine they like Chase or Pitts. Someone to help Tua's development. That way, if he doesn't improve, they can say they did all they could.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I hear ya (except for the Trask part—he does not have an NFL arm).

But if I’ve learned anything from recent draft history, it’s that talent and selection # don’t need to match when it comes to the QB position. Daniel Jones? Dwayne Haskins? Teams reach for QBs. It’s what they do.

It doesn’t surprise me anymore.
                Mac Jones is being talked about as a top 10pick and he doesn't have a classic "NfL arm".

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

That mock is a joke right? The Jets taking Sewell at #2!!! A year after taking Becton in the first, and after seeing what they turned down and Miami got trading down? That would be one of the all-time dumbest draft moves ever. He'd have to be a first ballot hall-of-fame LT for you to get more value than three 1sts. At this point I would stop reading any mock draft that does not start QB,QB,QB.
                  Better chance of Sewell becoming this than hitting on all those picks
                  nothing dumb about having the league’s best starting OTs in Sewell and Becton
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                    Draftnik
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                    Mac Jones is being talked about as a top 10pick and he doesn't have a classic "NfL arm".
                    You are correct. I think Jones' arm is stronger than Trask's, but not by a whole lot. To succeed in the NFL with a less-than-NFL-arm a lot of intangibles are required.
                    Jones seems to be more athletically gifted and has better processing speed and decision making.

That being said, I don't consider either a 1st round talent.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

You are correct. I think Jones' arm is stronger than Trask's, but not by a whole lot. To succeed in the NFL with a less-than-NFL-arm a lot of intangibles are required.
                      Jones seems to be more athletically gifted and has better processing speed and decision making.

Jones has very little experience and a helluva team around him. no way in hell would risk a first let alone a top 5 pick on him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

If they draft MJ, you owe Chris Simms a beer and an apology
                        Why? I have Jones as a first rounder. Not Mond, Not Lance but I have Jones ranked 16th but that means nothing to GMs.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Agree,..... Brees didn't have a strong arm. I recall his passes kinda floating when he first played for us.

He made his core stronger which helped with his velocity plus he is just a smart player.

Been many QBs I didn't think were first round talents but GMs are like dudes around a woman with nice boobs. They lose their minds.

Comment

Working...
                          X