Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just think if he were a true bona top LT prospect -there would be more of a consensus. Like Kyle Pitts seems like the cleaner pick to me at this point. There is consensus about Pitts that there isn't about Sewell. I just am not sure he is worth trading up for - especially a future first or a current 2nd plus more picks.
    There isn’t a consensus about Sewell? Because Jeremiah has him behind Slater based off of Slater’s one game against Chase Young? That’s like saying there isn’t a consensus on Lawrence because Chris Simms says he isn’t the top QB in the draft.

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post

It's almost like people are frequently wrong.
      That's kind of the point for not trading up for Sewell. People are frequently wrong so they should take more chances to get some right.

That being said, the argument that the Bengals would pick him if he was good is a straight up appeal to authority. And that authority is THE BENGALS!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post

There isn’t a consensus about Sewell? Because Jeremiah has him behind Slater based off of Slater’s one game against Chase Young? That’s like saying there isn’t a consensus on Lawrence because Chris Simms says he isn’t the top QB in the draft.
        Jeremiah
        The Bob McGinn article
        other things I have read

Who knows - its the draft. He might be worth trading up for - we will just have to wait and see

End of the day, if they trade for Sewell I will appreciate the fact that Telesco knows the importance of Left TAckle and tries to fill that need. I will understand the trade if he does it.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Jeremiah
          The Bob McGinn article
          other things I have read

Who knows - its the draft. He might be worth trading up for - we will just have to wait and see
          Isn’t the point to know before the draft if a player is worth trading up for? Curious what you’ve seen on film that makes you think he won’t be the prospect 99% of people think he will be.

Comment

• Disco Volante
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            The only thing I DON'T want in this draft is to trade up using draft picks.We need MORE picks, not less. There are too many talented football players in the top 150.
            We need more good football players.
            Keep your picks Tom, or better yet, get MORE!
            warren sharp was on the ringer nfl show talking about this last week. he made a pretty strong argument against trading up in almost every case.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Isn’t the point to know before the draft if a player is worth trading up for? Curious what you’ve seen on film that makes you think he won’t be the prospect 99% of people think he will be.
              who is this 99%? This Forum and Twitter

If thats the 99% - - I will continue to read McGinn and Jeremiah, and I will stick at 13 and be just fine
              I have said for two months - first it was Farley, Surtain and Slater
              Now with the injury to Farley its Surtain, Horn and Slater -- but I think one of those three will be there at 13

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Remember when people thought Merriman would go high in the draft but he fell to us? Remember when people thought getting James was an impossible hope? Strange things can happen in the draft and my hope is that somehow Sewell falls to us without needing to trade - now isn't that a nice thought!
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                  Remember when people thought Merriman would go high in the draft but he fell to us? Remember when people thought getting James was an impossible hope? Strange things can happen in the draft and my hope is that somehow Sewell falls to us without needing to trade - now isn't that a nice thought!
                  Yes - for sure

And it all makes for lively good debate and dialogue. Plus I think we are all just ready to see what happens

(gosh only knows what we will talk about from post draft to training camp but I will be here spouting my usual "shtuff" with all of you!)

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

who is this 99%? This Forum and Twitter

If thats the 99% - - I will continue to read McGinn and Jeremiah, and I will stick at 13 and be just fine
                    I have said for two months - first it was Farley, Surtain and Slater
                    Now with the injury to Farley its Surtain, Horn and Slater -- but I think one of those three will be there at 13
                    If you can only name the exceptions then the 99% would clearly be any other platform that has anything to say about football. There are also some minds on here that I would put up against any of the publicated talking heads out there. Again if you’ve seen something on film then please do share.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

If you can only name the exceptions then the 99% would clearly be any other platform that has anything to say about football. There are also some minds on here that I would put up against any of the publicated talking heads out there. Again if you’ve seen something on film then please do share.
                      I agree - there are people on this site who are more knowledgeable and nuanced than I am for sure and many published in the media.

I can only tell relate where I get my information and why I value it over others. Its like Keith Law in baseball - Bob McGinn is good in football. If Gosselin still did his mock draft - I would look to him.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

I agree - there are people on this site who are more knowledgeable and nuanced than I am for sure and many published in the media.

I can only tell relate where I get my information and why I value it over others. Its like Keith Law in baseball - Bob McGinn is good in football. If Gosselin still did his mock draft - I would look to him.
                        Benjamin Allbright is developing a reputation too.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Benjamin Allbright is developing a reputation too.
                          Thanks -I will give him a review. I read DAne Brugler this year - detailed and thorough thats for sure

Comment

Working...
                          X