Get them, F21.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Slater, Little and Jenkins also are in the 33 range and did not make it to the magic number 34. And AVT arms is even shorter than Christensen. So they all are guards too.

So that leaves only Darrisaw as the target for the trenchers at #13.
      we've got like what.... a handful or so of RTs, and how many LTs ?? zero (take Teven off the board pls)

and would you really trade up for a duck w/33+ arms and who's without an anchor @times ??

just like it was Herbert.... 'tis gonna be Darrisaw,

time to move on to day two.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
        Penei Sewell. 33 1/4” arms. He a guard.
        Think he is a RT.

Matter of fact, Teven Jenkins is generally regarded as a RT, he is really comparable to Sewell metrics in agility & composite speed. Edge goes to Jenkins but Sewell is carrying 331 lbs to Jenkins 317 so the slight speed advantage of Jenkins is most likely attributed to less weight. Jenkins is longer both in height 6057 to 6047 and arm length virtually same 33 1/2" to 33 1/4". Jenkins surprisingly did 36 reps compared to Sewell 30 reps which surprised me, but those are the raw metrics.
        Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 04-12-2021, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

like54ninjasFleet
          Peter King on Farley. I don’t know if I want to pick him at 13. But I’m open to 47 now if he falls to there.

7. CALEB FARLEY. The most interesting of the 150 draft-prospect medical rechecks—Farley is Round 1-graded cornerback from Virginia Tech—had a good day in Indianapolis on Friday. After undergoing a microdiscectomy (removing a damaged section of a herniated disc) in his back March 23 in Los Angeles, Farley told me Saturday that after imaging and a thorough physical and back exam in Indianapolis, he’s been cleared by NFL docs for the 2021 season.

Farley was told he’d need four months of rehab and recovery after the surgery, and that was the timetable the NFL medics saw over the weekend. “I got a lot of positive feedback from the NFL doctors,” Farley said. “The NFL doctors confirmed I would be ready for the season, and they told me this is definitely not a chronic thing.”

Four months from the date of the surgery is July 23. Most NFL camps open July 27. So Farley, the top corner on some boards before his surgery, should be ready to go at the start of camp, per doctors. “I plan to be the best cornerback of my generation,” he said. “I just can’t wait to get back in the pads again.” Expect him to be a first-round corner, still.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Lamp didn't just change position, he changed to the opposite side of the Oline: from left tackle to right guard;
            that's quite a transition for a rookie from a division 2 school.
            Things do happen, but they happen more often if players are thrust into unfamiliar situations,
            and need to be force fed quickly because they are going to start.
            Going to have to disagree. It was bad luck and who knows what happened exactly. Coincidence does not equal causation. Other players have made the transition without having an injury. It is what it is. Unless you can provide actual data showing that this is the case and not just for Lamp.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              like54ninjasFleet
              Peter King on Farley. I don’t know if I want to pick him at 13. But I’m open to 47 now if he falls to there.
              https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
              Farley won't make it to 47. He's just got too much upside. But if he slips to the late 20s or into the 30s, I'd be curious about the price to trade up and snag him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

we've got like what.... a handful or so of RTs, and how many LTs ?? zero (take Teven off the board pls)

and would you really trade up for a duck w/33+ arms and who's without an anchor @times ??

just like it was Herbert.... 'tis gonna be Darrisaw,

time to move on to day two.
                I think it will be Darrisaw too
                Popper in his mock has a trade down with the Bears and getting Darrisaw at 20.
                If the Chargers could get Darrisaw at 20 and get the extra 2nd round pick from "da Bears - be all over that

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

like54ninjasFleet
                  Clear medical is fantastic.
                  He is a top 5 talent.
                  Caleb @#13 makes a ton of sense. Vital PON, All-Pro skillset, ascending /scratching talent surface, FLASH like closing burst, tremendous length, confident “on a island” mindset, tough, plays with aggressive physicality, playmaker/game changer, and would more than likely be the top graded prospect.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Think he is a RT.

Matter of fact, Teven Jenkins is generally regarded as a RT, he is really comparable to Sewell metrics in agility & composite speed. Edge goes to Jenkins but Sewell is carrying 331 lbs to Jenkins 317 so the slight speed advantage of Jenkins is most likely attributed to less weight. Jenkins is longer both in height 6057 to 6047 and arm length virtually same 33 1/2" to 33 1/4". Jenkins surprisingly did 36 reps compared to Sewell 30 reps which surprised me, but those are the raw metrics.
                    So you have Cosmi as a LT but Sewell is a RT? OK....

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think it will be Darrisaw too
                      Popper in his mock has a trade down with the Bears and getting Darrisaw at 20.
                      If the Chargers could get Darrisaw at 20 and get the extra 2nd round pick from "da Bears - be all over that
                      If it's not gonna be Slater or Sewell, I'd favor a trade down. I think at least one of Jenkins, AVT, or Darrisaw will last into the early 20s. So it doesn't make sense to grab one over the others unless you think there is significant difference in the quality of prospect.

Comment

• Parcells
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Clear medical is fantastic.
                        He is a top 5 talent.
                        Caleb @#13 makes a ton of sense. Vital PON, All-Pro skillset, ascending /scratching talent surface, FLASH like closing burst, tremendous length, confident “on a island” mindset, tough, plays with aggressive physicality, playmaker/game changer, and would more than likely be the top graded prospect.
                        His medical issues will cause a slide. I'll be surprised if he goes in the top 20. If we trade down to 20s and landed him, I'd be cool with that.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

like54ninjasFleet
                          Thanks for the update.

Its a better outcome than guys like Myles Jack and Jaylen Smith got. They dropped to the 2nd because of career threatening medicals. Its one thing for him to be healed and ready for the season...its another for this to be a long term problem. A career long struggle. Only time will tell. Backs scare me. But i really know little about what he is dealing with post surgery. He is the 3rd CB on my board simply because of the long term fears i have...not whether he is ready for the season. He might have the largest bag of tricks out of the 3. Best combo of skills and football IQ. More athletic Surtain. Less Dog than Horn.

Like i said he is a top talent skillswise. Kind of a cross between Horn and Surtain to me. Im nervous at 13....but i get behind the pick and feel good about what he brings from a skill pov if hes the guy. But the trust? Needs to earn it. Im in a sort of go for broke mode this draft season. Covid tweaked things enough for me that im in "house Money" mode for some reason. Needs to play a couple seasons without the back issue. Then ill trust it. I put a 3 year study on all players anyways.

I little move back and grab him would be sweet.

Comment

Working...
                          X