• like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Random Predraft Nuggets....

-Very excited for the Bolts this draft...I honestly think the only way to screw up #13, realistically, is to take Devonta Smith. Regardless of some academic debates I have participated in leading up to the draft, pretty much anybody else we pick there is going to be A OK with me.:beer:

-I love Sewell...wary of the trade up cost. I would do it for a second, and a day 3 pick...but not for multiple day 2 picks.

-Outside of landing Sewell, my favorite scenario is the Bears, Patriots, and WFT fighting to get up and get a QB when we are on the clock at #13. Dream scenario.

-I have no problem not selecting a LT or CB with our first selection. No reason to panic, best to add the best possible player at #13...do I hope that it's a tackle or CB? Yes...but no reaching if it isn't, please.

​​​​-JOK is not only my darkhorse prediction...he is probably the smartest, highest value pick we can make with that #13 selection, if Sewell, Surtain, Slater, and Horn are gone. Nearly bust proof, and I believe almost certainly going to be a perennial pro bowl player, he also provides insurance against Tranquil or James being injury prone, as he can adequately, if not exactly, replace either player...and if all 3 are on the field, the entire middle depth of the field is locked down.

-Kwity Paye. I have talked very little about this prospect, but he is another dark horse selection at #13. This may sound cheesy, but when I see interviews with this kid, when I look in his eyes, I feel like I am seeing a very dangerous young man to get on the wrong side of the ball from. I think there may be a real monster lurking in there, ready to be coached all the way out. If teams get that controlled anger, intelligence, and hungry attitude in their one on one interviews, that I have seen in some of his television spots...he is going a lot higher than mocks have him.

-In relation to the above post, you throw in Jaelan Phillips, and I can't believe most mocks don't have at least one of these two Edge player going before we pick....and I don't think that is how the draft goes down.
    Great post. Lots of truth nuggets in there.

I’d rather pick Jamin Davis over JOK. Davis is bigger, explosive, insane coverage chops, and is a big playmaker.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Listening to GMFB this morning and heard this nugget.
      Teams are split on the Farley injury and when he’ll be ready to play. Speculation is has a real chance of slipping out of the first round.
      Sewell / Farley 1-2 would be my dream first 2 picks.

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Everyone wants to post "doomsday" scenarios...or so they call it. There are a lot of mocks out there, a lot of scenarios. Why not this one?

1. JAX-Trevor Lawrance QB Duh.

2. NYJ-Zach Wilson QB Duh again.

3. SFC-Mac Jones QB The only reason the 49rs are being coy? They realize no one else wants him this high, and are trying to generate buzz, so they can maybe trade back a little bit, and still nab him.

4. ATL-Kyle Pitts TE I think this is nearly as certain as Lawrance and Wilson going 1-2.

5.CIN-Ja'Marr Chase WR I really think this is how it plays out. Plenty of chances to address oline in this draft with the other picks they have.

6.MIA-Jaylon Waddle WR I think it's a weapon for Tua.

7.NE-Trey Lance QB This begins the trade up wars between Pats, Bears, WFT (From Lions)

8.CHI-Justin Fields QB You saw what they were willing to give up for RW...what they gave up for Biscuit...they will find some way to get up here. (From Panthers)

9.DEN-Jaelan Phillips DE Underrated in mocks, and Von Miller nearly done in Denver. When was the last time there wasn't Edge taken top 12?

10.DAL-Micah Parsons LB 2 broken collar bones, neck surgery...Vander Esch isn't the future they thought at LB

Surtain, Sewell, and Slater still there? Just wait....

11. NYG-Devonta Smith WR Control element for the Daniel Jones experiment...eliminating excuses by providing weapons.

12.PHI-Joe Horn CB Some like him better than Surtain for athletic upside and aggressiveness.

There you are....Sewell, Slater, and Surtain at #13. Unlikely, yes. Possible? At least as possible as all three OTs being picked before us, as some on here like to worry over...

A few points about how this is possible?

1. All 5 QBs need to go top 12
        2.Parsons needs to be coveted, and that is very possible...Jerry never shies away from a little smudge on the jacket, and sadly, Vader Esch is turning into an injury bust. Parsons is top 10 talent.
        3.Edge player needs to be taken top 12. When was the last time that didn't happen? And there are good Edge players here. I think it very plausible...
        4.Here is the hard sell...Devonta Smith. If anybody takes him top 12, I will be more surprised than either Parsons and/or an Edge player going top 12....he is getting respect in mocks because of his college career.
        5.So if the Eagles take Sewell or Surtain? You still either get Sewell or Surtain...or even Slater or Horn if you prefer...

Some of you all want to dwell on the worst case scenario...come draft night, I'm going for this Disney movie scenario...until it falls apart...lol...

But I do think it very likely that either Sewell, Surtain, or Slater will be there at 13...very likely.
        Last edited by Lone Bolt; 04-27-2021, 04:04 PM.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          Listening to GMFB this morning and heard this nugget.
          Teams are split on the Farley injury and when he’ll be ready to play. Speculation is has a real chance of slipping out of the first round.
          Sewell / Farley 1-2 would be my dream first 2 picks.
          What are they saying ninja ?
          Betcha it's Draft Week bullcocky.

Farley's most recent microsurgery
          was a follow up/clean up following misdiagnosis, not a new injury.

I put him around @#20 from the perceived risk weighed against reward per talent level and value of position.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Great post. Lots of truth nuggets in there.

