Don't make me stop the car.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltensen View Post
      Hey all - just joined the board. Long time fan here. Excited for the draft. For my own peace of mind - I was trying to project a worst-case scenario in which the key players at position of need we all assume are atop Telesco's board are gone by #13 (Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn, AVT, Darrisaw). In this scenario, the Vikings jump us to snag Darrisaw and AVT is already off the board leaving us to choose between Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons or reach a bit for Teven Jenkins...I personally like all 3 players. The value is there with Smith and Parsons. Jenkins would be considered a reach but if he ultimately ends up as a solid starter at either RT and LT nobody will care. Anyhow, imagine we are on the clock under this scenario and the Patriots call offering to swap spots and we pick up a 4th rounder in the deal. We are still guaranteed to land Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons or Tevin Jenkins.

1- JAX: Lawrence
      2-NYJ: Wilson
      3-SF: Lance
      4-ATL: Pitts
      5-CIN: Sewell
      6- MIA: Chase
      7-DET: Slater
      8- CAR: AVT
      9- DEN: Surtain
      10-DAL: Horn
      11-NYG: Waddle
      12. MIN via PHI: Darrisaw
      13: NE via LAC: Mac Jones
      14. PHI: Devona Smith
      15. LAC via NE: ?

With Smith gone, it's most likely between Parsons or Tevin Jenkins. Best player available or BPA at a position of need. Dark horse candidates would be: Caleb Farley (assuming medical is clear) and JOK (he is a golden domer so you know Telesco has him on the board). Maybe Moehrig (safety is a much bigger need than what we are seeing in the media and he is the consensus best one in the draft).

While it would be a bummer to not fill that LT spot with the #13 pick - there could be options in Round 2 (plus Eric Fisher is still out there). Landing Parsons at pick 15 and picking up another 4 seems like a steal, especially considering his pass rush chops: rotate him with Nwosu at OLBs (Staley's history indicates he would get the most out of him at that position). Not too concerned about the maturity issues based on what I read (especially at pick 15).

Curious to get some thoughts on what people on the board would do:

Parsons?
      Jenkins?
      Farley? (the medical concerns me, especially with our injury history)
      JOK? Where does he play? Insurance for Derwin? Can he hold up at ILB in Staley's defense?
      Moehrig?
      Devonta Smith at 13? Awesome player, but a luxury pick with glaring needs at OT and CB.

Thanks for reading.

-Boltensen
      Hey welcome.

Trading back is the best solution to a nightmare 1-12 scenario.

Lately I’ve been thinking about the Ravens and their #27 and #31. The draft value of those 2 picks is 1260. The value of #13 is 1150. Pretty close (might have to throw in #97) and the Ravens might pull the trigger if they covet Devonta, etc. It would be a good spot for us, too.

The player pool between 27-31 might include: Radunz, Little, Stokes, Grant, Samuel, and Moehrig. I’d love to get 2 of them vs 1 guy at 13.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

What if the Chargers drafted Kwity Paye with the 13th pick. He seems like exactly what our HC wants on our EDGE???

Comment

• equivocation
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
          The dreary, repetitious drivel about Darrisaw at #13 has been allowed to stand unchallenged--up until now.

We draft in a few days, so it is time for a fight.

Christian does not look for work at the second level,
          because he does not have enough football instincts, and simply cannot see who needs to be blocked.

He has that smirk on his face,
          the smirk of the attention whore,
          who knows in their heart that the really aren't worth all the fuss.

Where's the grit ?
          It's certainly not in Blacksburg VA.
          ​​​​​
          I am willing to bribe teams ahead of us with extra picks,
          so that they take this future NFL bust before we have a chance to.

TT don't do it.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
          I hear he was on the grassy knoll while kicking a puppy AND SMILING ABOUT IT.

I also hear he's the real killer of Nicole Brown Simpson.

I dont think any of us are qualified to do psych evals of people we've never met. Maybe he's a stealth narcissist. Maybe he's a serial killer. Could say that about any prospect.

Darrisaw's biggest issue by far is his use of and mentality regarding his hands. He won't be able to get by with size and athleticism at the next level. Slater has the same issue IMO, passive hands on the corner. Not a great OT class outside Sewell and maybe Jenkins.

