• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • equivocation
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2021
    • Send PM

Justin Herbert had a 6.45 grade with a long list of weaknesses.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Exceptions Rule.

Brees lack of height Gates lack of football experience
      Dielman lack of oline play because he was udfa D-Line.
      we could list a team of hall of famers starting with Jerry Rice lack of speed and find it really should be about can they play and perform on gameday. Who cares if they won the underwear Olympics or have the prototype measurements.

How do you measure desire to be great, dedication to your craft, obsessive film study and work ethics, high football IQ and anticipation, heart and toughness.

Who are the football-playing Jesse in this draft?
      ​​​​​​

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

It happens in all sports. In hockey, Luc Robitaille was supposed to be too frail and too slow to play in NHL.
        He was a 9th rounder for the LA Kings in '84. He scored almost 700 goals in his 19 years career.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Exceptions Rule.

Brees lack of height Gates lack of football experience
          Dielman lack of oline play because he was udfa D-Line.
          we could list a team of hall of famers starting with Jerry Rice lack of speed and find it really should be about can they play and perform on gameday. Who cares if they won the underwear Olympics or have the prototype measurements.

How do you measure desire to be great, dedication to your craft, obsessive film study and work ethics, high football IQ and anticipation, heart and toughness.

Who are the football-playing Jesse in this draft?
          ​​​​​​

at the same time, especially at 13 - the player needs to be talented as well and cannot have a guy like Pipkins or Mager who were over-drafted. Though I am good with a low ceiling but high floor type of player that can be a starter for 7-8 years

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

It comes down to: does Christian Darrisaw have a high ceiling? I think he has a fairly high floor: he is the safe choice & he'll be playing for someone at LT in 8 years.

Someone said they see a younger version of Russell Okung. Well, Okung remained in Seattle for 6 years and went elsewhere.

Drafting an LT does not mean locking down the position for a long time.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
              It comes down to: does Christian Darrisaw have a high ceiling? I think he has a fairly high floor: he is the safe choice & he'll be playing for someone at LT in 8 years.

Someone said they see a younger version of Russell Okung. Well, Okung remained in Seattle for 6 years and went elsewhere.

I see a slightly smaller, but more athletically gifted Marcus McNeil.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Horn does not tackle well and does not play off coverage well. These are things that will downgrade him to Staley.

Farley, however, is a really good tackler. He has the elite upside at which Telesco drools (and of course Telesco does not shy away from college injuries).

If this was 4 years ago, Farley would be the pick.

Staley will be really helpful in telling Telesco how certain players will fit into his defense.

Comment

• equivocation
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing. Same pre draft criticisms but without the stenosis.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

The 2006 version of Marcus McNeil was a stud. I still remember him pancaking Richard Seymour on that 4 & 1 Michael Turner conversion in the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I think Darrisaw will continue to improve. He's one of the few OT's that has 3 years of experience. He came in as an unheralded H.S. prospect, started as a freshman, and continued to improve every year. Because of his mobility, length, anchor, and strength he has a high ceiling.

Some say he is "lazy" but his coaches say he has good work ethic. Many plays, you'll see him blocking 20 yards down field (See North Carolins game). I think he fits outside/inside/gap power schemes. He can do a lot of things well.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

If Darrisaw doesn't have the Spinal Stenosis that McNeil had - sign me up at 13 today! If his comps are Okung and McNeil - thats a darn good football player.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

You don't come in as an unheralded high schooler and climb to 1st round draft pick without putting in the work.
                          NFL GM's will talk to his coaches. They'll interview him about his plays he "took off". We aren't privy to those things.

Comment

Working...
                          X