• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Lots of NFL writers have the Chargers taking Slater at 13 with Darrisaw still on the board

Comment

• Boltsfan70
      East Coast Chargers Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
      • Send PM

My clusters
      I am cool with them taking Pitts, Sewell, Horn, Surtain, Parsons, Slater, Darrisaw, Farley, AVT and Jenkins.
      I would be willing to trade up some for Sewell and Pitts at the right price using more future picks than this years. ( To many depth needs and position needs to fill this year)
      I would be ok with staying at 13 for Surtain, Darrisaw, Horn, and Parsons
      I would be cool with trading back to get any already mentioned and the rest of my list.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Im very happy that WR and CB are getting all the love in the 5-12 range.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          “My sources are telling me that Penei’s not very good at blocking and stuff like that, and that you should definitely not take him in the top 12” – Justin Herbert, Los Angeles Chargers QB
          terrell owens boards GIF

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

We call them OG’s around here....
            Original Gangster? Lol

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
              Lots of NFL writers have the Chargers taking Slater at 13 with Darrisaw still on the board
              I am good with that if Slater is the better player and can play Left Tackle in the NFL

That would be the ultimate to have both Darrisaw and Slater on the board

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Peter King musings:

2) Trades near the top of the draft could be limited this year. “The 49ers ruined the market by trading two ones to move nine spots,” one GM said. San Francisco, to go from 12 to three in the first round, gave Miami two future first-round picks and a third. So if Denver, for instance, wants to go from ninth to fourth with Atlanta to pick a quarterback, for example, Paton would have to pay a ransom because of the Niners’ market-setting move. I won’t be surprised if there are no trades in the top 10.

3) A record number of teams want to go down. “I’d say 35 to 75 is the hotbed of this draft,” one GM trying to move down from the twenties told me Sunday. I’m projecting a couple of small trades in my mock. I just couldn’t find evidence that QB-needy teams like New England, Washington and Chicago would move up from mid-round and kill their ’22 (and maybe ’23) drafts to move up for a passer.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Just saw this writer's mock: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mock-dr...120929495.html

Where the Chargers actually trade *up* (to #10) to grab...Christian Darrisaw! Does anybody here feel that Sewell, Jenkins and Darrisaw will all be gone in the Top 12? Not from what I've been reading here. I'd be so against that trade.

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2020
                    • Send PM

OK LET'S JUST TRADE UP TO NUMBER 8, OUR NUMBERS 13, 77 AND 159. WE GET ONE OF THE TOP 3 OT'S , A CB AT 47, AND DEPTH. TWO STARTERS AT PON AND DEPTH. ONLY REAL NEED WOULD BE EDGE!!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                      Just saw this writer's mock: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mock-dr...120929495.html

Where the Chargers actually trade *up* (to #10) to grab...Christian Darrisaw! Does anybody here feel that Sewell, Jenkins and Darrisaw will all be gone in the Top 12? Not from what I've been reading here. I'd be so against that trade.
                      Giving up any additional draft capital for Darrisaw is a big no. Trading down is the only way Darrisaw makes sense.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Giving up any additional draft capital for Darrisaw is a big no. Trading down is the only way Darrisaw makes sense.
                        I am good with Darrisaw at 13
                        I do not think they need to trade up for Darrisaw. If Darrisaw, Slater and Sewell are all gone - probably means a CB like Horn or Surtain is there. Thats not bad. I get Telesco needs to get a a LEFT tackle in this draft but he also needs to be smart about it and not force it. He said as much last week

He said he also has traded down - which I don't think is true either. He zigs while other teams zag. Well Tom - maybe start Zagging like the Ravens and win more damn games!

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

If a record number of teams want to trade down, shouldnt that make trading up cheaper?

Comment

Working...
                          X