• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Just realize that by pushing OT to round 2 your are going to get a second tier and more probably a 3rd tier guy to protect Herbie. We already have that in Pipkins TBT. I have seen mocks that are having OT runs in the 25 to 40 pick range, leaving 3rd or 4th round prospects for us in round 2. IF Slater or even Darrisaw is there I want to pounce.
    I don’t know if the guys at 45 will be as raw of a project as Pipkins though. Otherwise find a way to trade down to the 20s to get an LT where the value is better. After Pewell, I just don’t see any other LT having value at 13.

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Mature perspective from such a young guy
      I like it! Mahomes better watchout there will be a new Kermit in town. JK

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Just realize that by pushing OT to round 2 your are going to get a second tier and more probably a 3rd tier guy to protect Herbie. We already have that in Pipkins TBT. I have seen mocks that are having OT runs in the 25 to 40 pick range, leaving 3rd or 4th round prospects for us in round 2. IF Slater or even Darrisaw is there I want to pounce.
        I still think - especially for pick 13 - you have to see what the board shows. If the grades of the two players are close - find, you can take OT. But if Surtain or Horn are rated much higher than Darrisaw for instance, and CB is still a need. You can take QB.

I will understand the pick if its Darrisaw because the need is there for OT if Slater is gone and the choice is between Darrisaw and Surtain or Horn

I will not understand the pick if Slater is gone and Darrisaw, one of the two CBs and Waddle are all there and Waddle is the pick. That wouldn't be good

I am going to pigeon hole Telesco but I think OT and CB need to be the first two picks. Possibly CB in R3 but OT has to be in 1 or 2

Comment

• MagicMamba88
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still think - especially for pick 13 - you have to see what the board shows. If the grades of the two players are close - find, you can take OT. But if Surtain or Horn are rated much higher than Darrisaw for instance, and CB is still a need. You can take QB.

I will understand the pick if its Darrisaw because the need is there for OT if Slater is gone and the choice is between Darrisaw and Surtain or Horn

I will not understand the pick if Slater is gone and Darrisaw, one of the two CBs and Waddle are all there and Waddle is the pick. That wouldn't be good

I am going to pigeon hole Telesco but I think OT and CB need to be the first two picks. Possibly CB in R3 but OT has to be in 1 or 2
            If we go WR in round 1 with all of the other talent available in a WR rich draft......I would be pissed.........

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              Damn, wish AVT had arms like that.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You would find it there,.... Had he been invited.

Then there would be numbers filled in as they measure, run, etc. That's why all you see is an estimate of his height, weight, and three teirs of his projected 40. I'm very, very famiar with how draftscout works. So not trusting that because he wasn't there.

He was actually measured at University of Colorado's Pro Day because his school didn't have their own. So, the actual numbers is what I posted from his workout at Colorado's Pro Day.

Screenshot_20210330-215706.jpg
                The link I provided listed his pro day measurements. I think in one of his Insta posts he mentions he's 5-7.5.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

If we go WR in round 1 with all of the other talent available in a WR rich draft......I would be pissed.........
                  Thats exactly what I am saying. I am not one in the camp of "What if Pitts is there at 13?" -- because I truly do not think Pitts will be there at 10 - maybe even 8 let alone 13.

So Slater might be gone - but I would take Parsons or Phillips over WR for this draft. But I truly think Telesco will have a chance at Surtain, Horn and at least Darrisaw if not Slater .

I get the whole Need v BPA argument but the way Telesco has handled free agency - it sure looks like OT and CB are pretty high priorities for Rounds 1-3. And not that signing Steven Nelson or Villanueva can't change that today

But based on draft boards I have seen - it does seem like there are both CBs and OTs that could be available in R1 and 2 when the Chargers pick. Rest of the draft - -go for it Tommy - whatever.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

I think JaMarr Chase will be moving to the "Nnati""!

And if he truly is a better football player ranked higher than Sewell and its noticeable - he should. Top 5 pick can't turn down talent. Now if he and Sewell are close - should be LT

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think JaMarr Chase will be moving to the "Nnati""!

And if he truly is a better football player ranked higher than Sewell and its noticeable - he should. Top 5 pick can't turn down talent. Now if he and Sewell are close - should be LT
                        A week ago I didn’t think it possible that the bengals would take anyone but Sewell at #5. Now I’m not so sure they don’t take Pitts or especially Chase. I mean, they have bookends in Jonah Williams and Reiff.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

A week ago I didn’t think it possible that the bengals would take anyone but Sewell at #5. Now I’m not so sure they don’t take Pitts or especially Chase. I mean, they have bookends in Jonah Williams and Reiff.
                          There are round 5 OTs I would bite on.

eg Tommy Doyle...he's movin' on up.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X