• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Lol, nah you’re one of the few who understands that game tape is the most valuable tool for evaluating OL.
    Plus - for me the Chargers have a lot of pieces in place. Sure, anybody would like Anthony Munoz or Walter Jones at LT. But the Colts did pretty well with Castonzo blocking for Manning, Luck, Brissett and Rivers. Chargers just need a good solid top 10 Left Tackle. But since I think they need other positions - its why I am not all about trading up for Sewell. As Telesco would have hit a home run with that pick and quite frankly, don't trust him

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      You don't come in as an unheralded high schooler and climb to 1st round draft pick without putting in the work.
      NFL GM's will talk to his coaches. They'll interview him about his plays he "took off". We aren't privy to those things.
      The downfall of the armchair GM.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Plus - for me the Chargers have a lot of pieces in place. Sure, anybody would like Anthony Munoz or Walter Jones at LT. But the Colts did pretty well with Castonzo blocking for Manning, Luck, Brissett and Rivers. Chargers just need a good solid top 10 Left Tackle. But since I think they need other positions - its why I am not all about trading up for Sewell. As Telesco would have hit a home run with that pick and quite frankly, don't trust him
        I want them to draft an OL, but I don't think Castonzo is a great example.

1. He never blocked for Manning. Manning was out the whole 2011 season.
        2. Luck was forced to retire because he got so beat up. That's what we're trying to avoid.

But yes, Rivers looked much more comfortable with the Colts than he did since his early days with the Chargers.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Yup BS stressed his corners to be able to play well press/off coverage while providing run support so that is 2 out of 3 what he’s looking for.
          The Rams recent draft strategy and depth chart at DB (EDGE too !)
          ought to be enlightening regarding Staley's vision.

I do not see a CB early.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

I don't like Darrisaw at 13, and that is primarily due to tape. He is a good prospect, but has warts, and in my opinion, doesn't separate himself from many other second tier tackle prospects.
            I brought this fact up months ago, before any prospects started working out, or any metrics on all these prospects were officially recorded.

Some of you watch the tape, and like what you see, enough so that you very much like him at 13. That's your opinion.

However, that does not make you more proficient at watching tape, or evaluating prospects, than other fans on this forum, because they don't agree with what you are seeing. It just means you have a different opinion...or maybe even simply a different order of priority on traits that are, or are not, there.

Now I have at times been a little snarky about Darrisaw...mostly I was frustrated with what people were not seeing, that I was seeing, when watching his tape...so I might have took it out on the prospect. Not fair, actually think he is a good prospect, I just don't have him graded in the top 15, because of question marks.

For the record, and for the last time....I don't hate Darrisaw. I have said before if we draft him, I will be fine with that, will in fact adopt him, because I would assume the Chargers have answers to the questions I have about him. Hell, for all I know, that core muscle injury was why he seemed to pull up early on a lot of plays, when I wanted to see him looking for a pancake opportunity, or why sometimes he seems more like a plodder, than an explosive guy..but again, it's a question mark. All I have ever said is I prefer many of the other players that I think will be there when we pick at 13...guys who are, IMO, real Blue Chippers, without many question marks, cleaner prospects....whereas Darrisaw(IMO) has question marks, and is closer as a prospect to the other second tier OT prospects, than he is to prospects who will go top 15.
            The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

There are others who play with much greater urgency.

I would draft AVT a long time before I would draft Darrisaw.

The Chargers told Feiler he's a Guard.

What if Bulaga's back doesn't cooperate ?

Draft Jessie's...make it work.

So many different chorus lines we could throw out there.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                There are others who play with much greater urgency.

I would draft AVT a long time before I would draft Darrisaw.

The Chargers told Feiler he's a Guard.

What if Bulaga's back doesn't cooperate ?

Draft Jessie's...make it work.

So many different chorus lines we could throw out there.
                Re lying on Bulaga is foolish. I saw the guy get knocked out after 1 play in a game this year. Back injuries are especially worrisome for an offensive lineman due to the constant stress and torque every single play.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  I don't like Darrisaw at 13, and that is primarily due to tape. He is a good prospect, but has warts, and in my opinion, doesn't separate himself from many other second tier tackle prospects.
                  I brought this fact up months ago, before any prospects started working out, or any metrics on all these prospects were officially recorded.

Some of you watch the tape, and like what you see, enough so that you very much like him at 13. That's your opinion.

However, that does not make you more proficient at watching tape, or evaluating prospects, than other fans on this forum, because they don't agree with what you are seeing. It just means you have a different opinion...or maybe even simply a different order of priority on traits that are, or are not, there.

Now I have at times been a little snarky about Darrisaw...mostly I was frustrated with what people were not seeing, that I was seeing, when watching his tape...so I might have took it out on the prospect. Not fair, actually think he is a good prospect, I just don't have him graded in the top 15, because of question marks.

For the record, and for the last time....I don't hate Darrisaw. I have said before if we draft him, I will be fine with that, will in fact adopt him, because I would assume the Chargers have answers to the questions I have about him. Hell, for all I know, that core muscle injury was why he seemed to pull up early on a lot of plays, when I wanted to see him looking for a pancake opportunity, or why sometimes he seems more like a plodder, than an explosive guy..but again, it's a question mark. All I have ever said is I prefer many of the other players that I think will be there when we pick at 13...guys who are, IMO, real Blue Chippers, without many question marks, cleaner prospects....whereas Darrisaw(IMO) has question marks, and is closer as a prospect to the other second tier OT prospects, than he is to prospects who will go top 15.
                  I wouldn't mind Darrisaw, but I won't be doing cartwheels if he is the choice. It would be like getting an underwear package as a Christmas present - something certainly needed.

I keep on thinking about Telesco's comments about what he liked in DJ Fluker: a big guy with a mean, aggressive temperament; that ain't Darrisaw.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Marlon Davidson says Oregon in 2019 was the best offensive line he faced in college.
                    Penei Sewell...that guy is amazing. He’s gonna be a first round draft pick for sure.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Darrisaw certaibly has flaws, but I think certain people are over examining those due to stubborness and contrariness. If he didn't have flaws, he'd be gone well before 13.

I don't have a big gap in the 10-25 range excpet for the CBs which is why the mythical trade down is attractive. But if 10-25 is pretty flat, who is going to trade up? Maybe for third CB.

If it's not OT in the first or Little in the 2nd (I don't think he makes it to 47 personally) then it's Fisher, Villaneuva, or Pipkins. Those are the options, like it or not.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                        Darrisaw certaibly has flaws, but I think certain people are over examining those due to stubborness and contrariness. If he didn't have flaws, he'd be gone well before 13.

I don't have a big gap in the 10-25 range excpet for the CBs which is why the mythical trade down is attractive. But if 10-25 is pretty flat, who is going to trade up? Maybe for third CB.

If it's not OT in the first or Little in the 2nd (I don't think he makes it to 47 personally) then it's Fisher, Villaneuva, or Pipkins. Those are the options, like it or not.
                        Draft players.
                        Not positions.
                        Too much PON.
                        Not enough BPA.
                        Around here.
                        IMHO.
                        BTW.
                        I still see OL I like
                        where there has not been
                        a peep at TPB.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

Why do fans who don't fawn over Darrisaw have to be stubborn and contrary? Couldn't I say you are being stubborn in accepting Darrisaw's flaws, just so you can say we got a first round tackle?

We need to get away from insults and arrogant supposition, of which I myself have been guilty. Just say what you like about the prospect, leave our opinions and motives out of it...I promise to do the same.
                          The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X