• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Sorry, you are missing my point..... maybe i was not clear..... most people did not know Fluker was going to suck aso bad when Chargers desperately drafted him......How many drafts have you ever seen 5 OT's who turn out to be pro bowlers???...... my point is if there is an OT the team feels is a near cant miss then take him at 13..... if the OT's available at 13 have 2nd round grades or later, and there is an elite CB or an elite pass rusher sitting there then take the elite player,,.... NEVER pass on elite players..... You can never have too many great pass rushers and Chargers ONLY have ONE..... You can never have too many great CB's and Chargers have zero elite ones......

Most great teams have 3-5 great pass rushers, 3 or more great CB's......2 or more great LBers...... 3 or more great OL...... Chargers goal should be to draft the BPA who has the best chance to be elite...... that will make our team better.....
    Let me be clear-er... if most people were wrong about Fluker, why would you keep listening to them...?
    Yeah, probably not 5 pro bowlers. Not really my aim. But I do want to protect a pro bowl QB.

Staley can get some good CB's and Edge rushers in the 2nd/3rd rounds. They've already met with Asante Samuels Jr... twice. Don't forget safety!
    Staley's a genius at getting the best out of defensive players. Scheme and disguise are as important.
    Which pass rushers are elite...? Surtain's gone to the Cowboys, Farley's got a disk, and Horn is ranked by the "experts" around or behind Slater, Darrisaw, Cosmi, and Jenkins...

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Good point about AVT. It’s probably what they should do. But I think it’ll be too hard for the Bengals to pass up on Chase or Pitts. At the top of the 2nd they could grab local product Wyatt Davis. Then another’s local product in James Hudson in the 3rd. That’d keep both Burrow and the Cinci fans happy.
      Chase is great. But Bengals absolutely need to protect Burrows. He's actually surrounded by playmakers. Tee Higgins will just keep getting better. Boyd finally made that step. Nixon...
      If they think they need another playmaker... how about Baby Gronk?

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
        Swami Simms has Spoken! Preachen to the Choir Here....

Far cry from a few months ago when Simms had Slater > Sewell

now it looks like Darrisaw has a chance to get drafted before Slater
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Far cry from a few months ago when Simms had Slater > Sewell

now it looks like Darrisaw has a chance to get drafted before Slater
          Jeremiah still has Slater > Sewell...

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

Maybe. And maybe someone is in love with Parsons in the top 12...or Paye. 85% odds we get Slater or our second choice corner. I can sleep with those odds.

Where we sit, we should worry?

Insert Axiom here:
            -Fear is the mind killer (Paul)
            -Can't always get what you want...get what you need (Nick)
            -Calm down your being very undude. (Walter)
            Hahaha. There are so many viable options to address our needs and add quality players in this draft.

Trade up for Sewell.

Stay put for Slater, Darrisaw, or Jenkins.

Take a premier corner at #13. Then trade up a few spots in the 2nd to lock up Radunz or Cosmi or Little.

Grab CB/DBs in the 2nd and 3rd.

Bottom line is we need an OT and some secondary. We have the picks and this draft has some good ones. Seems like it’d be hard for TT to fuck this one up. I’m not too worried. Actually pretty excited to see it play out.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

I know, I know. You want SEXY in the draft. You view Sewell as the unattainable chick you want to sell your soul to acquire. Little memo:
              Tackles ain't sexy. They can't block multiple defensive ends, they can't score, they don't catch passes, throw the ball, nor do they generally look great in short skirts.

You gotta have enough good lineman, no doubt! But the greatest tackle in the universe isn't much different than a top 10 tackle when it comes to winning.

Tackles are facilitators. Playmakers are playmaker$. You wanna trade up for anyone...Pitts would make way more sense.

This team already got sexy. QB, DE, Safety, #1 Unis, #1 stadium, amazing head coach. Gimmie Slater or Horn (my fav corner) at #13, an o-lineman/cb in the second and I'm a happy man, ready to watch this team unleash the hounds.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Hahaha. There are so many viable options to address our needs and add quality players in this draft.

Trade up for Sewell.

Take a premier corner at #13. Then trade up a few spots in the 2nd lock up Radunz or Cosmi.

Bottom line is we need an OT and some secondary. We have the picks and this draft has some good ones. Seems like it’d be hard for TT to fuck this one up. I’m not too worried. Actually pretty excited to see it play out.
                Unless he draft's fluker 2.0 or Verret 2.0. LOL!

:beer:
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Trade up for Sewell.

Take a premier corner at #13. Then trade up a few spots in the 2nd lock up Radunz or Cosmi.

It can be a great draft player wise and still not work out. The 2017 draft comes to mind. I was also excited about the 2019 draft especially the Tillery and Adderley pick.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jeremiah still has Slater > Sewell...
                    Oh my bad, it was DJ
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                      Swami Simms has Spoken! Preachen to the Choir Here....

I agree..... Polian has always said college OT's with short arms will move to OG...... There is a career OL coach who is a regular guest on sinus NFL radio and he loves Slater as a guard in NFL , says he cannot play LT because his arms are too short..... Slater and the USC kid will be great guards in NFL but not great LT's.... Slater only played against Young for 3 total plays so the idea that Slater blocked Young was way over blown.....

If Chargers draft OT in round one, it better be Sewell or Darishaw...... .... if both are gone, then take best CB or pass rusher..... then in 2nd or 3rd take the OT from Stanford...... he is worth a gamble for greatness if he is healthy.....

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It can be a great draft player wise and still not work out. The 2017 draft comes to mind. I was also excited about the 2019 draft especially the Tillery and Adderley pick.
                        I haven't given up on Tillery yet with our new head coach! Gus just plain sucks now....
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Btw I love the love Darrisaw now getting
                          My OT 2 for some time now.
                          no guarantee he’ll be there at 13