Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/r...ghest-ceiling/

good read on Slater vs Darrisaw.

the conclusion:

”Ultimately, I believe that OT2 belongs to Darrisaw. Simply put, Darrisaw can make up the ground on Slater technically. However, Slater cannot make up the ground on Darrisaw physically. As a result, Darrisaw’s ceiling is much higher. In a league driven by ceiling, where the top tackles like Trent Williams and Tyron Smith were dominant in the 2010s, that’s going to matter more.

If a team wants to play Rashawn Slater inside at guard to give them the best starting five linemen, I think he’ll excel there. However, he is just as good on the outside at tackle and will be a great player there as well. Christian Darrisaw simply projects easier as a Day 1 starting left tackle.

Slater will still likely be the second offensive lineman off the board in mock drafts. For my money, however, Darrisaw would ultimately be my pick as the second offensive tackle taken in the 2021 NFL Draft.”
    All subjective. If it is that even as it states in there, ill take the guy with the better feet and motor.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I like Tryon. There's going to be a lot of players that sat out last year that are going to slide down to be great value pics given there athletic makeup.it really is a very unique draft year this year and it should be pretty interesting

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Jaelon Darden = Ekeler but lighter, less strong. He was a Mean Green teamie with Jaylon Guyton. Both pronounce their name Jay-len.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          Jaelon Darden = Ekeler but lighter, less strong. He was a Mean Green teamie with Jaylon Guyton. Both pronounce their name Jay-len.
          A lot lighter, and shorter. He measured 5' 7.5", 175 lbs

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              We already have our scatback with Ekkie...I'd like us to pick up a big bruiser like Sermon...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Bates is a riser ninja !
                Seeing him in round 5 now on some big boards.
                Traits are there.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

A lot lighter, and shorter. He measured 5' 7.5", 175 lbs
                    Ekeler is only 5-7.5. I know he's often mentioned as 5-9 or 5-10, but he's under 5-8. He has more body mass though, more muscle.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

the conclusion:

”Ultimately, I believe that OT2 belongs to Darrisaw. Simply put, Darrisaw can make up the ground on Slater technically. However, Slater cannot make up the ground on Darrisaw physically. As a result, Darrisaw’s ceiling is much higher. In a league driven by ceiling, where the top tackles like Trent Williams and Tyron Smith were dominant in the 2010s, that’s going to matter more.

If a team wants to play Rashawn Slater inside at guard to give them the best starting five linemen, I think he’ll excel there. However, he is just as good on the outside at tackle and will be a great player there as well. Christian Darrisaw simply projects easier as a Day 1 starting left tackle.

Slater will still likely be the second offensive lineman off the board in mock drafts. For my money, however, Darrisaw would ultimately be my pick as the second offensive tackle taken in the 2021 NFL Draft.”
                      I mentioned this in another forum but Darrisaw and Slater have the opposite strengths and weaknesses. It’s why I would use the 13th overall on a corner like Surtain or Horn, and pick an LT in the 2nd.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

the conclusion:

Thanks for sharing!! I’ve heard on more than one occasion that Darrisaw does not play hard, but to improve and progress the way he has tells me a very different story. I absolutely love Darrisaw’s upside and would be thrilled if the Chargers picked him in the first round. I have a feeling he will go higher than where he has been mostly projected.

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

We already have our scatback with Ekkie...I'd like us to pick up a big bruiser like Sermon...
                          I believe the Chargers already have a bruiser type back in Kelley and Ballage. With an improved OL, this will become much more apparent!

Comment

Working...
                          X