• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

I gotta feelin Darrisaw is our first pick.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Quick audio clip of Staley talking CB..

Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Interesting comments regarding Bosa. "He is an edge player for us" "Let me make that perfectly clear"

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
          I gotta feelin Darrisaw is our first pick.
          I tend to agree, unless Slater is available at 13, then it might be Slater.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I thinks its between CB and LT. And if they are close - LT. But if Horn is ranked much higher than say Darrisaw - going with CB and hoping to go back up using the comp pick for the other position if need be,.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Darrisaw is bigger than Slater I think.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Cool i had been wondering what Pro Days we sent scouts to.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Quick audio clip of Staley talking CB..

https://voca.ro/1c5j6HWqUVmh
                  Good info...Staley said he wants a lot of DB depth...also values highly a corner who can man up, but can also play off coverage...I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft 3+ DB's...

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                    Interesting comments regarding Bosa. "He is an edge player for us" "Let me make that perfectly clear"
                    Someone else is also famous for saying, "let me make this perfectly clear"...Richard Nixon...

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good info...Staley said he wants a lot of DB depth...also values highly a corner who can man up, but can also play off coverage...I wouldn't be surprised to see us draft 3+ DB's...
                      CB1, Big Nickle, Free

Kind of been making sure i get those 3 in my mocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        Less favorable for QBs? Whatever it is now is a marginal improvement at best. Rivers didn’t have to deal with what the 80s or even 90s QB had to face. Likewise, he had the best rushing attack that year with LT next to him as well as one of the best OL. I think this is why passer ratings on their own without context is misleading to say the least.

Likewise, our OL was the worst. But I think it’s also misleading to say that the Bengals were that much better than we were. What’s the difference between the 29th and the 31st in pass blocking? Is it as big as the 27th and 29th, or smaller?

Did you also forget that in 2019, we had like the 5th best pass block win rate in the first four games?
                        I would not say that the impact of the rule changes have been "marginal" as you have indicated, but I agree that they have not been anywhere near as significant as the Mel Blount Rule was when it came out in 1978. The defenseless receiver rules (a.k.a., the let 'em catch it rules) have made conditions much more favorable to receivers in the years after 2006 when Rivers first was a starting QB. Safeties used to be able to blast defenseless WRs to jar the ball loose. Defenders cannot do that in today's game.

Also, the league has emphasized calling illegal contact penalties in recent years while giving offensive players more of a pass when it comes to contact.

QBs are more protected than they were when Rivers first became a starter in 2006.

Looking at my post, I merely indicated how each OL (Cincinnati's and ours) ranked in terms of block win rate. Those stats indicate that CIN's OL was slightly better in terms of pass blocking and much better in terms of run blocking.

My point is that Burrow supporters tend to use the OL as an excuse for him, but ignore our slightly worse OL when considering Herbert. Herbert overcame the OL issue. Burrow was less successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Dont know why Chain likes to make absolutes after rookie seasons. I do think Tua will be better. He just has to get acclimated to the NFL. Burrow will be better and Herbert as well. After year three we will have a good idea. I think Burrow will be a real good one and Tua can be as well....if he can stay healthy. He already missed two games last year being hurt.

This class will be interesting to see. I think Wilson will struggle if he plays as a rookie and i think Lance will struggle a lot IF he plays as a rookie. Jones will have that smaller window thing going on too. We'll se how he adapts compared to Tua.
                          How did I deal in absolutes? There was a comment that stated that Burrow's performance reminded a poster of early Rivers. I disagreed. 2020 Burrow was not as good as 2006 Rivers.

I also felt that based upon what Burrow displayed so far, even if he improves, he is not going to finish 1st, 3rd and 2nd in passer rating in three consecutive seasons like Rivers did.

That is not to say that Burrow will not improve, but there is a whole world of difference between finishing the season ranked in the mid 20s in passer rating and the QB improving to the point that he finishes in the top 3 three years running. I think the most likely result for Burrow is some improvement, yes, but that much improvement, no.

Comment

Working...
                          X