Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, if Sewell is gone by the time we pick at #4 or #5 overall, would u be okay with picking Slater?
    No...there will be a much better player there...Parsons, Rousseau, Chase even...if TT is thinking oline or bust, I am all in....but you gotta be smart about it. Take any deal you can to move back and pick a guy like Slater, and get some more picks out of it to help even more, but don't blow a top 5 pick reaching...I like Slater, but not as much as DJ

By the way...I don't think Sewell goes top 5, unless it is us...I think the QB run could be potentially record breaking, with lots of trades....but just a hunch.
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
      I see a lot of love for a CB, why? With a healthy Harris, Haywood and Davis and James, Jenkins, Adderly we have sold db situation.
      Would think OL or DL a must, with a WR if possible. Tight end may be critical depending onHunter's status.
      OL of Tevis, Lamb, Feeney, Turner , Bularga with a first or second choice OL would be good if all can stay healthy, of course it is the Chargers!!!
      Not so much love, as a grudging admission of need...Casey is getting up there, and his play has dropped of noticeably...how much worse will it get next year?

Say we put together a few wins, and are picking closer to 10 than 5...Sewell, Parsons, Rousseau and Chase are gone? Also like Pitts...butI could absolutely see us picking up Surtain II...and we could use him...

I would prefer we trade back, get a guy like Davis, Humphrey or Slater..or Pitts....and some picks...but if they went CB, and it's good value or BPA...can always benefit from a good corner in this league.

The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Herbert has a way of changing priorities
        The Chargers have needed to upgrade the OL for many years. They have tried. But they need to make it a focus. So, I am in the group that if Sewell is gone - I would rather trade down and get a valuable OL in round 1 and extra picks. But if they stay at 5 or whatever, has to be Edge or CB - no WR.

I see the Chargers having needs and wants. They will need an Edge because Ingram is gone; I still think CB is need as Hayward might be released - but to me the biggest need is OL. Thats two players. Look at Indy with Nelson and Smith - it just fortified that OL.

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers have needed to upgrade the OL for many years. They have tried. But they need to make it a focus. So, I am in the group that if Sewell is gone - I would rather trade down and get a valuable OL in round 1 and extra picks. But if they stay at 5 or whatever, has to be Edge or CB - no WR.

I see the Chargers having needs and wants. They will need an Edge because Ingram is gone; I still think CB is need as Hayward might be released - but to me the biggest need is OL. Thats two players. Look at Indy with Nelson and Smith - it just fortified that OL.
          100% where I'm at
          things always change as the offseason goes on but I don't see anything changing much this time
          plain and simple, even if we were to resign our OL FAs, we cannot depend on their improvement without having premium draft picks competing
          all 5 position need/can be upgraded
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100% where I'm at
            things always change as the offseason goes on but I don't see anything changing much this time
            plain and simple, even if we were to resign our OL FAs, we cannot depend on their improvement without having premium draft picks competing
            all 5 position need/can be upgraded
            And if the price is decent, I am fine bringing back Feeney, Lamp &/or Tevi -- you can never have too much depth on the OL. If they are the right price - why not see what they can add depth wise. But you still have to hit the draft pretty hard to me,

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yep. If Sewell is gone by #4 overall when we might be picking, that pick according to the chart is worth 1,800 points. Say we trade down to around #10 or so. #10 is worth 1,300 points, for a 500-point difference. If our trading partner also gives us their 2nd rounder @ #42 overall, that pick is worth 480 points. They also throw in their 6th rounder (#177) worth 19 points, and we've got a deal...heck, if the other team wants to move up bad enough, TT could even play hardball and insist on a 4th rounder, this year or next...

2021 Trade Value Chart: https://www.drafttek.com/nfl-trade-value-chart.asp

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Yep. If Sewell is gone by #4 overall when we might be picking, that pick according to the chart is worth 1,800 points. Say we trade down to around #10 or so. #10 is worth 1,300 points, for a 500-point difference. If our trading partner also gives us their 2nd rounder @ #42 overall, that pick is worth 480 points. They also throw in their 6th rounder (#177) worth 19 points, and we've got a deal...heck, if the other team wants to move up bad enough, TT could even play hardball and insist on a 4th rounder, this year or next...

My trade would be:

Chargers send out 1st and 6th rounder
                Chargers get back from the team picking 10: 1, 2 and 5 I want more picks in rounds 2-5!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

No...there will be a much better player there...Parsons, Rousseau, Chase even...if TT is thinking oline or bust, I am all in....but you gotta be smart about it. Take any deal you can to move back and pick a guy like Slater, and get some more picks out of it to help even more, but don't blow a top 5 pick reaching...I like Slater, but not as much as DJ

By the way...I don't think Sewell goes top 5, unless it is us...I think the QB run could be potentially record breaking, with lots of trades....but just a hunch.
                  I dont think this QB class is as good as last years but a run on them would be cool and awesome if Sewell falls to us. Ideal really.

Im not that high on Lance and Wilson. I grade them down just for where they play. BYU always has good QBs for their conference but struggle in the NFL save for Young and McMahan. And McMahan was just above average. All others have failed.

I'd take Trask over Lance and Wilson.

Taysom Hill will be another mediocre QB from there. He didnt look good against Denver and isnt that great a passer. Even at BYU he had 43 TDs and 31 INTs.
                  DCs will make it tougher for him as they go along. Payton is getting him a look that in the end id bet he gets another QB.

Just glad we dont need one now.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Atlanta right now has #10, who do you think they would trade up for? A QB? Pass rusher perhaps? Just thinking out loud...with my fingers lol
                    I can see a pass rusher.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Atlanta right now has #10, who do you think they would trade up for? A QB? Pass rusher perhaps? Just thinking out loud...with my fingers lol
                      I can see a pass rusher.
                      Falcons also need CB and S...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Falcons also need CB and S...
                        Not at #4 are they picking a safety...or #10

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not at #4 are they picking a safety...or #10
                          CB is possible...but edge more likely at #4 if they really have someone targeted...

Comment

Working...
                          X