• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

These look to be done in a similar fashion to fantasy football. They are literally taking 11/11 to field a team.
    Oh, huh, yeah you're 100% right. Guess I should start reading instead of just reacting off of graphics, lol
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fleet
      Fleet commented
      Editing a comment
      I do the same.
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

These look to be done in a similar fashion to fantasy football. They are literally taking 11 offensive and defensive players each to field a team.

1. Lawrence
    2. Pitts
    3. Chase
    4. Smith
    5. Sewell
    6. Waddle
    7. Parsons
    8. Slater
    9. Surtain
    10. AVT

And so on.
    But Kiper put Slater at Right Tackle --

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But Kiper put Slater at Right Tackle --
      Yep saw that. Had to think if Fields was left handed for a second.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

My guess on #4 trade rumors...

I'm thinking that teams are comfortable with 4 QB's as NFL starters: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, and Jones. That's why there is a scramble for #4. Maybe Trey Lance is the odd man out...?

Atlanta is looking for a CB or an Edge rusher.

They're probably playing Broncos, Chargers, Vikings, and Patriots against each other. And for bigger hauls: WFT, Bears, and Steelers.

Broncos, Chargers, Vikings pick could net them a top-3 CB. Patriots, WFT, Bears, and Steelers would net them a quality pass rusher.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Castanzo is my comp for what I am hoping for with the 13th pick (even though AC was picked 22nd by Indy). But just an above average Left Tackle Maybe the bar is low but if you get that type of player in R1 - really allows the flexibility the rest of the draft - though CB should be R2 pick.
          Extending this even further, Cosmi is a blend of Castanzo, Okung, and Armstead/Ramczyk... all of them are OT's valued by TT and Joe Lombardi.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Extending this even further, Cosmi is a blend of Castanzo, Okung, and Armstead/Ramczyk... all of them are OT's valued by TT and Joe Lombardi.
            Maybe my bar is too low but if the Chargers can trade down - not lower than 20 (I guess Indy can always jump up but they lost draft capital with Wentz already) -- you can not only get LT but fill so many more needs on your roster. Hell, staying at 13 and 47 - should get the team two good solid players. In the NFL, reading many things on the draft - more draft picks is better than less. The Chargers have the QB - build a team around him.

AJ Smith got cocky when he thought he had a stacked roster so he made bad moves: overpaid for Hester, gave up a helluva lot for Weddle when he could have had him 8 picks earlier, wasted picks like Waters and Crompton. No time for Telesco to think "one player" will solve the teams problems.

There are good players in the draft - Telesco just needs to put in the damn work and find them.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Cosmi may be the best fit of the OT’s for zone blocking scheme.

I would be fine if they selected him #13.

Move onto secondary next couple rounds along with edge rusher.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Thats CBD. The non psychoactive part of cannabis. lol Doesnt get you high. Unless it has trace elements of THC. Which only comes from flower that is pure CBD. Charlottes Web strain comes to mind. Most CBD products these days are coming from hemp. Not flower.

I battle chronic pain...so i know my cannabis.
                Opps, didnt notice it said CBD. Hec i take that stuff as i dont like being high.

Still, my point still stands. The NFL has relaxed its stance some on Weed, so should the Chargers. Talk to the players about it.

Comment

• bman6555
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Rumors are that OBJ wants more than the Trent Williams deal in terms of money on his next contract. So back to the draft it is for a LT.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post
                    Rumors are that OBJ wants more than the Trent Williams deal in terms of money on his next contract. So back to the draft it is for a LT.
                    Yes, caught the Director rolling out the bad news. Can’t really blame him, asking for the big bucks but he needs to prove it first. Now just hope Chargers can grab a couple OT’s in the draft, one to start another to develop into starter. Bulaga will be coming due next year.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Yeah one of the other reasons I didn’t want him here.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Geez,... who didn't expect that

Comment

Working...
                        X