I'm big on Little, but criticizing Darrisaw's run blocking while giving Little a pass is a head scratcher.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Hey all - just joined the board. Long time fan here. Excited for the draft. For my own peace of mind - I was trying to project a worst-case scenario in which the key players at position of need we all assume are atop Telesco's board are gone by #13 (Sewell, Slater, Surtain, Horn, AVT, Darrisaw). In this scenario, the Vikings jump us to snag Darrisaw and AVT is already off the board leaving us to choose between Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons or reach a bit for Teven Jenkins...I personally like all 3 players. The value is there with Smith and Parsons. Jenkins would be considered a reach but if he ultimately ends up as a solid starter at either RT and LT nobody will care. Anyhow, imagine we are on the clock under this scenario and the Patriots call offering to swap spots and we pick up a 4th rounder in the deal. We are still guaranteed to land Devonta Smith, Micah Parsons or Tevin Jenkins.

With Smith gone, it's most likely between Parsons or Tevin Jenkins. Best player available or BPA at a position of need. Dark horse candidates would be: Caleb Farley (assuming medical is clear) and JOK (he is a golden domer so you know Telesco has him on the board). Maybe Moehrig (safety is a much bigger need than what we are seeing in the media and he is the consensus best one in the draft).

While it would be a bummer to not fill that LT spot with the #13 pick - there could be options in Round 2 (plus Eric Fisher is still out there). Landing Parsons at pick 15 and picking up another 4 seems like a steal, especially considering his pass rush chops: rotate him with Nwosu at OLBs (Staley's history indicates he would get the most out of him at that position). Not too concerned about the maturity issues based on what I read (especially at pick 15).

Parsons?
            Jenkins?
            JOK? Where does he play? Insurance for Derwin? Can he hold up at ILB in Staley's defense?
            Moehrig?
            Devonta Smith at 13? Awesome player, but a luxury pick with glaring needs at OT and CB.

Thanks for reading.

-Boltensen
            Good to have you here @TPB. Quality first post.
            My cluster in that scenario Farley, Phillips, Little, Collins, Jenkins, Parson, Tryon, Moehrig.
            Not knowing the medicals makes a decision difficult but if all things equal that is the order I take them.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
              What if the Chargers drafted Kwity Paye with the 13th pick. He seems like exactly what our HC wants on our EDGE???
              Telesco says we draft players, not positions...that being said, we have Nwosu, who they supposedly still like, and that one guy we picked up, Fackrel? Seems like there are bodies there, and the Chargers board is likely to have a better player than Paye at 13.

But to your question, IF they did? I would say they love the guy, and I'm cool with it.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
                Raw with little production. Wasn’t used well but should have been more productive with his athleticism and motor.
                If Jaelan Phillips is medically cleared, he’s a much better prospect.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Parsons?
                  Jenkins?
                  Moehrig?

Thanks for reading.

-Boltensen
                  Welcome.

My two cents? Still think TT and Staley are loving what JOK can do...but I would say Parsons, Farley....or Farley, Parsons...or JOK.

As to the bolded question....JOK can be insurance for James or Tranquil...true hybrid...but in a perfect world, he can be LB in base, and become the 5th DB in sub, which we run most of the time, right?

Staley likes to bring 4. Bosa, Joseph, Tillery, Nwosu are coming...you got Murray in the middle, and Tranquil and JOK(LBs who can run and cover) as backers, plus your 4 DBs....the base looks close to the sub package. (In base I have Joseph and Jones inside, Tillery at DE)

For Staley it's about football playing Jesses...and JOK, Parsons, and Farley are all that. He'll form the defense around the personnel we end up with, if he is as good as his word.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    You made me think he was posting here at the Blues. lol

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                      Fluent in Sarcasm
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Iowa
                      • Man of the People
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      Thibodeaux is in my early 2022 top 5. Burst, bend, length, powerful hands, and exceptional spin counter. Raw and needs developing but young and exactly the type of modern hybrid EDGE defender with speed, length, size, burst to play in any scheme and space.
                      Oregon is switching defenses this year and KT is reportedly gonna be playing more of an OLB role off the line of scrimmage with some dropping into coverage and such. Will be very interested to see how/if that effects his draft stock.

Always appreciate your takes ninja.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Parsons?
                        Jenkins?
                        Moehrig?

Thanks for reading.

-Boltensen
                        Welcome aboard.

And I don't even want to think about doomsday options.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Thanks, Fleeter. Making a mini-comeback. More mellow this time around. The football IQ on this board is off the charts; I can't hang with these guys.
                          There's only one way to truly determine whether you are worthy... answer carefully...

Would you rather be a dog or a cat...?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

By the way... no smirking allowed.

Comment

Working...
                          X