I’d rather pick Jamin Davis over JOK. Davis is bigger, explosive, insane coverage chops, and is a big playmaker.
            I do like Jamin Davis a lot, but JOK is far safer at that draft position, ton of consistent play on his resume...and the weight doesn't scare me...Darius Leonard, at similar size, is my comp.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

I do like Jamin Davis a lot, but JOK is far safer at that draft position, ton of consistent play on his resume...and the weight doesn't scare me...Darius Leonard, at similar size, is my comp.
              I've had this debate with myself.
              Jamin vs Moehrig vs JOK.
              @#13.
              Tie would go to Moehrig.
              Based upon our depth chart and scheme.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Everyone wants to post "doomsday" scenarios...or so they call it. There are a lot of mocks out there, a lot of scenarios. Why not this one?

3. SFC-Mac Jones QB The only reason the 49rs are being coy? They realize no one else wants him this high, and are trying to generate buzz, so they can maybe trade back a little bit, and still nab him.

4. ATL-Kyle Pitts TE I think this is nearly as certain as Lawrance and Wilson going 1-2.

5.CIN-Ja'Marr Chase WR I really think this is how it plays out. Plenty of chances to address oline in this draft with the other picks they have.

7.NE-Trey Lance QB This begins the trade up wars between Pats, Bears, WFT (From Lions)

8.CHI-Justin Fields QB You saw what they were willing to give up for RW...what they gave up for Biscuit...they will find some way to get up here. (From Panthers)

9.DEN-Jaelan Phillips DE Underrated in mocks, and Von Miller nearly done in Denver. When was the last time there wasn't Edge taken top 12?

10.DAL-Micah Parsons LB 2 broken collar bones, neck surgery...Vander Esch isn't the future they thought at LB

11. NYG-Devonta Smith WR Control element for the Daniel Jones experiment...eliminating excuses by providing weapons.

12.PHI-Joe Horn CB Some like him better than Surtain for athletic upside and aggressiveness.

There you are....Sewell, Slater, and Surtain at #13. Unlikely, yes. Possible? At least as possible as all three OTs being picked before us, as some on here like to worry over...

1. All 5 QBs need to go first round
                2.Parsons needs to be coveted, and that is very possible...Jerry never shies away from a little smudge on the jacket, and sadly, Vader Esch is turning into an injury bust. Parsons is top 10 talent.
                3.Edge player needs to be taken top 12. When was the last time that didn't happen? And there are good Edge players here. I think it very plausible...
                4.Here is the hard sell...Devonta Smith. If anybody takes him top 12, I will be more surprised than either Parsons and/or an Edge player going top 12....he is getting respect in mocks because of his college career.
                5.So if the Eagles take Sewell or Surtain? You still either get Sewell or Surtain...or even Slater or Horn if you prefer...

Some of you all want to dwell on the worst case scenario...come draft night, I'm going for this Disney movie scenario...until it falls apart...lol...

But I do think it very likely that either Sewell, Surtain, or Slater will be there at 13...very likely.
                As of today, Tuesday April 27 - two days before the draft

I think one of these three players will be there at 13 - if not two
                Surtain, Horn and Slater

Maybe I am wrong - but if Slater gets by the Panthers - he will be there for the Chargers at 13
                Broncos: QB or Edge
                Cowboys are going CB or possibly Edge over OL - that defense needs a LOT of work!
                Giants I think are going Edge or WR
                EAgles - probably going CB, maybe WR - just don't think they go OL

I don't think Telesco needs to panic - he just needs to sit at 13 and see what happens

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

1. All 5 QBs need to go first round

Bucky Brooks has mocked Kwity Paye to us @#13.
                  EDGE prospects also go high. Phillips is a monster with a concussion history. If his medicals are a go, he’ll go top 10.

Hey let’s just set this scenario into reality and make most/every Charger fan happy.
                  Sewell @#13 and our full compliment of picks to still use.
                  Now hearing on GMFB (think Will Silva) that some NFL GMs are worried about the long term prognosis for Farley’s back. Let him fall to us in round 2.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Jamin vs Moehrig vs JOK.
                    @#13.
                    Tie would go to Moehrig.
                    I can see that value to the roster in Moehrig.
                    Jamin’s ceiling is very appealing to me though. I think he can play OBLB, SS, BNCB, EDGE, and he is an excellent blitzer.
                    We could use both and just play Big Nickel. The combo of Derwin, K9, Jamin, Nasir, Moehrig would be frightening for opposing offenses. There is true disguise in that group.
                    So many ways to go to improve the team.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Jamin vs Moehrig vs JOK.
                      @#13.
                      Tie would go to Moehrig.
                      Which one can play left tackle? He's the one I want.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

The only thing I DON'T want in this draft is to trade up using draft picks.We need MORE picks, not less. There are too many talented football players in the top 150.
                        We need more good football players.
                        Keep your picks Tom, or better yet, get MORE!

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Send PM

Bucky Brooks has mocked Kwity Paye to us @#13.
                          EDGE prospects also go high. Phillips is a monster with a concussion history. If his medicals are a go, he’ll go top 10.

Hey let’s just set this scenario into reality and make most/every Charger fan happy.
                          Sewell @#13 and our full compliment of picks to still use.
                          Now hearing on GMFB (think Will Silva) that some NFL GMs are worried about the long term prognosis for Farley’s back. Let him fall to us in round 2.

Let's go glass all the way full...

#13-Penei Sewell OT
                          #47-Trevon Moehrig S
                          #77-Jamin Davis LB
                          #97-Ifeatu Melifonwu CB

Who needs a broken ass mock draft simulator to spit out a cheesy, fairy tale draft?:Cheers1:

Comment

Working...
                          X